The Student Room Group

GCSE Modern World History : Germany *~ GCSE : 10th JUNE 2013 ~*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Fabz_x
How did people find the exam? :biggrin:

It was a fair paper actually! I just hope the last history exam is as nice! Which unit do you do for the third exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by CD223
It was a fair paper actually! I just hope the last history exam is as nice! Which unit do you do for the third exam?

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeahh I know right! same me too.. I'm doing usa, wbu?
Reply 22
Original post by Fabz_x
yeahh I know right! same me too.. I'm doing usa, wbu?

Is the USA an option for unit 3? Ooh I didn't know that! I did the USA as my controlled assessment. I'm doing War and Transformation of British Society 1903-28. Although I find it hard to revise for a source based paper - how are you going to? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
How did you all find it?

I was writing against time when it came to the conclusion in the OCR paper? :nooo:
Reply 24
Original post by CD223
Is the USA an option for unit 3? Ooh I didn't know that! I did the USA as my controlled assessment. I'm doing War and Transformation of British Society 1903-28. Although I find it hard to revise for a source based paper - how are you going to? :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh, yeah. i did the British society 1904-28 for my controlled assessment. Yeah, background knowledge is required so I guess I'm just going to memorise the important bits and do past papers to get practice on how to answer the questions.
I also have a maths gcse a day before so I need to revise for that too:/ - When's your last exam?
Reply 25
Original post by PINKFLEUR
How did you all find it?

I was writing against time when it came to the conclusion in the OCR paper? :nooo:

Yeah the time is very limited, its hard to balance it D:
I just about finished my exam without having enough time to check over my answers :frown:
Original post by Fabz_x
Yeah the time is very limited, its hard to balance it D:
I just about finished my exam without having enough time to check over my answers :frown:

You're not the only one. No one was sitting in the exam room twiddling their thumbs once the time was up :rolleyes:

My arguments against the hypothesis was cut short.. I had to quickly summarise and then write a conclusion D:
Reply 27
Original post by Fabz_x
Ahh, yeah. i did the British society 1904-28 for my controlled assessment. Yeah, background knowledge is required so I guess I'm just going to memorise the important bits and do past papers to get practice on how to answer the questions.
I also have a maths gcse a day before so I need to revise for that too:/ - When's your last exam?

I have 2 exams left. My Britain paper is the 19th obviously and I have a statistics exam on the 24th. Have you heard of a GCSE exam being later than that this year?!:L it's painful how slowly it's all going...
Reply 28
You're not the only one. No one was sitting in the exam room twiddling their thumbs once the time was up :rolleyes:

My arguments against the hypothesis was cut short.. I had to quickly summarise and then write a conclusion D:

I always find history exams are pushed for time so I'm rather used to being under pressure for it unfortunately. So much so it's rather detrimental to my hand writing -.-
Original post by CD223
I always find history exams are pushed for time so I'm rather used to being under pressure for it unfortunately. So much so it's rather detrimental to my hand writing -.-

I think I spent too much time on the separate sources though (used the 10 minutes of source analysis time to get started) - later regretting it when I ended up having 10 minutes to evaluate the last of the two sources question so that I had half an hour to do the 12 mark.

Don't get me started on my handwriting! I had one good look at the mess before I closed the booklet :doh:
Reply 30
I think I spent too much time on the separate sources though (used the 10 minutes of source analysis time to get started) - later regretting it when I ended up having 10 minutes to evaluate the last of the two sources question so that I had half an hour to do the 12 mark.

Don't get me started on my handwriting! I had one good look at the mess before I closed the booklet :doh:

It's really frustrating edexcel insist on making you learn so much for an exam that only picks up on one topic. They should give preliminary material narrowing it down or something...
Original post by CD223
It's really frustrating edexcel insist on making you learn so much for an exam that only picks up on one topic. They should give preliminary material narrowing it down or something...

That's the harsh reality about about exams.

They teach you everything but not specifically the things that would come up. If that was the case, everyone would be getting straight A*-B grades.
Reply 32
Original post by CD223
I have 2 exams left. My Britain paper is the 19th obviously and I have a statistics exam on the 24th. Have you heard of a GCSE exam being later than that this year?!:L it's painful how slowly it's all going...

Aww lucky, omg I loved statistics:') I sat mine in year 10.
I have three left:frown:
My business gcse is on the 25th -__- I know right, I've sat 13exams alreadyy, I simply cba to do anything anymore!:frown:
Easiest history exam I have ever done, couldn't of been any easier if anyone did bad its because u didn't revise the dates :P
Reply 34
Original post by CD223

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree it was a fair paper! I struggled a little on the 1930s America though - I listed the AAA as solving unemployment - stupid! I hope it doesnt cost me too much!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending