The Student Room Group

How excited do you get with getting the Uni Place you wanted?

This probably sounds like a stupid question to be fair it is, but last night i got a conditional offer from Winchester Uni to study Drama, which is where i want to go so I am buzzing! My question is, I can't remember to many of my friends that went off the Uni last year getting to excited when they got there offers. So is it normal haha?

p.s. my first post, hello student room. :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Joe_Romero
This probably sounds like a stupid question to be fair it is, but last night i got a conditional offer from Winchester Uni to study Drama, which is where i want to go so I am buzzing! My question is, I can't remember to many of my friends that went off the Uni last year getting to excited when they got there offers. So is it normal haha?

p.s. my first post, hello student room. :smile:

Oh I am certainly very very very excited about my offer; it will be so great to be finally doing what I want to do in a place I want to do it! :smile: Congrats on your offer!
Reply 2
Welcome to TSR. Yeah it's perfectly normal, I was completely over the moon when I got my offer from the place I really wanted to go to this year.
It's perfectly normal to be excitied. Enjoy it! :smile:
Reply 4
i started crying when i got an offer for Medicine at UCL ahaaa so yeah I'm pretty excited
Reply 5
Original post by logiadoevus
Oh I am certainly very very very excited about my offer; it will be so great to be finally doing what I want to do in a place I want to do it! :smile: Congrats on your offer!

I love that bit in your sig.

"WHO CARES I HAVE AN OFFER FROM OXFORD!!!" Haha :biggrin: I bet you must feel absolutely amazing having an unconditional - you can just relax for this year!
Reply 6
I was in hysterics. Started crying, then accused my teacher of playing some sort of cruel joke on me (as she found out before I did), then ran around the school screaming "I GOT AN OFFER FROM CAMBRIDGE!"

:smile:
Reply 7
Got two unconditionals, both where I wanted to study most. I'm still feeling the effects of it hahaha! I rang every one I knew.
Reply 8
Has it already been a year :frown:
I got an offer for Law from Bristol earlier in the week, and a reduced offer (AAB) at that. I was convinced it was fake, so I copy and pasted it to my friend over Facebook so she could tell me that it said what I thought it said. Then I thought I was genuinely going to pass out - my heart was pounding and I was shaking. This lasted about 10 minutes. Then I rang my mum and she nearly deafened me through the phone by screaming. It was a good day x)
Reply 10
Oh I was proper excited! Its well annoying cause the track emails dont tell you what has changed they just tell you something has...and its like eeeeek tension tension tension then RESULT! (wow you can seee how excited i get) but yeahhh its a good feeeling! To the Future.whoop whoop x
I sniffed, then made a cup of tea. Drank said tea with a sense of deserved accomplishment.
Reply 12
I was ecstatic and then even more so when I got the place. And the uni and the course are as good, if not better, than I thought. Happy Days. :smile:
I opened the letter in lunch break at work because I didn't want to open it at home, as everyone would be hovering to see my reaction... I was a very cheerful shop assistant that day! For two weeks after, if I needed a buzz, I'd just imagine it all again and oooh I was so excited :biggrin: I think the excitement dies down a little by the time september/october comes round as it starts making people realised they'll be living away, leaving home, they start getting nervous as well as excited. But it's hard to sustain such a high level of happiness for so long, when you get used to the idea of having the offer
Well...

I scream at my computer and frantically click and use the mouse when I see the 'Something has changed on your UCAS application...' e-mail, then the dum,Dum,DUM song plays in my head.

I then log into Track and see conditional offers. I'd smile to myself and read the conditional letter. Then spread the news to my friends and possibly rub it in their face since I've lost all of my civilized senses due to the fact that I am intoxicated with happiness when a good Uni offers me a place.

Then I return to my daily life schedules.
Reply 15
I had a w@nk whilst staring at my offer- Best w@nk ever
Reply 16
Has anyone ever applied late to ucas?
I mean 4 days ago late not December
Reply 17
Original post by aimlessinwonder
I got an offer for Law from Bristol earlier in the week, and a reduced offer (AAB) at that. I was convinced it was fake, so I copy and pasted it to my friend over Facebook so she could tell me that it said what I thought it said. Then I thought I was genuinely going to pass out - my heart was pounding and I was shaking. This lasted about 10 minutes. Then I rang my mum and she nearly deafened me through the phone by screaming. It was a good day x)

Do you know why you had the offer grades reduced?
Original post by WIC
Do you know why you had the offer grades reduced?

Absolutely no clue, but i'm very thankful for it :smile:
Original post by saggy8
I had a w@nk whilst staring at my offer- Best w@nk ever

Original post by The_master616
I sniffed, then made a cup of tea. Drank said tea with a sense of deserved accomplishment.

Both your response gave me a good laugh before I head out to work for the day, thanks. :laugh:

Quick Reply

Latest