The Student Room Group

Tattoo Appreciation Soc. Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Delta_Aitch
Haha, hi mate...
I'm sorry but I am an absolute fraud and I only picked this flag because it looked pretty :emo:

Still friends? :puppyeyes:

AHAHA awww
yes the flag is quite original. My favourites are the South Korean and Macedonian.
Original post by RachelWest
Lines can be a bitch! I did a four and a half hours session for those lines and it was hard. I've also done 4 hours colour on another tattoo and it was suprisingly tame in comparison.

Yeah! I was so worried about him filling in my tat, but it was the outline which killed. It was literally just the needle dragging through my skin and my only relief was when he had to refill the needle thing!

While that bit did hurt the most, it really only hurt for certain bits of my tattoo. I got mine at the base of my neck, but it goes up a bit onto my actual neck ..where he hit my neck hurt the absolute most :cry:

I soldiered through, though :smug:
Original post by YannTouchable
AHAHA awww
yes the flag is quite original. My favourites are the South Korean and Macedonian.

I am a part of the African Society thread on TSR, though. You should come and scope it out because there are people in that thread who are genuinely of African decent :colondollar:
Reply 23
Original post by Indian_Princess
imagine how that's gonna look when ur 80 :L

Oh god, I hate this argument. Imagine how the rest of you will look when you're 80... I think a tattoo will be the least of your problems. Besides, who goes round with their back bared when they get old?
Yeah! I was so worried about him filling in my tat, but it was the outline which killed. It was literally just the needle dragging through my skin and my only relief was when he had to refill the needle thing!

While that bit did hurt the most, it really only hurt for certain bits of my tattoo. I got mine at the base of my neck, but it goes up a bit onto my actual neck ..where he hit my neck hurt the absolute most :cry:

I soldiered through, though :smug:

hahah well done!

Suprisingly I found my fatty bits the worst (hip/side), I would've thought the leaner/bone areas would have been sore but they weren't at all.
hahah well done!

Suprisingly I found my fatty bits the worst (hip/side), I would've thought the leaner/bone areas would have been sore but they weren't at all.

I can't really voice an opinion on this as I've not had one done there, but I'm hoping to do my next tattoo either on my side (but more on my back) or on my inner upper arm.

I'll keep you posted (in like 5 years time) :colone:
Scared of getting a tattoo because I don't want something that I won't find relevant in a few years...
The permanence *cringe*

IMO tats are like converse, they look awesome on others =]
I can't really voice an opinion on this as I've not had one done there, but I'm hoping to do my next tattoo either on my side (but more on my back) or on my inner upper arm.

I'll keep you posted (in like 5 years time) :colone:

I think I'm done once I've completed my backpiece... two is enough for me. Although they are insanely addictive.

My second one, but I've lost the image of my first...

Edit: Why am I being negged for a picture of my tattoo in a thread on tattoos? If you don't like it, please tell me why...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 29
Original post by susan23
If I have a tattoo , I would so get that rachel brice tattoo :

Do you know what those flowers are called? I can't find any information about it anywhere! :emo:
Reply 30
Original post by T-go
Do you know what those flowers are called? I can't find any information about it anywhere! :emo:

no ideaa sorry! they look like japanese flowers to me...dont know :colondollar:
I've only got bad-angle phone pics of mine but I'll share anyway...

It's a full Japanese sleeve; 2 Koi fish, 3 Lotus flowers, Cherry Blossoms and waves..

The Kanji I had done a few months before (cliche first tattoo) by a crap 'artist', but I had it re-done to fit in with the sleeve. It's supposed to say 'Gemini' but may well say 'Chicken Special With Rice' for all I know lol...

Anyway this is finished now after 18.5 hours, just a 1 hour touchup session in a couple weeks when I'll get proper photos taken:

Inner forearm, 16.5 hours:

Koi, 16.5 hours:

Inner arm after 18.5:

I've got all the progress pics but they suck lol..

It was done by Matt Hunt who owns Modern Body Art in Birmingham.. Touchup session at the start of July then 2 weeks later I'm starting my other arm with another artist from that studio, Rachel McCarthy. I'm having an inner forearm piece very similar to this that she did recently:

Just to address the 'regret it when you're 80' issue....

I went to the cemetery today for my grandad that died at Christmas, aged 80, from lung cancer. Then to the care home to visit my nan, also 80, who has Alzeimers.

Wrinkly tattoos are the very, very last thing I'm worried about in later life. Trust me.
Reply 32
mines attached
I'm hopefully getting one soon :smile:
I love my tattoo, and I love seeing other peoples tattoos.
If you love your tattoo post a photo :smile:

I'll start:
1st tattoo

It's colour, but for some reason i only have this photo to hand and it doesnt show alot of it.

It's not finished and needs some touch ups... but it'll get there.

Edit: Photo quality has been destroyed...

your tattoos are seriously beautiful, don't want to post mine cos compared to yours they look rubbish! :tongue:

I have a vine design (incomplete, will be complete by the end of summer) on my stomach and a lucky clover/unlucky clover on my back. I also have a list of other ones I want, probably the next on the list will be done by the end of summer though it's a fairly simple design I just need a really really really amazing font.
Lines can be a bitch! I did a four and a half hours session for those lines and it was hard. I've also done 4 hours colour on another tattoo and it was suprisingly tame in comparison.

Also, I guess everyone must be different because the lines on my stomach and back were not bad at all whereas the colouring on my back was worse that both put together!
i would take a picture of mine but im currently wearing tights :/
i have paw prints along my foot and a swallow on my ankle..

i would LOVE to have a tattoo down my spine, but i can imagine how the vibration off the bone is gonna freak me out :frown:
im planning to get a kanji 'wisdom' tattoo on my ankle and a treble clef on my thumb.
Original post by tomatoslayer
im planning to get a kanji 'wisdom' tattoo on my ankle and a treble clef on my thumb.

Your sig :rofl: Hahaha
Reply 39

1st tattoo

I love tattoos with birds! This one is beautiful. I never thought I'd get a tattoo and I certainly won't get one this big but I love this one! It has inspired me :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending