The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alofleicester
aaah, but he cheated and moved it forward 5 yards - wouldn't have happened if the ref had paid attention. :mad:

I don't recall :tongue:
Never mind, there was always the second leg to get it back.. oh wait :biggrin:

:u:
Original post by roseroserose.
I don't recall :tongue:
Never mind, there was always the second leg to get it back.. oh wait :biggrin:

:u:

Kermorgant was decent. :yep:

edit: Oh and we did get it back - if it weren't for the FA not including away goals - we'd have won.

Damn these straws feel nice.
(edited 12 years ago)
Up the football league we go :biggrin:
wemberleyyyy

Where you sitting?
Best moment ever almost a year ago for me when Obafemi Martins scored that screamer against the gooners.
Original post by original_username
Where you sitting?
Best moment ever almost a year ago for me when Obafemi Martins scored that screamer against the gooners.

I don't know. I've been 3 times, lost twice on the same side of the stadium :rolleyes: so hopefully the other end!
Ahh, a Birmingham fan?
is mine :smile:

Damn these straws feel nice.

:lol: playoffs this season dyou reckon?
Reply 6785
I can see into the future...

Spoiler

:lol: playoffs this season dyou reckon?

nah. Far too inconsistent.

Don't think we've won back to back league games in about a year now (since the 2-0 defeat v youse lot last Feb), and we really need to hit a sustained run of form to get ourselves in there.

Still, at least Florist and Cov are dooooooooooooomed.
Original post by DJB_1990
I can see into the future...

Spoiler

Look at the top 3 of League 1 though, they all went down and look like coming back up pretty quickly
nah. Far too inconsistent.

Don't think we've won back to back league games in about a year now (since the 2-0 defeat v youse lot last Feb), and we really need to hit a sustained run of form to get ourselves in there.

Still, at least Florist and Cov are dooooooooooooomed.

fair do's.

I used to go out with a Forest fan, we bonded over getting done over by Blackpool :rolleyes: although i hated forest cos they kept trying to buy all our players.
i didn't realise they were so low in the league! mad that that's happened in 2 seasons :confused:
I don't know. I've been 3 times, lost twice on the same side of the stadium :rolleyes: so hopefully the other end!
Ahh, a Birmingham fan?
is mine :smile:

Been 1 won 1 at Wembley, 100% record :tongue:
Same can't be said for Millennium Stadium though, only a 50% win record there.

Yeah, looks like it's going to be a very interesting end to the season coming up. I think we need to get some emergency loans in to keep our push for automatic going. If not we're screwed, and if it comes to play offs we'd have played a lot of games!
Been 1 won 1 at Wembley, 100% record :tongue:
Same can't be said for Millennium Stadium though, only a 50% win record there.

Yeah, looks like it's going to be a very interesting end to the season coming up. I think we need to get some emergency loans in to keep our push for automatic going. If not we're screwed, and if it comes to play offs we'd have played a lot of games!

I know, where did you lot come from !? Although the guy on SSN said it wasn't a great game to watch tonight?

Same with us I think. We got Harris from Newcastle but defensively I'm not convinced. We were never the same after someone nicked RJ off us :rolleyes:
I know, where did you lot come from !? Although the guy on SSN said it wasn't a great game to watch tonight?

Same with us I think. We got Harris from Newcastle but defensively I'm not convinced. We were never the same after someone nicked RJ off us :rolleyes:

It was all them games in hand we had, people didn't realise we were still contenders when they'd glance at the table and see us in the middle of it. And I think the media is gutted we haven't gone the way of pompey so they don't mention us much. :tongue:

Other way round for us, we need to replace Beausjor on the left wing if Hughton isn't going to start Redmond and get in another striker to replace Wood. Very bare up to with Big Zig out and Rooney is useless.

RJ is rubbish mate. And a complete tosser of a bloke if stories are to be believed.
It was all them games in hand we had, people didn't realise we were still contenders when they'd glance at the table and see us in the middle of it. And I think the media is gutted we haven't gone the way of pompey so they don't mention us much. :tongue:

Other way round for us, we need to replace Beausjor on the left wing if Hughton isn't going to start Redmond and get in another striker to replace Wood. Very bare up to with Big Zig out and Rooney is useless.

RJ is rubbish mate. And a complete tosser of a bloke if stories are to be believed.

Ahh I see. still done well out of them, normally games at hand everyone looks at them like "POTENTIALLY we could get this many", but with fixtures clogging up it rarely happens, so congrats :tongue:

Yeah your striker scares me. We're not a tall team :redface:

He was good for us tbf, was really surprised he deteriorated. And it feels like every tosser has walked through Cardiff, I'm delighted to be rid of Bothroyd. Do you still have Jerome? He's another one
Reply 6793
Look at the top 3 of League 1 though, they all went down and look like coming back up pretty quickly

They all have a decent fanbase which allow for relatively high budgets. I doubt we would bounce back unless we got lucky, we're cost cutting already and our crowds would fall to 6000 upon relegation.

Anyway I would take midtable in ANY league, just to see us win some games and score actual goals. We've had bottom of the table form for over a year now and watching us get stuffed every week isn't too fun.

Todays defeat has made survival now a very difficult task. I don't think we have a chance unless Portsmouth get some heavy punishment in the coming weeks.
Ahh I see. still done well out of them, normally games at hand everyone looks at them like "POTENTIALLY we could get this many", but with fixtures clogging up it rarely happens, so congrats :tongue:

Yeah your striker scares me. We're not a tall team :redface:

He was good for us tbf, was really surprised he deteriorated. And it feels like every tosser has walked through Cardiff, I'm delighted to be rid of Bothroyd. Do you still have Jerome? He's another one

No Jeromes at Stoke now. He is somehow a Premier League striker too good for the Championship. He had that one good season for you lot thanks to Jason Koumas, then we bought him and ruined him in terms of being a goal scorer. Can't stand him either, could count the number of times he smiled while at blues on 1 hand and he was here for about 6 years.

Thanks for Chris Burke though, what a player! :tongue:
No Jeromes at Stoke now. He is somehow a Premier League striker too good for the Championship. He had that one good season for you lot thanks to Jason Koumas, then we bought him and ruined him in terms of being a goal scorer. Can't stand him either, could count the number of times he smiled while at blues on 1 hand and he was here for about 6 years.

Thanks for Chris Burke though, what a player! :tongue:

He's such a ****. Thought he was bigger than then club. Ergh. :mad: I'm kind of annoyed he's earning premiership type wages, he doesn't deserve it.

I liked Burke, but he supposedly asked for 25 grand wages :dontknow: not quite sure what he expected. in our last season he hardly played anyway. moved on now, we just replaced him with more Scottish players :biggrin:
Exeter 2 Owls 1

Blades 3 Wycombe 0

and

Huddersfield 0 Blades 1

Owls 0 Stevenage 1

Doesn't get much better than that! :biggrin:
Original post by sr90
Pompey in admin again :rolleyes:

I really do fear for them this time. There isn't a chance in hell that another CVA will be agreed when the last one was ignored.

As much as I feel sorry for them, they'd be better off just going under and reforming as AFC Portsmouth or something like that. They last couple of regimes left them so high up and dry they could well be having problems like this for a good 5 more years or so.
Lee Clark's sacking at Huddersfield- a shock and cannot see why.
Original post by barnetlad
Lee Clark's sacking at Huddersfield- a shock and cannot see why.

I've heard it was because he was talking to Leeds, but that just makes it more confusing to me. Surely if he went to Leeds they would've got a nice compensation payout? And now they'll just have to pay Lee Clark compensation instead, no?

Certainly a strange one.

Latest