The Student Room Group

What is one thing that should be eradicated from this world?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wolfram Alpha
If nuclear weapons were eradicated North Korea would not be able to develop nuclear weapons nor would Russia appear to be so dangerous.

The thing is every country is too scared to disarm if we disarm we open ourselves up to an attack from Russia same as the USA if they disarm they open themselves up to attack from North Korea basically the whole world would have to disarm at the same time and that won't happen.

Nuclear capability is needed for those reasons it does help keep the peace but through fear and distrust not in a good way.
Why do people get the idea that nuclear weapons are just an automatic win button from? They can currently be shot down, especially the type North Korea is likely to wield, and that technology is constantly improving.

If people insist on keeping nukes, couldn't the "civilised" world just put them all under the control of the security council. There is no way a rouge nation could wipe out enough members to prevent a majority vote to retaliate, so there would still be the concept of M.A.D but with less worry of a country using them offensively.
This thread.
Original post by oShahpo
The world would be boring without all the arguments between atheists and religious people, so I am glad we do disagree.

Tbh,there are too many arguments between atheists and theists,so much that arguments are now boring because every debate is the same and same points always brought up.
your sister's virginity
...by me
Original post by Dheorl
Why do people get the idea that nuclear weapons are just an automatic win button from? They can currently be shot down, especially the type North Korea is likely to wield, and that technology is constantly improving.

If people insist on keeping nukes, couldn't the "civilised" world just put them all under the control of the security council. There is no way a rouge nation could wipe out enough members to prevent a majority vote to retaliate, so there would still be the concept of M.A.D but with less worry of a country using them offensively.

Rouge nations do not even have effective rockets and any significant number of bombs, so they are out of the question. The point is, that Russia is weaker than it's potential enemies (USA, NATO, China, soon India), and their defensive doctrine says that they will use nuclear weapons in self defence, so they won't let it go for this reason. Another thing is, that Russian people can stand poverty, but they wouldn't stand their country not being powerfull, so they need this nuclear weapons also for their comfort.
Original post by PTMalewski
Rouge nations do not even have effective rockets and any significant number of bombs, so they are out of the question. The point is, that Russia is weaker than it's potential enemies (USA, NATO, China, soon India), and their defensive doctrine says that they will use nuclear weapons in self defence, so they won't let it go for this reason. Another thing is, that Russian people can stand poverty, but they wouldn't stand their country not being powerfull, so they need this nuclear weapons also for their comfort.

With regards to rouge nations I was thinking more looking towards the future. A lot of people argue "but what if North Korea got nukes".

I know Russia would be hugely reluctant to give them up, they do have the biggest after all :wink: but I meant in an ideal world if people didn't want to have no defensive nukes but didn't like the thought of other countries having offensive nukes, then putting them in the hands of the security council would to me be a reasonable more.

Then what instead?

Btw. true capitalism is inexistant in modern world.

Original post by Dheorl
With regards to rouge nations I was thinking more looking towards the future. A lot of people argue "but what if North Korea got nukes".

I know Russia would be hugely reluctant to give them up, they do have the biggest after all :wink: but I meant in an ideal world if people didn't want to have no defensive nukes but didn't like the thought of other countries having offensive nukes, then putting them in the hands of the security council would to me be a reasonable more.

I think we would as well, change law of physics.
Introducing any solution that is against human nature or against theory of organization, will fail.

Soviet Block and EU are good examples of this.

I don't mean that Soviet Block and EU are same as bad, no!
But both share solutions that effected in waste of money, stealing, and lack of proper debate.
snakes
Me!! Me!! Me!! xd

Otherwise it's a perfect world~

Edgy

My choice, I would eradicate Influenza.
My virginity
Islam, although perhaps a more widespread eradication of all kinds of traditionalist ultra-conservativism would be better.
People moaning about the damn EU referendum!
Its doing my head in (i voted remain btw)
Please no more comments about it!!!!
Liberals
comedyshortsgamer
EU dictatorship, their undemocratic laws and their lack of care for all of the citizens of Europe
(edited 7 years ago)
Humans.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending