The Student Room Group

Psychology AQA A PSYA3 11th June 2012!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Im guessing most people here did PSYA4 first?

for those that did-how did you revise for it? what was effective for you guys?
Reply 61
Original post by hannnaaaaah
Thanks, but the link isn't working for me. :frown:

Oops, my bad... try this one, I've checked it and this should work :smile:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v1qf06
Reply 62
Bump.
Reply 63
Yawn
Reply 64
I am retaking the exam, we did it in January. The aggression question was about Group Displays of aggression. Do you reckon it is worth revising this section again ? Would it come up again?
Reply 65
Original post by CJ 24K
Oops, my bad... try this one, I've checked it and this should work :smile:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/v1qf06

Sooo much help! Thanks :smile:
Reply 66
Everybodies gone a bit quiet!

Does anyone know whether the question for biological rhythms regarding research into the role on endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers into the control on circadian rhythms has ever come up?

Or does anyone have a list of what HAS come up!?

Thanks so much!
Reply 67
I'm doing, Biological Rhythms and Sleep, Aggression and Eating Behaviour :smile:
Reply 68
Original post by hhh123
Everybodies gone a bit quiet!

Does anyone know whether the question for biological rhythms regarding research into the role on endogenous pacemakers and exogenous zeitgebers into the control on circadian rhythms has ever come up?

Or does anyone have a list of what HAS come up!?

Thanks so much!

Check the AQA website for the past papers :smile:
Reply 69
Original post by Mephestic
Sleep questions were outline narcolepsy (4 marks) and outline & evaluate evolutionary explanations of sleep (8/12)

Aggression questions were:

Outline institutional aggression explanations (4 marks)

The other one was on Group displays of aggression as an EVOLUTIONARY response which had the bulk of the marks.

I think there may have been one more for aggression - not sure...

Check psychexchange for further info - it may be on there.

I did this paper for my mock and it was horrible!
Reply 70
Original post by :)J
Is anyone doing aggression? - if yes, what are the IDA's (Issues, Debates and Approaches) for the importation model (dispositional factors) and the Deprivational model (situational factots) regarding institutional aggression?!

You have nature vs. nurture - importation suggests nature is to blame for institutional aggression, whereas the dispositional model suggests it is down to nurture: the prison environment.

I suppose an issue with the models is that they both are trying to explain behaviour in an environment which is very artificial - a prison/institution is not an everyday environment and therefore behaviour in these places may be sbject to lots of variables. Therefore, low ecological validity.

The importation model proposed by Irwin & Cressey states there are 3 subcultures of criminal: the criminal subculture, the convict subculture and the straight subculture. The criminal subculture states that people are born criminals and is therefore deterministic. The convict subculture states individuals are raised in the prison system and know no different - strong effects the environment can have on behaviour - evidence for nurture.

Finally, both models reduce behaviour down to a simple explanation of either individual characteristics, or the prison environment. This therefore makes them reductionist.
Original post by YB101
I am retaking the exam, we did it in January. The aggression question was about Group Displays of aggression. Do you reckon it is worth revising this section again ? Would it come up again?

I would revise it in less detail you never know !
Reply 72
Hey. The topics I'm doing are Gender, Relationships and Eating Disorders.

Anyone got any guesses for what the Gender essay/s might be?
has everyone checked the spec? there's been a few changes you may not be aware of, i've waited since results came out for my teacher to mention them she still hasn't -__-
Reply 74
^ :redface: what changes??
Original post by youngzwavey
has everyone checked the spec? there's been a few changes you may not be aware of, i've waited since results came out for my teacher to mention them she still hasn't -__-

can u tell me whats changed in gender, aggression, relationships?
Original post by y.yousef
can u tell me whats changed in gender, aggression, relationships?

Untitled.jpg

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2180-W-SP-12-SOC.PDF

original url with the full AS and A2 changes and a picture with the ones you needed

*EDIT* the left side is the bit that applies to you as a student, the far right column is for teachers to adjust how they teach to incorporate the changes
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by youngzwavey
Untitled.jpg

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/gce/pdf/AQA-2180-W-SP-12-SOC.PDF

original url with the full AS and A2 changes and a picture with the ones you needed

*EDIT* the left side is the bit that applies to you as a student, the far right column is for teachers to adjust how they teach to incorporate the changes

Thankyou :smile:

Can I just ask one more thing as well.
When I write, i tend to write really really slowly, which just wastes all my time. :redface:
I take like 15mins per paragraph...wat can i do to speed up my writing i guess. :s-smilie:
Reply 78
Original post by y.yousef
Thankyou :smile:

Can I just ask one more thing as well.
When I write, i tend to write really really slowly, which just wastes all my time. :redface:
I take like 15mins per paragraph...wat can i do to speed up my writing i guess. :s-smilie:

The only thing you can do is write a lot faster. Scribble.. Doesn't matter about hand writing! I have found that learning essays of by heart helps so that as soon as my hand meets paper bobs your uncle.
Original post by hhh123
The only thing you can do is write a lot faster. Scribble.. Doesn't matter about hand writing! I have found that learning essays of by heart helps so that as soon as my hand meets paper bobs your uncle.

Very true.But scribble..i find it difficult my brain works really slowly..and it takes me time to select the correct words and put it down..and put it in a sturcutural way..(its just how i roll)...but i guess i need to keep practicing?

how many pages can you writie in 30 mins?

Quick Reply

Latest