The Student Room Group

Applying with a parent's bank account?

Hey,
I'm applying online for student finance, but I don't have my own personal bank account - due to banks wanting proof of ID and mine hasn't arrived after sending off for it a couple of months ago. Could I apply with my parent's bank account instead and then change the bank details when I have my ID and a bank account? Thanks.
You have to apply with your own bank details or your finance would end up getting blocked. Best bet is to submit the application without bank details (which you can do) then update them online in the 'update bank details' tab when you have them.
Reply 2
Start your own bank account?
Reply 3
Original post by studentfinanceguru
You have to apply with your own bank details or your finance would end up getting blocked. Best bet is to submit the application without bank details (which you can do) then update them online in the 'update bank details' tab when you have them.

Brilliant, I'll do that. Thank you very much. I sent off for urgent ID by paying extra but I was a little worried about the looming deadline.

@M4LLY; Tried with many different banks. All of them refused without ID, which I don't have. No passport either.
Reply 4
Original post by aRubberDuck
Brilliant, I'll do that. Thank you very much. I sent off for urgent ID by paying extra but I was a little worried about the looming deadline.

@M4LLY; Tried with many different banks. All of them refused without ID, which I don't have. No passport either.

Why can't you get a copy of your birth certificate? :confused:
Reply 5
Original post by Shani
Why can't you get a copy of your birth certificate? :confused:

I do. I was told that it's not proof of identification whereever I tried to open an account.
Original post by aRubberDuck
I do. I was told that it's not proof of identification whereever I tried to open an account.

passport, driving licence, photographic bus pass, you must have something!
Banks are frustrating over ID these days - however I took my teenage kids into my own bank and with minimal ID (for them) and evidence of my own bank account they were both able to open accounts.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending