The Student Room Group

Why do girls like taller guys?

Hey guys;

Well, I was just wondering, but, why is it girl like taller guys? Typically, every girl I meet wants someone who is about 6ft. They say they don't quite know why, they just do.

Why?

Scroll to see replies

We are superior
Reply 2
Tall guy = big feet = big...

Spoiler

I think generally it subconsciously makes girls feel 'safe' and 'protected' to be with someone taller/bigger than them.
Reply 4
cos they're fittttieesss
Reply 5
Original post by amyshamblesxx
I think generally it subconsciously makes girls feel 'safe' and 'protected' to be with someone taller/bigger than them.

It also makes girls feel feminine and petite and small.

I just can't help thinking though, are the feeding their own insecurities?
In the wise words of Phoebe Buffay:

"Ninety percent of a woman's pheromones come out of the top of her head!"
Raw animalistic nature...big guy=healthy guy=better mate...
Reply 8
Original post by amyshamblesxx

Protected from what? Ze Germans?
It makes kissing when standing up feel a lot nicer.

EDIT: *This applies with someone who is taller than you, but not hugely taller than you where it just gets uncomfortable.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 10
Typically yes. I don't understand it myself. Especially as an average height male is tall to me thereby, okay.
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
It makes kissing when standing up feel a lot nicer.

EDIT: *This applies with someone who is taller than you, but not hugely taller than you where it just gets uncomfortable.

If he's hugely tall, you'd be kissing his head still. If you know what I mean.
Me being only 5'3 the idea of going out with someone who is shorter than me does scare me a little, and people could genuinely mistake us for some dwarf circus act! :frown:
Reply 13
Ok (girls) - so if you had to choose between a guy that was say 2 inches shorter than you but that you really liked or a guy that was 5 inches taller but you didn't get on as well with, which would you choose, honestly?
Not all girls do, I think its more of just a comfortable secure feeling, he is there to protect you.
Reply 15
Original post by Mexican Red Knee
Not all girls do, I think its more of just a comfortable secure feeling, he is there to protect you.

Being 5'2", people think that I can't protect people with me. A girl who declined me for my height watched in horror as I knocked her 6 ft something boyfriend down.

I can tolerate people making fun out of my height.
I can tolerate people using me as an armrest.
I can't tolerate anyone testing my masculinity, and I will not use force until I have to.
Original post by ct2k7
Being 5'2", people think that I can't protect people with me. A girl who declined me for my height watched in horror as I knocked her 6 ft something boyfriend down.

I can tolerate people making fun out of my height.
I can tolerate people using me as an armrest.
I can't tolerate anyone testing my masculinity, and I will not use force until I have to.

Why use violence? Not really good way to impress a woman is it?

Height is meaningless really, unless you're a dwarf.

You are of course under average height but there is worse things to worry about in life.
Reply 17
Why use violence? Not really good way to impress a woman is it?

Height is meaningless really, unless you're a dwarf.

You are of course under average height but there is worse things to worry about in life.

Don't want to impress her - I have no business with someone who discriminates me using my height.

As I said, I will tolerate things, but there is a certain point. I will not tolerate being tested to such a low level and being called out as being incapable or doing things and being called something that's not a man.

What do you do when you are threatened, hide from it, or fight it? I will not hide from it. People don't dictate me.
Original post by ct2k7
Don't want to impress her - I have no business with someone who discriminates me using my height.

As I said, I will tolerate things, but there is a certain point. I will not tolerate being tested to such a low level and being called out as being incapable or doing things and being called something that's not a man.

What do you do when you are threatened, hide from it, or fight it? I will not hide from it. People don't dictate me.

You walk away and be the bigger man not go on like a thug.

You are the one who is letting it bother you... that is silly.
Reply 19
You walk away and be the bigger man not go on like a thug.

You are the one who is letting it bother you... that is silly.

It's hard to walk away. I take it you haven't had someone challenge you at such a level before then? I fail to see how standing your ground is akin to acting like a thug. It's the art of defense, not offense.

"Look, he's walking away. What a pussy", that's all it took. I have no obligation to take the moral high ground - especially when he tried to trip me up. I've already fallen to a larger person before and beaten up. I therefore have the right to assume that he continue using force to which the result will be bodily harm on my side. I had a right to be there, and legally, I have to duty to retreat.

Yes, I could have picked myself up and walked out, but where would this anger go. I don't do anything until I'm provoked.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending