The Student Room Group

EDEXCEL Religious Studies AS/A2: 6RS01, 6RS02, 6RS03, 6RS04 May/June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by meeeeee7
What did everyone think of Ayer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Brilliant, that passage was actually perfect! I'm so glad it was Ayer, and that passage meant it was really easy to link to the rest of the reading. I managed to get quite a few references to the rest of the course in as well which I normally struggle with.
What did we all write about?
I did
Verification, Falsification , Mysticism , Athiesm and principle of credulity / testimony, I did Myth and Symbol, attribution / proportionality of analogy for A
Then part B I did like why people agree, why people don't like language games n that then I did positive n negative human/ religious implications? Just rushed my conclusion though, what did everyone else write ??
Original post by joshnewbs
What did we all write about?
I did
Verification, Falsification , Mysticism , Athiesm and principle of credulity / testimony, I did Myth and Symbol, attribution / proportionality of analogy for A
Then part B I did like why people agree, why people don't like language games n that then I did positive n negative human/ religious implications? Just rushed my conclusion though, what did everyone else write ??

I did
i) verification, criticisms of classical arguments, Ayer on classical arguments, Ayer on miracles, Holland and Hume on miracles, Ayer on mysticism, Otto, James, Ayer on intuition, H. P Owen.
ii) language games, the analogy of the toys in the cupboard, Hare and bliks, implications for religion and human experience.
Wish I had wrote about Bliks but didn't know how to link it! Oh well it's done now grade boundaries will be so high though just hope I've done enough !
Original post by joshnewbs
Wish I had wrote about Bliks but didn't know how to link it! Oh well it's done now grade boundaries will be so high though just hope I've done enough !

I only really referenced Hick but I feel like that could have gone into more detail, should have put in Swinburne though at some point. I'm sure you've done enough from what you put in the exam!
I must have done terribly on that paper:frown:
Why ??? I'm sure u will have done fine.
Original post by oswalds
Brilliant, that passage was actually perfect! I'm so glad it was Ayer, and that passage meant it was really easy to link to the rest of the reading. I managed to get quite a few references to the rest of the course in as well which I normally struggle with.

I thought the para wasn't the best but I linked it to other parts of article I'm worried I went of track and didn't reference back to the para enough ? How did U link his themes back to atheists and agnostics ?
Original post by ellie0497
I know! Sad. I only revised ontological from the two so I got pretty lucky I think.
I liked the religious language question too.

For rel lang on A02 what did you basically write for language games?
Original post by Remi.ijaiya
For rel lang on A02 what did you basically write for language games?

I don't exactly remember but what I think I did was compare language games with religious language
Reply 350
I thought the para wasn't the best but I linked it to other parts of article I'm worried I went of track and didn't reference back to the para enough ? How did U link his themes back to atheists and agnostics ?
For a or b?
Original post by Buamz97
For a or b?

For the implications paper on ayer
Reply 352
For the implications paper on ayer
Oh I did for section a as it talk about his argument in the passagefor b it was slightly more vague but I talked about how the verification principle could be flawed and the implications of putting into practice.What did you write?
Reply 353
Original post by meeeeee7
I spoke about resurrection and then immortality of the soul but addressing how the immortality of the soul provides a solution for bodily resurrection was difficult and I wasn't sure how much to critique the immortality of the soul

Posted from TSR Mobile

Didn't you just have to talk about just one of them (ie just the immortality of the soul)?
Reply 354
are there any yr13s that wouldn't mind sending any notes they have for a2 - would really help:smile:
Reply 355
I start A2 in September can someone please post their Unit 3 and 4 notes
Hey everyone,

I got an A at AS this year I was so happy! :biggrin: I've kept the subject but would like some information on any pre-reading or studying I can do before I go back and start learning the course for good. For unit 3, I learn the Philosophy side of the exam, and the New Testament side (Luke's Gospel). Will be grateful if anyone could give me any tips or help!
Are you studying unit 3 or 4 at the moment
i'm resitting first paper on the AS exam to get an A overall🤕 but im liking this years A-level for Philosophy
Reply 359
Hi, I just wrote a book that will help you, it's called "How to write any essay and get a top mark! Or How to Hack the Religious Studies, Ethics or Philosophy A-level (& Politics and Other Essay) Exams…and get an A*!" For AQA, OCR, and Edexcel, New and Old courses! Unit/Course/Specification codes: 7061, 7062, 2060, 7171, 7172, 2175, H172, H572, H173, H573, 8RS01, 9RS01, 8RS0, 9RS0 and many more! Available on Amazon and all major outlets!

"This is such a useful book for all students of A level Religious Studies, Philosophy and Ethics. The style is student friendly and accessible, and the author brings to it his experience as a teacher and examiner. The highly practical approach is exactly what students need to negotiate the minefield of exam preparation and practice equipped with straightforward, realistic advice." Sarah K Tyler

Original post by hpiercey3
Hi everybody!

I have made this thread open to anybody following the edexcel specification for both AS and A2 level RS (Philosophy, Ethics and Religion). Hopefully we will be able to share and help each other with notes, essays, exams or anything else related to the subject.

Past Papers: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-a-levels/religious-studies-2008.coursematerials.html#filterQuery=Pearson-UK:Category%2FExam-materials

Specification: http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Religious%20Studies/2013/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/UA035249_GCE_Lin_RelStud_Issue_3.pdf

Exams:
Foundations Unit 1 (6RS01): 19th May 2016 AM 1hr 45
Investigations Unit 2 (6RS02): 27th May 2016 AM 1hr 15

Developments Unit 3 (6RS03): 15th June 2016 AM 1hr 45
Implications Unit 4 (6RS04): 21st June 2016 PM 1hr 15

Good luck to all! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest