The Student Room Group

Buying shares in a company

I have a finance project, we basically need to invest a hypothetical £1000000 in shares. What would be specific reasons for picking certain shares? What sort of shares could be best, any companies? The companies must be from the london stock market..
Any help is appreciated! Thanks :smile:
I just brought shares in greggs :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Shrubs
I have a finance project, we basically need to invest a hypothetical £1000000 in shares. What would be specific reasons for picking certain shares? What sort of shares could be best, any companies? The companies must be from the london stock market..
Any help is appreciated! Thanks :smile:

Andor Technology :biggrin: its a northern irish firm selling special lenses less than 2 years ago they were selling shares at £1.80 each now they sell for nearly £6 due to loads of investment from invest NI and creating more than 100 jobs too recently and a load of other things i never pay huge attention. my dad used to work there when it was really small and bought a loada shares and sold quite a few when they were at like £1.60ish to do up the front room and then they shot up after that and have been growing in value since
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Bobsyourteapots
I just brought shares in greggs :biggrin:

I bet you regret that now lol! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending