The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
It's probably the most racist in Western Europe. The thing about France is they are very top-down about these things because the main point of the revolution was republicanism, so you have to fit in with what everyone else is doing.

In terms of its social structure France is just like us except they actually have balls and do successful social engineering measures. For example, a year or two ago when Sarkozy was deporting all those Roma, can you imagine anyone from this country actually doing that?

These two things mean nobody really complains when they pass laws like the one prohibiting the veil. But the problem with this is that all the foreign people are really forced into an underclass (by comparison, over here, there is a lot of white underclass, we call them chavs). So in France you still have these retarded debates about race and religion that we got over ten or fifteen years ago.

And the foreign underclass causes the same problems as any other underclass which is brilliant for people like Marine Le Pen because it's such a ready and synonymous scapegoat. France is the best country to be a racist politician in.
Reply 21
If the UK is considered a part of europe than no because the UK would be the most racist country. However, if the Uk is not considered than yes, France is the most racist country.
Original post by Arekkusu
It's probably the most racist in Western Europe. The thing about France is they are very top-down about these things because the main point of the revolution was republicanism, so you have to fit in with what everyone else is doing.

In terms of its social structure France is just like us except they actually have balls and do successful social engineering measures. For example, a year or two ago when Sarkozy was deporting all those Roma, can you imagine anyone from this country actually doing that?

These two things mean nobody really complains when they pass laws like the one prohibiting the veil. But the problem with this is that all the foreign people are really forced into an underclass (by comparison, over here, there is a lot of white underclass, we call them chavs). So in France you still have these retarded debates about race and religion that we got over ten or fifteen years ago.

And the foreign underclass causes the same problems as any other underclass which is brilliant for people like Marine Le Pen because it's such a ready and synonymous scapegoat. France is the best country to be a racist politician in.

France has far more gypsies than Britain does because it's a part of mainland Europe. The shooter before he died said to the police he was influenced by the burqa ban among other things. France in terms of race relations is extremely bad. I remember reading an article where a French footballer was confused that a black person would describe himself as English. In France black/Arab people don't describe themselves as French even if they were born there. The Jewish people who died had their bodies immediately shipped off to Israel for burial, I don't think British Jews would do that.
Reply 23
Original post by Raducan

As a comparison, France managed to reach this milestone almost a century ago in 1914...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Diagne

As a representative of Senegal, I'm not sure that he was elected by white French people...
Reply 24
Original post by Raducan
This.

It was only last year that they elected their first black politician ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean_Gregoire_Sagbo

As a comparison, France managed to reach this milestone almost a century ago in 1914...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaise_Diagne

First black politician at Russia had lived at 18th century.

http://ru.wikipedia.org/wiki/%D0%A4%D0%B0%D0%B9%D0%BB:Peter_the_Great_with_a_black_page.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abram_Petrovich_Gannibal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ivan_Gannibal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Pushkin
Reply 25
Original post by Sharri5
If the UK is considered a part of europe than no because the UK would be the most racist country. However, if the Uk is not considered than yes, France is the most racist country.

Have you even read this thread?

Please explain what racism exists in the UK that you wouldn't find in France, Germany, Italy, Poland etc.
I've heard this country.. I've heard people are racist there...

Stop talking without knowing anything. Travel and see by yourself!
Original post by Brutal Honesty
France has far more gypsies than Britain does because it's a part of mainland Europe. The shooter before he died said to the police he was influenced by the burqa ban among other things. France in terms of race relations is extremely bad. I remember reading an article where a French footballer was confused that a black person would describe himself as English. In France black/Arab people don't describe themselves as French even if they were born there. The Jewish people who died had their bodies immediately shipped off to Israel for burial, I don't think British Jews would do that.

btw, burial in israel is a religious jewish thing, nothing to do with loyalty to the state. wherever they live, jews pray for the safety and success of their home country.
Original post by sollythewise
btw, burial in israel is a religious jewish thing, nothing to do with loyalty to the state. wherever they live, jews pray for the safety and success of their home country.

So why Israel? Or are they going to be buried in a specific part of Israel?
Original post by democracyforum
Serbia

Hungary

Northern Irish

How is Northern ireland racist? and if your refering to catholics and protestants thats not to do purely because of religion, its hugely political.

go and do your research.
Eastern European especially Russia, the stories I'm hearing of African immigrants being attacked by Nationlist gangs. Basically they attack anyone who doesn't look Russian. I've even heard that students who study in Russia can't even go out because they're so scared of being beaten up.
Original post by AverageExcellence
How is Northern ireland racist? and if your refering to catholics and protestants thats not to do purely because of religion, its hugely political.

go and do your research.

Ignore the catholic issue, they are racist towards gypsies, pakistanis, etc.
Original post by democracyforum
Ignore the catholic issue, they are racist towards gypsies, pakistanis, etc.

I disagree.
Reply 33
Contrary to the original poster, I don't think France is a particularly racist country.

This issue lies in France's colonial past, with its hangover being the arrival of immigrants. Having a large empire in Africa has naturally resulted in a wave of immigration, but, on the whole, this is not a major concern for the French. Some may point out the spike in the polls for the FN recently, but it is necessary to underline that, from the Revolution onwards, France's political persuasion has been slightly right of centre. The FN's policies of traditionalism therefore ally themselves nicely with the main republican principles.

On top of that, the government's policy of laïcité, which creates a sense of taboo over religion, means there is hardly any discussion on this key issue. By denying people the opportunity to talk about it, hostility and tensions foments. Luckily, this rarely occurs, with the events of this week being a very rare example.

I completely disagree with the statement that France is a racist country; if anyone can suggest that it is more racist than any other European country, I would be eager to hear their opinions.
France is seen as racist because French people are still proud of their country, which is alien to most other Europeans. They just don't have a civil society that is completely terrified about making politically incorrect statements. Eastern Europe, on the other hand, experiences profound racism. Being black in Moscow or Kiev especially, that can be a death sentence.
Reply 35
This may sound bizarre but in France the racism there is more subtle, what I mean is that people will say that they don't hate black/immigrants in public but behind the scenes they secretly support far-right parties such as the FN.

Whereas in countries such as Russia, Poland and Ukraine even though there aren't really any popular right wing parties there is a lot more violence against blacks, jews and muslims.
Reply 36
France and the UK are deffo up there. Both racist countries and no rights for ethnic minorities.
Reply 37
Original post by ajtiesto
France and the UK are deffo up there. Both racist countries and no rights for ethnic minorities.

shut up. compared to what? asia and africa for other minorities. yh, sure.
Reply 38
Original post by Brutal Honesty
White people are the most oppressed group in Europe.

are you being sarcastic????

lol whites are being oppressed! thats the last thing, they are the one who oppress other people and racism started from them.

neg for speaking truth.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by SuperSam_Fantastiche
France is pretty bad, but I've heard Italy and Portugal are worse.

Not sure about Italy but I wouldn't say the same for Portugal. I myself am of Afro-Portuguese descent and of the times I've visited Portugal, everyone has been very nice. Probs has to do with half their overseas colonies living there or something, because I noticed that they had loads of mixed race people there too.

Latest

Trending

Trending