Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by PureDetermination
Are you doing A-Level or is this GCSE? :s-smilie:

This is for the A2 exam :-)
Reply 21
Original post by 123emily
This is for the A2 exam :-)

For the part a question on the g543 exam i usually start of with; introducing the topic, link back to question, describe the study included in the topic, link back to question and then a conclusion.

For the part b question i do 2 CREECC's and a conclusion. CREECC is also known as Claim, Reason, Evidence, Evaluative Comment, Counter Argument, Conclusion.

I will have some model answers ready in a couple of days using these methods.
Reply 22
I really have no idea how to revise for this exam :-/ any tips anyone???

I have no idea how to set out really good answers either - does anyone have good model answers that they can link me to please?

There's this really great video on youtube about how to answer questions and get the best marks. Since i've started using it my grades have really gone up!
Reply 23
Original post by akindrat18
For the part a question on the g543 exam i usually start of with; introducing the topic, link back to question, describe the study included in the topic, link back to question and then a conclusion.

For the part b question i do 2 CREECC's and a conclusion. CREECC is also known as Claim, Reason, Evidence, Evaluative Comment, Counter Argument, Conclusion.

I will have some model answers ready in a couple of days using these methods.

Oh thanks! :-) that's really helpful :smile: x
Reply 24
Original post by beckaox
There's this really great video on youtube about how to answer questions and get the best marks. Since i've started using it my grades have really gone up!

oooh could you link me to it or something please? :smile: or tell me what you search for in youtube pleeease? :smile: x
Reply 25
oooh could you link me to it or something please? :smile: or tell me what you search for in youtube pleeease? :smile: x

Follow this link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSzlWkI2Juk
Reply 26

thank you! :smile:

I just have one question though: He says to use 2 or 3 studies in question a...is this right, really!?!? I barely have enough time to write one study down! :frown:
Reply 27
Hey everyone :smile:
I'm doing this exams and I'm so worried! There's too much to revise its overwhelming :frown:
I have 8 exams and I don't even know where to begin! I'm doing forensic and health.

I was looking at older posts about this exam and people were saying they didn't revise everything they left out certain topics such as stress or reaching a verdict :s-smilie: But I'm not really sure why, could somebody explain?
I'm not very familiar with the layout of this exam at all...

Any help appreciated
Reply 28
thank you! :smile:

I just have one question though: He says to use 2 or 3 studies in question a...is this right, really!?!? I barely have enough time to write one study down! :frown:

Well, he may give his students extra studies to talk about as any study or studies can be used in the topics or not in the topics if you want to show the examiners that you are using other studies. My teacher gave me another case study for stress at work other than Johansson.

http://www.managingpressure.com/downloads/5_Case_study_call_centre.pdf
Reply 29
Well, he may give his students extra studies to talk about as any study or studies can be used in the topics or not in the topics if you want to show the examiners that you are using other studies. My teacher gave me another case study for stress at work other than Johansson.

http://www.managingpressure.com/downloads/5_Case_study_call_centre.pdf

Oh right, so you can use that study that your teacher gave you even if it's not in the book??
How many studies do you talk about in question a then? Would we get more marks for writing more tha one study down?
Reply 30
Oh right, so you can use that study that your teacher gave you even if it's not in the book??
How many studies do you talk about in question a then? Would we get more marks for writing more tha one study down?

It can be 1 or 2 but i am more likely going to stick with the studies that are in the actual booklets for forensic and health and clinical.

I think that you might get 1 mark or maybe 2 marks if the examiner is nice.
Reply 31
It can be 1 or 2 but i am more likely going to stick with the studies that are in the actual booklets for forensic and health and clinical.

I think that you might get 1 mark or maybe 2 marks if the examiner is nice.

Oh okay :smile: thanks I might just stick with one study then since it takes too much time and probably just the ones in the books just in case
Reply 32
YAY a thread for G543 and thankfully most people are doing crime and health :smile:
Ugh so worried about this exam - Starting revision tomorrow finally!
I don't know how we're expected to learn all of these studies but I am thinking of leaving one topic out for each.

Thankfully I only need 70/100 UMS to get an A over all!
I'm doing Forensic and Health as well :biggrin:

Although, I've decided that this exam is the bane of my life, hmph :K:
Reply 34
I just can't do this! :frown: :frown: Does ANYONE have any good revision tips for learning all 60 studies!?!? I find it ridiculous compared to the 15 last year
Reply 35
For those that did the G544 approaches paper already, how did you prepare for section B? I know that you can memorise the answers to part a,b and c of the question but how did you prepare yourself for the part D and e of the question??

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 36
For those that did the G544 approaches paper already, how did you prepare for section B? I know that you can memorise the answers to part a,b and c of the question but how did you prepare yourself for the part D and e of the question??

Thanks!

With the part d questions i've been told to this to get 8 marks.

Similarity of method with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

Difference of method with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

Similarity of issues with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

Difference of issues with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

With the part e question i've been told to this to get 8 marks.

Talk about the debate or issue with relevance to the approach/perspective. [1]

Give a argument about how the debate or issue is good with relevance to the approach/perspective with examples. [3]

Give a argument about how the debate or issue is bad with releance to the approach/perspective with examples. [3]

Give a conclusion on what you have just talked about. [1]

Hi
Can anyone give me tips on how to write a good essay?
I'm really worried about the exam coming up, due to not being able to write a very good essay, the highest marks so far I've achieved on my essays is a D, which is not so brilliant.
Any tips will help
thanks x
I just can't do this! :frown: :frown: Does ANYONE have any good revision tips for learning all 60 studies!?!? I find it ridiculous compared to the 15 last year

I think this exams is the hardest out of all the psychology exams I've done so far,
I've got A's and B's in all the other exams, but seem to be getting really bad grades on the practise mocks for this upcoming exam, for this exam I think you need to practise doing lots of essays, and how to answer the questions to get the full 10/15 marks, just revising for the studies wont help..:smile: x
Reply 39
With the part d questions i've been told to this to get 8 marks.

Similarity of method with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

Difference of method with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

Similarity of issues with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

Difference of issues with 2 examples from approaches/perspectives. [2]

With the part e question i've been told to this to get 8 marks.

Talk about the debate or issue with relevance to the approach/perspective. [1]

Give a argument about how the debate or issue is good with relevance to the approach/perspective with examples. [3]

Give a argument about how the debate or issue is bad with releance to the approach/perspective with examples. [3]

Give a conclusion on what you have just talked about. [1]

Thanks!! +rep!

what did u get for this paper btw? the G543 one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending