The Student Room Group

Newcastle Medical School 2012 Entry Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1540
Original post by NinjaRikki
Oh okay, forget about any questions they asked you :P But what did you say about being a doctor anything? I had a women and a man. I think the women was an admissions tutor and the gut was the one who did the open day :smile:

haha, I just don't want to break any rules that's all! well I barely said anything about WHY I wanted to be a doctor, but then I had to explain what I'd do at some points.. I don't want to give too much away, I don't really know how much we can say about the interview, if anybody knows aghh :confused:
Original post by loz876
haha, I just don't want to break any rules that's all! well I barely said anything about WHY I wanted to be a doctor, but then I had to explain what I'd do at some points.. I don't want to give too much away, I don't really know how much we can say about the interview, if anybody knows aghh :confused:

lolol sorry if im putting you under pressure, I dont mean to :smile:

So ill just ask did you go into a lot of depth about being a doctor i.e. You told me you didnt say much about why YOU wanted to be a doctor BUT did you say a lo about being a doctor?
Reply 1542

So ill just ask did you go into a lot of depth about being a doctor i.e. You told me you didnt say much about why YOU wanted to be a doctor BUT did you say a lo about being a doctor?

if your interview didnt go as well as you would like to, dont worry too much. after mine i kept thinking i had forgot to say important stuff, and I still got an offer!
Reply 1543

no don't worry you're not, I just want to be on the safe side and not say too much...

I'd say about half of the stuff I talked about was about being a doctor, the other half not so much, but still related. Does that help? How about you :smile:?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by adsyrah
So...

A pattern about UCAS is that they send out emails about track updates every 15- and 45-past the hour (or maybe every 15 minutes if someone can confirm they've received a track email dead-on the hour or half past).

Ah I got one dead on the hour so it's probably every 15 minutes!
Reply 1545
Does anyone else always get 2 emails from track, a few hours apart? They always say the same thing, and are about the same change :s-smilie:
Reply 1546
*Subscribes* :h:
I received my offer today! So excited! Newcastle will be my first choice.
I'm going crazy! Passing the time with this: http://escism.net/omfgdogs/
Oh okay, forget about any questions they asked you :P But what did you say about being a doctor anything? I had a women and a man. I think the women was an admissions tutor and the gut was the one who did the open day :smile:

I think I had them too! Did the woman have brown curly hair?
Reply 1550
Original post by Obadetona
I'm going crazy! Passing the time with this: http://escism.net/omfgdogs/

That's actually really entertaining! :wink:
Reply 1551
Original post by MGA
congratulations!

at what time did you receive your email from UCAS?

Original post by Notethis
By "just" you mean you just received the email, or you just opened the email?

I meant I just read it (I had a driving lesson straight after school). I "recieved" the email at 1:45ish :smile:
Original post by Erotas
Thank you! This is exactly what we need to hear right now - I was getting worried that so many people are getting offers how could they possibly have enough for another day!!

he was sure he must have blown it because it looked like everone else had offers before him. he added up how many and it turned out to be around 50 on here but it had seemed like everyone else when he kept reading post after post about offers. He kept saying that since lots of people not on tsr must have offers too, there couldn't be any left. by the end of the 2 weeks he was 100% sure he'd missed his offer. then it came...along with a whole load of offers for other people who had also thought they were going to be rejected. don't give up hope. I know that's easy to say but he got 4 offers in 2 days in the end (all mid-March )
Original post by nick526
i meant i just read it (i had a driving lesson straight after school). I "recieved" the email at 1:45ish :smile:

well done nick !!
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by MGA
does anyone know if there is any accomodation that is catered and en suite?

Posh boy/girl alert!
Original post by MGA
if your interview didnt go as well as you would like to, dont worry too much. after mine i kept thinking i had forgot to say important stuff, and I still got an offer!

Yeah but did you say much about being a doctor in your interview?
Original post by Paralysis
I think I had them too! Did the woman have brown curly hair?

not sure I think so :smile: when was your interview
Reply 1557
Original post by Steerforth
Posh boy/girl alert!

not really... i asked it not because i'm thinking about choosing it, but because my friend is considering it and didnt find anything like that...
Reply 1558
Yeah but did you say much about being a doctor in your interview?

I ended up talking about it in some questions, but not much.
Original post by MGA
I ended up talking about it in some questions, but not much.

Okay cheers for the quick reply, and congrats again! Newcastle is my first choice, so quite stressed at the minute, hopefully I can calm down a bit :ashamed2:

Quick Reply

Latest