The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham General Chat: The rest got ate

Scroll to see replies

Referring to the emails, there was also some sexual assault that happened at hild bede, that we got an email about...can't find the email in question but the girl went to A&E then home :/ sounded horrific.
Oh have found the email:
"Dear Colleagues,
Some of you may be aware there has been a reported assault on a female student that took place in the early hours of Sunday [11/3] at Hild Bede. The girl in question was treated in A&E and has returned home with parents. Such an incident is very rare in the University. The biggest security flaw, however, comes from doors and windows being left open or people being let into the building who have no right to be there......etc"

Keep safe, guys.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by isawsparks89
Referring to the emails, there was also some sexual assault that happened at hild bede, that we got an email about...can't find the email in question but the girl went to A&E then home :/ sounded horrific.
Oh have found the email:
"Dear Colleagues,
Some of you may be aware there has been a reported assault on a female student that took place in the early hours of Sunday [11/3] at Hild Bede. The girl in question was treated in A&E and has returned home with parents. Such an incident is very rare in the University. The biggest security flaw, however, comes from doors and windows being left open or people being let into the building who have no right to be there......etc"

Keep safe, guys.

The implication being that someone broke into her room...? :frown:
Reply 4482
For anyone here,

If you're interested in the environment and sustainable design for the future, or any Art and design for that matter including fashion, photography, interior decorating, there is a brand new society which is due to become ratified after exams. All we need is 15 people to sign up! The first major intake will be at the freshers' fair in October 2012.

You're some of the first to hear about this!

DURHAM UNIVERSITY ART & DESIGN SOCIETY

There's a little group of creative people who want to see this society prospur over the next few years at Durham. Please come and join us! The society is not yet ratified so you'll be part of something new.

The facebook page currently posts interesting designs, photography and other art. It is also a place to share your artwork and designs with other like-minded people. These posts don't give annoying notifications and are easily shareable with people who might be inspired.

Please like the page here even if you're sitting on the fence. You can always unlike if it's not your thing >>>>>>> 'Durham University Art & Design Society' facebook page
Original post by Awoodrow2
The implication being that someone broke into her room...? :frown:

It seems that way, yes. If not then it's disgusting the way she's implicated that it's a security flaw on her part (which I suspect is unlikely)
Reply 4484
If only mark schemes exist for summer exams :/
Mark schemes are useful...luckily most of my Chemistry lecturers and some Biology have put model answers up on DUO for the past couple of years which is useful.
Reply 4486
Original post by purple-girl
Mark schemes are useful...luckily most of my Chemistry lecturers and some Biology have put model answers up on DUO for the past couple of years which is useful.

That's so unfair. The best us Engineering students get in most cases are the final numerical answer! But if you see the lecturer with a good attempt at the solution they often steer you in the right direction and explain incorrect assumptions, etc...
Reply 4487
I hate SPA; they don't have anything for freshers in terms of when are they getting their results :/
Original post by Gilbird
I hate SPA; they don't have anything for freshers in terms of when are they getting their results :/

http://www.dur.ac.uk/spa/assessment/passlists/?list=6.1&calyear=2012

Or http://www.dur.ac.uk/spa/password/student/student_details/marks/
Reply 4489
If those two links does lead me to pass lists I wouldn't have asked...
Now I know I passed, I saw all my module marks and stuff (above 40% is pass right, I'm a fresher :P)
But then, isn't there a pass list with everyone's names on them?
Original post by Gilbird
If those two links does lead me to pass lists I wouldn't have asked...
Now I know I passed, I saw all my module marks and stuff (above 40% is pass right, I'm a fresher :P)
But then, isn't there a pass list with everyone's names on them?

The first link was a list of pass list publication dates. Scroll down to find your programme (e.g. Preliminary sciences). If the pass list is published you can access it.

Is this what you were asking for?

And yes, 40 is the pass mark usually.
Reply 4491
Check out Durham's talented student DJs and music producers @ Durham University DJ Society
(edited 11 years ago)
TUMBLEWEEDVILLE
Are there any of us left or have we all graduated?
TUMBLEWEEDVILLE

I moved out this week, but I don't graduate until January. :redface:
TUMBLEWEEDVILLE

I'm around for another year, as is PurpleGirl. Not that I post in this thread often...
Yep, I'm still around for another year, thankfully...
TUMBLEWEEDVILLE

I'm here, but it depends in what sense. Not as a student. Only in a virtual sense.

Hoped to still be around and work as a support worker within the university but the company rejected me post-interview last week, dem bitches :frown:
Would people be able to have a look over what I've written of the new Durham University forum FAQ thread and tell me if there's anything crucial I've missed or got horribly wrong in those posts? Thanks!
Reply 4498
Original post by Awoodrow2
Would people be able to have a look over what I've written of the new Durham University forum FAQ thread and tell me if there's anything crucial I've missed or got horribly wrong in those posts? Thanks!

There's no pizza bar at Aidan's :no:
(unless it started last year...)

You could mention that the union society has a bar too. Actually, it might be worth putting in something about the union society - there's usually a bit of confusion about union society vs student union at the beginning of term.

TUMBLEWEEDVILLE

I very occasionally lurk :ninjagirl:
Original post by Aula
There's no pizza bar at Aidan's :no:
(unless it started last year...)

You could mention that the union society has a bar too. Actually, it might be worth putting in something about the union society - there's usually a bit of confusion about union society vs student union at the beginning of term.

Ooh, good one to point out. I might do a general post about "What do all these Durham terms mean?". Like DSU vs DUS, what's 'Dunelm House', etc.

Quick Reply

Latest