The Student Room Group

The capture and death of Col Gaddafi

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aphotic Cosmos
We aren't. The Libyan people are telling their leaders how it should be run. We helped them achieve that goal, nothing more.

I wonder if we'd be "welcoming" to Libyan troops who came onto our soil at the request of rebel/dissenting forces, to realise their political goals against the government...or is that a paternalistic justice reserved only for banana republics of a certain type? No support for Gaddafi from me, but imperialism by any other name is just that...
Reply 81
Original post by thunder_chunky
Send him to Judge Judy.

That's a bit harsh...
Reply 82
Reply 83
Everything is happening this year.
Witnessing history being made and I'm lying in my bed on TSR.
Sweet.
Original post by qasidb
That's a bit harsh...

You're probably right, she'd probably just verbally abuse him.
Original post by defuzion

Yes, it was a good 5-0 win for Chelsea last night.
Reply 86
Original post by X_mark_the_spot
I wonder if we'd be "welcoming" to Libyan troops who came onto our soil at the request of rebel/dissenting forces, to realise their political goals against the government...or is that a paternalistic justice reserved only for banana republics of a certain type? No support for Gaddafi from me, but imperialism by any other name is just that...

No troops went on Libyan soil. It was one of the major parts of the UN resolution that there would be no occupation. Also if the UK government started butchering protesters I would hope other nations would intervene
Reply 87
It's weird how I know he was an evil man and yet I was really disturbed by the video of him being carried through the street and that really graphic clip of his face. I was torn between thinking 'how can you treat a dead body like that' and thinking 'hello it's gaddafi!'
No need to allegedly piss about with the body/any body like that. It's disgraceful and doesn't reflect well on those animals that are alleged to have done this.

Yes, Gaddafi was no angel but there's no need to treat a deceased person/body like that.
Gaddafi dead. Next stop Mugabe, Oh wait there isn't any oil in Zimbabwe oh dear.
Reply 90
Congratulation Libya.But it would be much happier if Gaddafi was captured alive and brought to the ICC so he had a chance to face justice,to face international community and to face "his people".The death will rise skeptics and make opportunities for negative political critics although it will not influence the fact about his crimes.The hardest part for Libyans still ahead.The world can only judge if Libya revolt was a success,or a failure by what the country become the next 10 years.But now,at least, people have a chance...
He was shot in both legs and one arm.

He was Tripoli injured.
Reply 92
Photo looks relatively legit.
Reply 93
Original post by white_haired_wizard
No need to allegedly piss about with the body/any body like that. It's disgraceful and doesn't reflect well on those animals that are alleged to have done this.

Yes, Gaddafi was no angel but there's no need to treat a deceased person/body like that.

I'd say killing 40,000 people to try and stay in power gets you little respect...most of these people probably lost family and friends and since I doubt you have ever done so in a rebellion you can just keep quiet.

:rolleyes:
Reply 94
Original post by Silver Arrow
Gaddafi dead. Next stop Mugabe, Oh wait there isn't any oil in Zimbabwe oh dear.

No easy to support rebellion either
Original post by chrislpp
I'd say killing 40,000 people to try and stay in power gets you little respect...most of these people probably lost family and friends and since I doubt you have ever done so in a rebellion you can just keep quiet.

:rolleyes:

keep your hair on, love.
Speaking as a Libyan and having lost a relative due to his forces and regime of terror I am absolutely ecstatic. I know it is unethical but I don't care how he died - just that he is dead. That said I hope that it is proven that he died of his gun shot wounds attained during his capture rather than someone shooting him after he had been caught.
All in all, I really hope this is the beginning of a new,free and democratic Libya.
Yes I know- I'm an optimist.
Reply 97
Good job people of Libya!
Original post by Aj12
No easy to support rebellion either

That's because te people there havent been supplied with weapons by the West. Where do you think poor Libyans got all their AKs, RPGs, and Anti Air weaponry from? They certainly didnt make them.
just heard this news. Hopefully this is the end of the turmoil in Libya and they are able to continue government as a democracy after what has happened for so many years after the Gaddafi regime.

Quick Reply

Latest