The Student Room Group

'80% of men unhappy with looks', are you one of them.......?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hiding12
How happy are you with how you look?

In general I am happy but like everyone I have those areas that I dislike and want to change, it is natural :smile:
Reply 21
Original post by Theoneoranro
But your BF would get his ass kicked by 90% of young males.

Oh ****, that's a piss take.
Original post by Theoneoranro
But your BF would get his ass kicked by 90% of young males.

Which is awful, because fighting is super important. So important, in fact, that I'm going to remove all references to my academic achievements from my CV and replace them with a list of injuries I have caused people. Then I'm going to walk outside and punch the biggest man I can find in the face, so that all the girls will love me.
Reply 23
Original post by TobeTheHero

I want to look like that...

is it too much to ask:frown:

Oh God no you don't.
I'm one of those men. There's a few things I'd like to different (e.g. not being so skinny) but I'm not unhappy with, but there's one massive thing about my body that I hate, which is my height, I despise being small.
Reply 25
i'm hot but i do wish i was 6'2+. I'm 5'11 tall. i'm happy though.
Original post by Lollyage
Oh God no you don't.

Why not?
Reply 27
i'd guess the 20% that are happy are the fatties who say they are happy to try and justify it to themselves.
Reply 28
Oh God no you don't.

yes he does, go away.
Reply 29
Original post by efn
when did this forum become full of unaware misc phaggots

how can u be an unaware misc phaggot, broski?

do u even lift?
Reply 30
Original post by Aisha~~
Why not?

Normal people > Hulks who look like they live in the gym.
Get toned etc sure, but that's just excessive.
Reply 31
I perfectly happy with how I look.

However it was different 3 years ago.

No one who gets as big as Arnie does it for women...there's much more to life than that.

Nah, the fact that Arnie gets bishes is clearly proof of this. Maybe in our current feminine age with girls crying over skinny-jean wearing dudes, but back when he was in his prime and that kind of masculinity was admired but most older women still prefer his physiques. His was actually getting paid to live in the gym so I don't see much of a problem.
Reply 34

Not everybody goes to the gym for the aesthetics. Personally I go to increase strength and my lifts. I couldn't care less how large/small my muscles are.
Reply 35

we lift to look how we want to look, not how you want us to look.
I'm 20 y/o and my face and body aren't perfect. However, I know for a fact that over the next 50 years I'm going to get older, fatter and uglier until I can't bare to look myself in the mirror any longer. Because of this, I'm appreciating my looks while they lasts :smile:
Reply 37
Original post by . .
Not everybody goes to the gym for the aesthetics. Personally I go to increase strength and my lifts. I couldn't care less how large/small my muscles are.

Yes well I go to the gym too, to gain muscle. There's nothing wrong with wanting to improve your appearance, but there's a point where it just gets to be too much IMO. I'm not into skinny, like someone else was suggesting, I actually quite like big arms and toned features, but not so much so that he ends up looking like his life depends on getting super-hench.

I still can't believe there are guys out there who think they have to look like that to attract most girls tbf.
Original post by theultimatefish
Sometimes I get upset when girls just want me for my ridiculous good looks.
Does that count?

Some of us aren't afforded that luxury. I wouldn't call myself "ugly" but I don't reckon that I look "ridiculously good looking" either
Oh come on. At least men can get hot girls even if they're ugly - as long as they get rich. Us girls don't have that luxury.

Quick Reply

Latest