The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I still have no idea why you appointed McLeish. Don't rate him at all as a manager.
Reply 1021
Original post by Karma Charger
I still have no idea why you appointed McLeish. Don't rate him at all as a manager.

Nor do we. :confused:
Original post by Aust1n
Nor do we. :confused:

Mind you, I said the same about Pardew but I'm not complaining that much now ;D
Reply 1023
Original post by Karma Charger
Mind you, I said the same about Pardew but I'm not complaining that much now ;D

I was doing all sorts of LOLs when I found out you had Pardew, now I am just jealous. Ba too, what a striker for free!!
I thought Ireland was better than most of them, Bent was ****ing useless and ask for Warnock he needs to be sold, time and time again he costs us.
Original post by Rock Fan
I thought Ireland was better than most of them, Bent was ****ing useless and ask for Warnock he needs to be sold, time and time again he costs us.

Enda Stevens officially signed today -- hopefully he can replace Warnock soon. He's absolutely ****.

As for Bent, I'd happily sell him if it meant we could fund a move for a player like Defoe, who scores goals AND contributes to the team.

There's also a lot of talk on Twitter that James Collins is gonna be off to either QPR or Sunderland soon.
Reply 1026
Original post by Kidioteque
Enda Stevens officially signed today -- hopefully he can replace Warnock soon. He's absolutely ****.

As for Bent, I'd happily sell him if it meant we could fund a move for a player like Defoe, who scores goals AND contributes to the team.

There's also a lot of talk on Twitter that James Collins is gonna be off to either QPR or Sunderland soon.

I'm looking forward to seeing Enda, hopefully he gets a shot on Saturday.

Bent, he is fine when he has support, for example; Gabby and Alien Head, but rubbish when it is hoof football.

Collin's better not go, we really need him. However, if our midfield gets fit again I am more than happy with Clark back at CB.

It's our manager that is causing the problems, not the players.
Reply 1027
Enda has been so hyped up by this thread. I don't know if I can face another disappointment after Salifou and Gary Gardner, so he better be good.
Original post by Phalanges
Enda has been so hyped up by this thread. I don't know if I can face another disappointment after Salifou and Gary Gardner, so he better be good.

Gary Gardner? Since when did he disappoint? Give the lad a chance!
Is Stephen Ireland a nailed on starter now? *shameless fantasy foootball question*
Reply 1030
So it seems Robbie Keane might finally get to play for the club he supported so fervently as a child, after it emerged Aston Villa are interested in him. :holmes:
Reply 1031
Original post by Da_hopeful_1
Is Stephen Ireland a nailed on starter now? *shameless fantasy foootball question*

If he starts against Bristol and impresses again I would say more than likely.
Reply 1032
Original post by Abiraleft
So it seems Robbie Keane might finally get to play for the club he supported so fervently as a child, after it emerged Aston Villa are interested in him. :holmes:

He's said that about every club he's ever moved to! haha
Reply 1033
Original post by Aust1n

Collin's better not go, we really need him. However, if our midfield gets fit again I am more than happy with Clark back at CB.

If somebody comes in offering £5million+ for Collins then it'd be impossible to refuse, i'd bite their hand off. I'd much rather play Cuellar or Clark.

Original post by Kidioteque
Gary Gardner? Since when did he disappoint? Give the lad a chance!

Gary Gardeners a great player! The sooner he's worked into the starting line-up the better!
Reply 1034
Original post by Cll_ws
If somebody comes in offering £5million+ for Collins then it'd be impossible to refuse, i'd bite their hand off. I'd much rather play Cuellar or Clark.

Gary Gardeners a great player! The sooner he's worked into the starting line-up the better!

I would quite like Clark to play more, he is a great player. I love hearing Dunne shout "Clarky! Clarky!" at him every five minutes too when he is being told to get into position. :ahah:
I'd take a few million for Collins, there is some dead wood that needs to be cleared out of Villa Park.
Reply 1036
I really wonder what some of you lot are on about in this thread sometimes :colondollar:

Collins should not be in our first XI, and shouldn't have been for a very long time. I have fond memories of his first season with us, but since then he has been a liability. Dunne seems so much more comfortable with Cuellar next to him it's untrue. I genuinely believe we have a top CB in Dunne, but his perfomances are often times dragged down due him having to cover for Collins. Any offer, ANY, should be accepted.

Haven't seen enough of Edna (sic) to get excited about him, and what little I did see of him in the Europa games he didn't seem up to much. Only a kid though, and on the cheap, so you can't expect too much from him. If he gets in to the first team EVER then well done him and we have made a bargain signing. If he doesnt, oh well. Think the reason we made the signing was that we don't have any really decent FB prospects, but we do have some good CBs, CMs, and wingers.

Gary Gardner will come good, one way or another. What I mean by that is, whether be it for us or someone else, time will tell. We've let talent slip through the net on numerous occasions before and are bound to do it again...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1037
Original post by Rock Fan
I'd take a few million for Collins, there is some dead wood that needs to be cleared out of Villa Park.

Beye and the H Bomb :facepalm2:
Reply 1038
Onuoha looks like he's getting a move, could be a good replacement for Collins if you need one, depending on what City want for him.

Or bring back your favourite secret agent, he still wants a move :ahee:
Gods no not Liam Ridgewell please stay at Blues

Latest