The Student Room Group

Good first time automatic cars under £2000?

Hi,

Im thinking of passing in automatic (yes i know the whole thing about it) simply because I prefer them and my mum also has an automatic. So like the title says whats the best automatic car under £2000?

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by ORuss17
Hi,

Im thinking of passing in automatic (yes i know the whole thing about it) simply because I prefer them and my mum also has an automatic. So like the title says whats the best automatic car under £2000?

Thanks

Realistically most of the cars that would fall within your budget would be above 5 years old and closer to 10.

VW Polo MkIV would be a good choice as would the Skoda Fabia, though the downside to both of them is they have to be had with the 1.4 75ps which can be expensive to insure and a bit thirsty on fuel for a VW Polo.

Other choices :-

Honda Jazz, make sure it is a SE spec so you get the virtual gear.

Toyota Yaris MK1, won't be a bad choice though a bit boring.

If you live in a fairly decent area, you could also try for a Mercedes A160 that is automatic, might cost a bit to service though.

Other than that could also look at a Mk4 VW Golf 1.6l or the Ford Focus Mk1.

Best to test drive a few cars on your own and decide from there.
Reply 3
Original post by Herr
Realistically most of the cars that would fall within your budget would be above 5 years old and closer to 10.

VW Polo MkIV would be a good choice as would the Skoda Fabia, though the downside to both of them is they have to be had with the 1.4 75ps which can be expensive to insure and a bit thirsty on fuel for a VW Polo.

Other choices :-

Honda Jazz, make sure it is a SE spec so you get the virtual gear.

Toyota Yaris MK1, won't be a bad choice though a bit boring.

If you live in a fairly decent area, you could also try for a Mercedes A160 that is automatic, might cost a bit to service though.

Other than that could also look at a Mk4 VW Golf 1.6l or the Ford Focus Mk1.

Best to test drive a few cars on your own and decide from there.

thank you for that it helped :smile:
Reply 4
Triumph 2000
Rover P6
Jaguar XJ40

Quick Reply

Latest