The Student Room Group

ATAS application

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sharmar
I thought I'd add an entry for 2016.

Date of submission - 8th of April
Expected decision date - 6th of May
No additional information was requested so far.

I am extending my visa which ends by the end of the month, I didn't realise I needed to reapply for an ATAS unfortunately. I am hoping for the best!

Decision date - 5th of May
Number of working days - 19

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 1741
Original post by sharmar
Decision date - 5th of May
Number of working days - 19

Good luck to everyone!

Wow that is quick! What course are you doing?
Original post by Saa-E
Wow that is quick! What course are you doing?

It wasn't too fast really, the wait was quite excruciating to tell you the truth. I mean you never knew when they might request additional information, which in itself would add another 20 working day to the wait.

I am continuing my PhD in Computing Science.
Reply 1743
Need some help. I think I might have made a mistake in my ATAS application. I am not so sure of it though. And there is no way to confirm if I have made a mistake or not. I have not yet received the certificate. I am thinking about reapplying with a completely new application. Would they cancel my first application or would they process both of my applications?
Date of submission - 5th of May
Expected decision date - 2nd of June
Decision date - 26th of May
Number of working days - 15

Good luck everyone! :smile:
Reply 1745
h3k27ac, did you receive it on inbox mail or junk mail?

Thanks and good luck at your study!
Original post by asmary
h3k27ac, did you receive it on inbox mail or junk mail?

Thanks and good luck at your study!

Hello!

I received in my inbox (not my junk mail). :smile:
Reply 1747
Date of submission - 9th of May
Expected decision date - 6th of June
Decision date - still wait

Is there any problem if the ATAS being late?
Reply 1748
Hey guys, I'm wanting to apply for my ATAS now but who should I put as referees? Are classmates possible?
Hi. I've been trying to log in the ATAS application system since Friday but everytime I type in my user names and passwords and enter it just pops back to the same log in site. I've tried different computers/devices it still doesn't work. Is anyone experiencing the same problem??
Original post by tsatsang
Hi. I've been trying to log in the ATAS application system since Friday but everytime I type in my user names and passwords and enter it just pops back to the same log in site. I've tried different computers/devices it still doesn't work. Is anyone experiencing the same problem??

I have the same problem..and my deadline is next month...going to email my uni to ask if they can extend my deadline...
Reply 1751
Date of submission - 9th of
May Expected decision date - 6th of June
Decision date - 6th of June
hai guys! I submitted my ATAS application hours ago and until now I still dont recieve any confirmation emails from them, should I make my new ATAS application?
Reply 1753
Original post by Cikaandari
hai guys! I submitted my ATAS application hours ago and until now I still dont recieve any confirmation emails from them, should I make my new ATAS application?

You will not recieve a confirmation email. You can track your application from atas website. The decision letter will sent to your email after 20 working days.
Will Brexit have any effects on ATAS?
Original post by Lord Commander
Will Brexit have any effects on ATAS?

I don't think so. ATAS does not have anything to do with visa or immigration policy. It is just a safety net to ensure that citizens from "dodgy" or high risk countries do not study technology that can be negatively used in the future.
Reply 1756
Original post by rebirthXx
You guys are so lucky , I totally forgot about atas and only applied yesterday. My deadline is 24 aug.... Anyone have tried to contact atas board to speed up the process ? They don't reply to emails:frown:
How things ended up mate? Trapped in the same situation.
Hi all, I just start to apply for ATAS certificate, but couldn't find the "submit" button, will it appears when I completing all 10 sections?
Please help me here, thank you!!
Hi, I totally forgot about ATAS and I got an email from Imperial College that my offer might be withdrawn if I don't produce ATAS certificate by 20th July. I have applied today and the decision date is 8th August. Do anyone know that offers are withdrawn by imperial because ATAS certificate was not produced on time ? I have also written to them asking for extension but yet to get a reply. Any information is much appreciated. I have got admission for Msci physics.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending