The Student Room Group

Motivational quotes to get me through revision? :)

Does anybody know of any motivational quotes about reaching your goals? I think I'm in need of one to get me through these six upcoming exams!

A xxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::heart:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Would you like fries with that?
"Do, or do not, there is no try" - Yoda, 896 BY - 4 ABY
Reply 3
just think about the best university you could get into, and all the intimate interactions with the opposite sex that will entail.
Reply 4
Hmm not sure if these will help; but they will give you something to think about.

"If you are insecure, guess what? The rest of the world is, too. Do not overestimate the competition and underestimate yourself. You are better than you think."

"If you’re 25 and announce you want to start a new circus, the response is different: Be realistic; become a lawyer or an accountant or a doctor, have babies, and raise them to repeat the cycle."

“Success is the development of power with which to get whatever one wants in life, without interfering with the rights of others.”

“Power is organised energy or effort.”

“Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you success but yourself.”

“Initiative is the pass-key that opens the door to opportunity.”

“People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts ... their “reality” may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?”

“Men will grant favours that you request for the benefit of a third person when they would not grant them if requested for your benefit.”

“Idle hands are the Devil’s best tools.”

“Reputation is not character. Reputation is what people are believed to be; character is what people are.”

“If you receive no pay except that which comes in your pay envelope, you are underdeveloped no matter how much that envelope contains.”

“The defeat that may seem to break your heart today will be but a ripple among the waves of other experiences in the ocean of your life further ahead.”

“The law of Nature is, Do the thing and you shall have the power; but they who do not the thing have not the power.”

Instead of saying to the world, “Show me the colour of your money and I will show you what I can do.” Reverse the rule and say, “Let me show you the colour of my service so that I may take a look at the colour of your money if you like my service.”

“We prefer honeyed words of flattery to those of cold, unbiased truth, wherein lies the weakest spot of the man-animal.”

“Men are still being crucified for the high crime of telling the truth.”

“We court flattery more than we do truth. I know, because I am human.”

“Instead of “quitting” the job because there were obstacles to master and difficulties to overcome, you should have faced the facts and then you would have known that life, itself, is just a long series of mastery of difficulties and obstacles.”
Fail to prepare...prepare to fail.
There is not failure except in no longer trying.
The best way out is always through.
Success is getting what you want, happiness is liking what you get.
Reply 6
tumblr_m0eat3wgkw1r2ny42o10_250.jpg
tumblr_m0eat3wgkw1r2ny42o8_250.jpg
tumblr_m0eat3wgkw1r2ny42o2_250.jpg
Reply 7
Your aspirations are your possibilities.
-Samuel Johnson
The question is: What do you want to achieve? :moon:

- Sovr'gnChancellor£ - :proud:
Reply 10
'Oh you mad cause you didn't get no where
what happened, I'm going platinum like sisqo hair'
Reply 11
"If you don't work, you will fail and have wasted a year of your life" - Me
Reply 12
"Forget past mistakes. Forget failures. Forget everything except what you're going to do now and do it."
-- William Durant

You don’t have to be a fantastic hero to do certain things to compete. You can be just an ordinary chap, sufficiently motivated to reach challenging goals.
Edmund Hillary

You got this.
"It matters not how straight the gate, how charged with punishments the scroll. I am the master of my fate, I am the captain of my soul" - Invictus
Reply 14
In clearing, no-one can hear you scream.
Reply 15
A serious post (well actually my first reason is true!)... here comes a big one! Bruce-Lee-Inspiration.jpg
Sow your seeds now and watch your successes later.
Original post by chasingdreams
Does anybody know of any motivational quotes about reaching your goals? I think I'm in need of one to get me through these six upcoming exams!

A xxxxxxxxxxx
:hugs::heart:

Oxbridge. - from Various TSR peeps

Edit-2-: Lol.. Neg(s) from "Ima-Oxbridge-Reject-And-I-Hate-Them-Cuz-I-Got-Good-Grade-but-dont-get-in" Person(s)..
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 18
'' It always seems impossible, until it's done '' - Nelson Mandela.

One of my favourite quotes.
Reply 19

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending