The Student Room Group

zara selection process

Hi I received a call from a woman at Inditex, asking me to come in on friday at the recruitment building on regent street. She said its not a actual interview, but we need to bring a CV and fill out an application form and that there would be a group of us. Can anyone tell me what actually happens, will there be a group interview instead?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
AH! I been needing this thread. I received a call today from Inditex and I was invited to go the Zara Head Office on Regents Street for a selection process as well. I'm aware I have to bring a CV, fill out an application and they will ask us questions but I'm a bit confused about what the question will be about and will we have to interact with the other applicants?
Original post by Swindon
AH! I been needing this thread. I received a call today from Inditex and I was invited to go the Zara Head Office on Regents Street for a selection process as well. I'm aware I have to bring a CV, fill out an application and they will ask us questions but I'm a bit confused about what the question will be about and will we have to interact with the other applicants?

what day is yours on, mine is this friday at 1pm. I am also confused, she said it would last an hour so it might be a group interview, I have no idea what to wear, I dont have any trousers only black jeans.
Reply 3
Mine is on Friday as well at 1pm. Yeah she told me that others would be involved but she also said that "This is not an interview".

I was thinking of wearing black jeans, because my black trousers are washed out lol. but I think that would be a big no no, because of how sophisticated Zara are. If you can't find black trousers, I'm sure dark navy trouser and fashionable blouse will do. Tbh I hope it is an interview so I get it done and out of the way, because then I'll be worrying about the 'real' interview.
I think black jeans are fine if you wear it with a blazer or something to smarten it up. It supposed to be 3 stages apparently, so Im assuming its selection process, group interview than 1-1 with store manager. I'm not so good at group interviews but Ill try my best, just want to know what kinda questions they may ask
Reply 5
You don't need to do anything tbh. You watch a video, there is a small moment where they will ask general questions like, what shops are under inditex? what do you know about inditex? etc.
It takes half an hour about. Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by Zhin
You don't need to do anything tbh. You watch a video, there is a small moment where they will ask general questions like, what shops are under inditex? what do you know about inditex? etc.
It takes half an hour about. Good luck!

That's good to hear then, thank you! Did you have to go through this process as well then?
Reply 7
AH! i've also been wanting know more about the Zara recruitment and selection process! I've been invited to go to their head office tomorrow at 1. What kind of questions do you think they might ask?
Kinda nervous tho!
Reply 8
Original post by Swindon
That's good to hear then, thank you! Did you have to go through this process as well then?

Yup. It's pretty long winded just for a retail assistant... You have the presentation, then the group interview, and then if you pass that you have to wait for a shop to have a vacancy which will then lead you to a one-to-one interview with the store manager.
Reply 9
How long does the group interview take?
What type of questions are asked?
Reply 10
Original post by Zhin
Yup. It's pretty long winded just for a retail assistant... You have the presentation, then the group interview, and then if you pass that you have to wait for a shop to have a vacancy which will then lead you to a one-to-one interview with the store manager.

hey how was your experience with the whole process? Should i be nervous?
Reply 11
Original post by TulsiH
How long does the group interview take?
What type of questions are asked?

I forgot to say all that doesn't happen all in one day!
But it's a group of 20-odd people, so speak out. You watch a video first and try to remember as much as possible as they like to see what you pick up, brush up on your knowledge before about Inditex too. Then they'll ask you to form tinier groups and plan an outfit for anyone for any event (check what the ZARA shop is selling below before going upstairs, or website the night before) then they gave the group a situation where you are working at the fitting room and all the superiors are gone, it's busy but someone walks into the fitting room with a dog in her bag, what do you do?

Hope I was helpful :smile:
Reply 12
Just keep calm and smile and be well-spoken. I wasn't really nervous becuase I've had so many interviews so no time for that lol! If you keep confident you should do well. Be sure about yourself and always remember that the customers run Inditex.
Reply 13
Original post by Zhin
I forgot to say all that doesn't happen all in one day!
But it's a group of 20-odd people, so speak out. You watch a video first and try to remember as much as possible as they like to see what you pick up, brush up on your knowledge before about Inditex too. Then they'll ask you to form tinier groups and plan an outfit for anyone for any event (check what the ZARA shop is selling below before going upstairs, or website the night before) then they gave the group a situation where you are working at the fitting room and all the superiors are gone, it's busy but someone walks into the fitting room with a dog in her bag, what do you do?

Hope I was helpful :smile:

Ahh thank yoou! That was really helpful.
So what do would we be asked to do tomorrow. I have just been told that we will have to fill out a form, watch a presentation and hand in our cv. Is that all? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by TulsiH
Ahh thank yoou! That was really helpful.
So what do would we be asked to do tomorrow. I have just been told that we will have to fill out a form, watch a presentation and hand in our cv. Is that all? :smile:

Yup. That's all it is. Apart from "what do you know about Inditex?"
- It won't matter if you don't answer becuase they won't remember your face. But I said that they don't advertise and that they bring new designs into shops as often as twice a week.
Reply 15
Original post by Zhin
Yup. That's all it is. Apart from "what do you know about Inditex?"
- It won't matter if you don't answer becuase they won't remember your face. But I said that they don't advertise and that they bring new designs into shops as often as twice a week.

Alrite thank yoou. I'm feeling much more confident. :smile:
Reply 16
No problemo. Good luck guys!
Reply 17
Hi all,

I have a Zara interview tomorrow at Stratford westfields. What questions should i expect???

Ahh im kind off worried! as im going to my interview straight after my Economics Unit 3 exams :s-smilie:.

Any tips guys?
Reply 18
Original post by Zhin
No problemo. Good luck guys!

Hey!! I understand from reading this thread you work at Zara!
what interview questions did they ask you during your face to face interview and where??
Reply 19
Original post by Zhin

Do you know roughly how long you would have to wait to get an interview with the store manager after the group interview with inditex?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending