The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

Birmingham Conditional Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

I've firmed an unconditional for BA Geography :h:
Applied for Maple Bank, Tennis Court, Ashcroft and one other I can't remember.
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Has anyone attended a Post Applicants visit day? If so, was it any different from the open day?
Reply 42
Biological Science - FIRM.

Tennis Courts
Mason
Elgar Court

^ want to be in Tennis Courts soo bad aha.
Reply 43
Just firmed my unconditional for Economics (L100) so you'll definitely be seeing me in September :smile:
Applied for Tennis courts, Elgar, Mason and Shackleton.
Reply 44
Just firmed Civil and Energy Engineering :smile:
How come you guys are only putting that you applied to three or four accomodation choices? I put down 7...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 46
Original post by NaturalAndReal
How come you guys are only putting that you applied to three or four accomodation choices? I put down 7...

I think 4 was the minimum :smile:
Reply 47
I'm firming for Geography and I've applied to Mason, Tennis Court and Shackleton :smile:
Reply 48
Original post by postman pat
Has anyone attended a Post Applicants visit day? If so, was it any different from the open day?

I went to the maths visit day and there was just talks about the course, some problem solving games with some lecturers, campus and very brief accomodation tours...

Not that much more than what was at the open day tbh

I'm firming for BSc maths (with business) too :smile: is your offer AAB too? And what accom you gone for... I put tennis courts, elgar court and mason all ensuite :smile: hoping for tennis courts tho! :biggrin:
Original post by Phoebe x
I went to the maths visit day and there was just talks about the course, some problem solving games with some lecturers, campus and very brief accomodation tours...

Not that much more than what was at the open day tbh

I'm firming for BSc maths (with business) too :smile: is your offer AAB too? And what accom you gone for... I put tennis courts, elgar court and mason all ensuite :smile: hoping for tennis courts tho! :biggrin:

Yeah I got an offer of AAB for straight Maths too. For accommodation I put down 7 choices, didn't realise people were putting down less. In order:

Maple Bank
Ashcroft
Elgar Courts (En Suite)
Pritchatts house
Tennis Court
Oakley Court

I made my application a while ago so I can't remember my reasoning for the choices but I preferably want to be in the Vale Village. Looks so cosy! :smile:
Reply 50
Yeah I got an offer of AAB for straight Maths too. For accommodation I put down 7 choices, didn't realise people were putting down less. In order:

Maple Bank
Ashcroft
Elgar Courts (En Suite)
Pritchatts house
Tennis Court
Oakley Court

I made my application a while ago so I can't remember my reasoning for the choices but I preferably want to be in the Vale Village. Looks so cosy! :smile:

Ahhhh cool :smile: sounds good, and i put four down and tried my luck, couldnt beliver they let me though haha...
And okay they sound good, and yes definately want to be on the Vale !!

Well probably see you next year (well this october :O) how scary! I will just ask around see if any one is called 'postman pat' okay :P
Ahhhh cool :smile: sounds good, and i put four down and tried my luck, couldnt beliver they let me though haha...
And okay they sound good, and yes definately want to be on the Vale !!

Well probably see you next year (well this october :O) how scary! I will just ask around see if any one is called 'postman pat' okay :P

This October is only 7 months away, seems so close, so excited! :biggrin:
Not sure what kind of first impression that would give off if a stranger came up and asked if you were postman pat :tongue: but I'll keep an eye out as well :smile:
Reply 52
This October is only 7 months away, seems so close, so excited! :biggrin:
Not sure what kind of first impression that would give off if a stranger came up and asked if you were postman pat :tongue: but I'll keep an eye out as well :smile:

Hahahaaa , wow that would make a great first impression :tongue:.. And yes I am excited too !

Btw what A levels do you do at the moment? And what maths modules you done/doing ? :smile:
Hahahaaa , wow that would make a great first impression :tongue:.. And yes I am excited too !

Btw what A levels do you do at the moment? And what maths modules you done/doing ? :smile:

For A Levels I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and General Studies (if it counts)

For my Maths Modules I need to do 12 over 2 years because of Further Maths and I'm doing more than I need to just to be safe:

Compulsory modules: C1, C2, C3, C4, FP1, FP3,

Then my best six from: M1, M2, M3, S1, S2, D1, D2,

What A Level you taking? I assume you're doing maths as well then?

Got an A in C1 and C2, got a C in C3 and need to retake that. Got an A in FP1 and M1. C in M2 and B's in S1, D1, D2 and retaking both decision modules
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 54
For A Levels I'm doing Maths, Further Maths, Economics and General Studies (if it counts)

For my Maths Modules I need to do 12 over 2 years because of Further Maths and I'm doing more than I need to just to be safe:

Compulsory modules: C1, C2, C3, C4, FP1, FP3,

Then my best six from: M1, M2, M3, S1, S2, D1, D2,

What A Level you taking? I assume you're doing maths as well then?

Got an A in C1 and C2, got a C in C3 and need to retake that. Got an A in FP1 and M1. C in M2 and B's in S1, D1, D2 and retaking both decision modules

Ahhh sounds pretty hard like mine, I'm doing maths further maths (12 moules), english language and chemistry

I've done C1 C2 C3 C4 FP1 S1 M1 M2 D1 and D2 , still got S2 and FP2 to go and retaking D2!

Can't wait for all exams to be over now! And in jan I got my A* in maths :biggrin: so happyyyy!! Haha

:smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 55
Firmed Medical Science :smile: now choosing accommodation, though says I need a Student ID to register.... cant find one anywhere in any of my emails or offer letter? I emailed but it came back that the email address was temporarily disabled? Anyone help please? :smile:
Original post by Keeeley
Firmed Medical Science :smile: now choosing accommodation, though says I need a Student ID to register.... cant find one anywhere in any of my emails or offer letter? I emailed but it came back that the email address was temporarily disabled? Anyone help please? :smile:

Mine came in on one of my letters I would double check to make sure you haven't missed ot
Reply 57
Firmed Birmingham to do Bsc Psychology, very excited!
Original post by Keeeley

They hide it in the top right(?) hand corner of a letter (perhaps your offer letter from them), i can't remember exactly. I missed it, and was emailing asking for mine, then found it. Look through the paperwork they've sent you :smile:
Reply 59
Mine came in on one of my letters I would double check to make sure you haven't missed ot

I haven't received an official letter from Birmingham, only one from them after an applicant day saying they were going to offer me, then the decision letter on Track with my offer on it... so I don't really know where else to look! I checked my decision letter on Track and its not on there either....ummm... maybe I could ring them tomorrow? :s-smilie: I'll get it sorted eventually I'm sure :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending