The Student Room Group

Entry Requiremens and Offers

I've applied to Exeter to study A&F, their website states that entry requirements are AAA-AAB. I'm currently predicted AAB, does that mean I am likely to get an offer of AAA? If so then :afraid: I dont really understand how the ranges of entry requirements work, I just assumed your offer was what you are predicted (as long as it meets the ER's)

Thanks for any help!
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by gtcalder
I've applied to Exeter to study A&F, their website states that entry requirements are AAA-AAB. I'm currently predicted AAB, does that mean I am likely to get an offer of AAA? If so then :afraid: I dont really understand how the ranges of entry requirements work, I just assumed your offer was what you are predicted (as long as it meets the ER's)

Thanks for any help!

Your offer will be equivalent to your predicted grades. The entry requirements just mean that generally they'll accept people between AAA-AAB. Obviously they could accept someone lower than AAB if they chose, but they'll never ask for anything above AAA, even if the person may be predicted 3A*s.
Reply 2
Original post by gtcalder

Thanks for any help!

AAA-AAB means they tend to give out either AAA or AAB as a typical offer, if they think one student is a particularly strong candidate they may give them AAB, whereas another one who they think is good enough for an offer but not at the top end may get AAA.

You could get either offer from them, or they could even give you a higher/lower offer if they wanted, those entry requirements are just typical offer grades (i.e. what they will give most offer holders as conditions). The only way to find out what you will get is to apply (remember you have five choices, so it's worth finding out if you really want to go there).

Your offer is not the same as what you were predicted, otherwise how could you ever have an insurance choice?
Reply 3
Original post by _Jazzie
Your offer will be equivalent to your predicted grades. The entry requirements just mean that generally they'll accept people between AAA-AAB. Obviously they could accept someone lower than AAB if they chose, but they'll never ask for anything above AAA, even if the person may be predicted 3A*s.

Incorrect judgement. A university can make either an AAA or an AAB offer if they wish. I was predicted AAB. I applied to Manchester for History, emailed them asking what, if any offer would they give. They replied saying to ensure candidates didn't make them their insurance, 95% of offers would be at the higher AAA range. 4 days after sending my application, an AAA offer arrived.
Reply 4
Original post by srascal8
Incorrect judgement. A university can make either an AAA or an AAB offer if they wish. I was predicted AAB. I applied to Manchester for History, emailed them asking what, if any offer would they give. They replied saying to ensure candidates didn't make them their insurance, 95% of offers would be at the higher AAA range. 4 days after sending my application, an AAA offer arrived.

I stand corrected!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending