The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5540
Original post by Boristhethird
really looking foreword to this, though not so much the rain, and my no-longer waterproof jacket :unsure:

though should be of, got 190 odd miles to do tomrrow, and somehow book a campsite (for the Sunday night - why do none of these have websites!)

Night night :emog:
for anyone wanting to stalk me, ill be on lattitude for my Touring

Ronigreenbury @ gmail.com

g'night :goodnight:
Original post by Bathwiggle

next time shall i just leave you two at home and go play by myself?

Stupid fecking sv, bolt holding the clutch cable near the bottom of the engine has decided to shear when i'm riding along. Oil everywhere and i can't get it out at the side of the road. Feck.

Don't leave us mummy!!! :tongue:

That doesn't sound good. Good thing you came up on the honda then! How far away from home is it? How'd you get back?

no, going to his afterwards otherwise the poor darling wont have enough food to last him until the end of term. He forgot his staples of sausages, pittas, chicken and sausaged

Has he not heard of supermarkets?
Original post by Juno
Yeah, so when we go for a ride she's borrowing yours. You can borrow my daddy's skateboard.

I doubt she'd...

from what she has said about mine, she wouldn't want to.

oh wait, you got here first

Original post by Juno
Well with her history of breaking bikes I'm not letting her have mine.

She didn't break mine :flutter:

Original post by Juno
No you mustn't! We needs to know more! Are you coming with Emma or separately or not at all? Do you drink tea or coffee? Is your bike better than Boris'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uv8Ej4CEoQ#t=3m06s
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5543
Original post by Lantana

Then you are incredibly lucky and I doubt she'd make the same mistake twice
Original post by Juno
Then you are incredibly lucky and I doubt she'd make the same mistake twice

Tbh I only have one rule on borrowing my bike - you break it, you fix it, and she's a better rider than me so she wasn't going to crash following me :lol:
Reply 5545
Original post by Lantana
Tbh I only have one rule on borrowing my bike - you break it, you fix it, and she's a better rider than me so she wasn't going to crash following me :lol:

But she forgets to go round corners
Reply 5546
Does anyone have any idea how to modify a 50cc scooter engine. I just bought a new motor for my 1997 Piaggio Zip and it runs like a dream. I however want some cheap yet effective ways to make it faster. Anyone got any ideas?
I re-did my CBT just over a week ago and was supposed to have another lesson yesterday but the instructor hadn't put it in her diary so I spent half an hour waiting for her to turn up. Chinned off waiting but I've got another lesson next week and she's given me free hire of a bike of the rest of the day after the lesson so I think that's a win!
So word of warning, if you're near Elgin next Wednesday, avoid the big bloke on the 125!!!!!
Reply 5548
Original post by M4LLY
Does anyone have any idea how to modify a 50cc scooter engine. I just bought a new motor for my 1997 Piaggio Zip and it runs like a dream. I however want some cheap yet effective ways to make it faster. Anyone got any ideas?

Im not experienced with Piaggio but the usual mods apply everywhere i.e exhaust, airbox, drive rollers

Some scooters have a restrictor on the drive pulley that you just take out.

However if its running like a dream maybe just enjoy it :smile:
Reply 5549
Original post by M4LLY

Go faster stripes :smile:
so you are bringing tools, that makes things easier :biggrin:

but your not on the bike :eek:

I said i was bringing tools! i also always said i wasn't bringing a bike, if i'm going up that was i'll end up doing too many other things. And the fact i'm doing 2 bikes this weekend, i won't get a chance to do the sv.

I actually went pillion for the first time since the tt, with someone other than pet

Original post by Juno
No you mustn't! We needs to know more! Are you coming with Emma or separately or not at all? Do you drink tea or coffee? Is your bike better than Boris'?

his bike is better than boris's, however the chain needs replacing. He's bringing me up as i am doing too much and we need to go see my baby brother (remember earlier conversation about hooters?) He drinks tea. Then i'm going home to do his chain and sprockets,

Original post by Lantana
Don't leave us mummy!!! :tongue:

That doesn't sound good. Good thing you came up on the honda then! How far away from home is it? How'd you get back?
didn't :P it's about 11 miles away

Has he not heard of supermarkets?
with the amount he eats? it's cheaper for mummy to pay (see earlier spoilt children comments)
I doubt she'd...

oh wait, you got here first

i didn't
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5551

his bike is better than boris's, however the chain needs replacing. He's bringing me up as i am doing too much and we need to go see my baby brother (remember earlier conversation about hooters?) He drinks tea. Then i'm going home to do his chain and sprockets,

Ah, you're going to do his sprockets :hubba:
Reply 5552
Original post by Juno

I believe I might be the designated driver for this journey... I drink tea and I love my SV.... :biggrin:

Original post by Lantana

I rode it briefly, very low !! Didn't affect me as much as I thought it would though, its nice :smile:

Poor chain :frown: and I think I didn't need to answer the above... but yes :biggrin:
bikes loaded up, and will be wheelieing everywhere.
Im only running an hour late, so ill see you lot later!

:bike:
Reply 5554
bikes loaded up, and will be wheelieing everywhere.
Im only running an hour late, so ill see you lot later!

:bike:

Lol have fun with that :smile: see you tomorrow :smile: ride safe!
got fed up of riding in the rain, now at my brothers house in Coventry.

so sods law says that its going to be beautiful weather tonight :rolleye:

see those of you who are bothering to come tomorrow, was it 12 were meeting?
Reply 5556
I thought it was 11? But to be honest getting there for 11 will be tough, will get there as close to then as possible !
Reply 5557
Turn up whenever you like.

Cept not 1am. Junos get grumpy when they're woken at 1am :sadnod:
Reply 5558
Original post by Juno
Turn up whenever you like.

Cept not 1am. Junos get grumpy when they're woken at 1am :sadnod:

That would be ridiculous.... lol :tongue: I'll aim to leave around 8.30, but think we might be going to sort out wiggle's brother first. Will see how I feel lol :biggrin:
im an hour away by motorway, but they are silly things.

gonna see how early i can leave and aim for earlier (so when i get lost its not a problem :tongue:)

Latest