The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Steph90

I'll actually change the essence of what I am saying to this: Our team gets so hyped every match, every tournemant - when we lose the way we just did it - it is way more embarassing and a much bigger upset in the eyes of the media than Canada beating Pakistan.

Our media, you mean. I guarentee there will a media strom in Pakistan if they had lost to Canada. Ireland are better than Zimbabwe - losing to Zimbabwe isn't unheard of. Losing to Canada is a different kettle of fish. Half their team have full time jobs outside of cricket!
Reply 81
Afridi has taken 14 wickets now in 3 matches :wink: One thing I couldn't help but notice is that his accuracy as in he is bowling nearly every other delivery a googly or a flipper and backing it with a pacy straight one. The batsmen are making the mistake of playing on the back foot and trying to late cut or hit into the square and hence getting out LBW or bowled. But damn 14 wickets in 3 matches..thats something...

And bhen ch**s and maa ch**s were uncalled for, I mean seriously having a go at a No. 10 batsman? Shehzad makes an entry into my list which includes the likes of Sreesanth and Broad..:rolleyes:

It would make sense if the person who negged me would enlighten me as to which part of my post made your heart bleed, some of you seriously need a good spanking..Don't forget I got Inzamam99 :u:
(edited 13 years ago)
PAKISTAAANNNNNNNNNNN =D

Even though we should've batted better, i'm so proud of my team, so much **** has happened to the country and the cricket team it's great to see us at the very TOP of our group =D
NEVER been happier :biggrin:
My eyes were welling up with pride. BOOM BOOM AFRIDI :bhangra:
Reply 85
England must be terrified, South Africa murdered the team England only just scraped past. They're looking very impressive, De Villiers continues to be an outstanding player.

As for Afridi, another superb bowling performance from him. Nice to see a relatively competitive game, Pakistan must have worried a little being bowled out so cheaply but Canada never really looked like chasing the total down, they scored too slowly and lost wickets on regular intervals.
Why did I decide not to bring back Amla and ABDW :frown: :frown:

Brilliant bowling from Afridi!
Reply 87

The hosts of the 2011 World Cup will enjoy home advantage during the quarter-final and semi-final stage, the ICC has confirmed. Sri Lanka, India and Bangladesh will play at home if they reach the quarter-finals, the venues for which are Mirpur (staging the first and the third game), Ahmedabad (second) and Colombo (fourth), as well as the semis. However, while the draw for the quarter-final in terms of who plays whom from each group has been decided - A1 v B4, A2 v B3, A3 v B2 and A4 v B1 - the sequence of these games will only be revealed at the end of the Group stage once the final positions of the concerned teams has been determined.

I have tickets to the quater final in Ahmedabad (my home town)!

I wonder though, where is India going to be in Group B and thus who are they going to play in Group A - what are your predictions?

England will beat West Indies and Bangladesh
India will beat Ireland, Netherlands and the West Indies
South Africa will beat India, England and Ireland.

So im thinking the top three would be:

1. South Africa
2. India
3. England
4....whatever

Theyll play B3 - who will be B3?

it could be any of Pakistan, Australia or Sri Lanka

India vs Pakistan in Gujarat would be EPIC!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Vazzyb

I wonder though, where is India going to be in Group B and thus who are they going to play in Group A - what are your predictions?

Mine too :biggrin: The semi finals are there too aren't they?

My family living there got tickets too. So jealous that I can't be in India right now! :frown:
Reply 89
Original post by InItToWinItGetIt?
Mine too :biggrin: The semi finals are there too aren't they?

My family living there got tickets too. So jealous that I can't be in India right now! :frown:

Nah they aren't lol. Ahmedabad (lets be honest) is a bit of a hole lol - so they wudnt play that there unfortunately.

Its not that expensive man, just £410 return - its worth it! Turn it into a bit of a holiday!
Original post by tusac
Afridi has taken 14 wickets now in 3 matches :wink: One thing I couldn't help but notice is that his accuracy as in he is bowling nearly every other delivery a googly or a flipper and backing it with a pacy straight one. The batsmen are making the mistake of playing on the back foot and trying to late cut or hit into the square and hence getting out LBW or bowled. But damn 14 wickets in 3 matches..thats something...

And bhen ch**s and maa ch**s were uncalled for, I mean seriously having a go at a No. 10 batsman? Shehzad makes an entry into my list which includes the likes of Sreesanth and Broad..:rolleyes:

It would make sense if the person who negged me would enlighten me as to which part of my post made your heart bleed, some of you seriously need a good spanking..Don't forget I got Inzamam99 :u:

Don't worry baeta, I shall avenge you- if your neg rep was -5 then I probably know who it was. Meanwhile I shall endow you with my enormous rep (but tomorrow as I'am all out for today).
Original post by Vazzyb

England will beat West Indies and Bangladesh
India will beat Ireland, Netherlands and the West Indies
South Africa will beat India, England and Ireland.

So im thinking the top three would be:

1. South Africa
2. India
3. England
4....whatever

Theyll play B3 - who will be B3?

it could be any of Pakistan, Australia or Sri Lanka

India vs Pakistan in Gujarat would be EPIC!

The top 4 in any group could still vary a lot to be honest. In the subcontinent, I reckon WI have an advantage over England and Bangladesh have a good chance against them as well. In Group A, I reckon SA on top and then India followedby whoever. In group B, it'll be probably be Australia, Pakistan, SL, NZ especially if Pakistan beat NZ like they should. I would hate a Pakistan vs. India quarter final- save it for later.
Reply 92
Original post by Inzamam99
The top 4 in any group could still vary a lot to be honest. In the subcontinent, I reckon WI have an advantage over England and Bangladesh have a good chance against them as well. In Group A, I reckon SA on top and then India followedby whoever. In group B, it'll be probably be Australia, Pakistan, SL, NZ especially if Pakistan beat NZ like they should. I would hate a Pakistan vs. India quarter final- save it for later.

I would love it, for selfish reasons. My only concern would be the chance of terrorist activity from both sides - the area is a bit troubled by these kinds of things.
Original post by Vazzyb
Nah they aren't lol. Ahmedabad (lets be honest) is a bit of a hole lol - so they wudnt play that there unfortunately.

Its not that expensive man, just £410 return - its worth it! Turn it into a bit of a holiday!

Ah yeah you're correct. Aw :frown:

Don't know if I will have holidays or not and got exams and coursework to work on lol. Need AAA so I don't **** up my offer.
Original post by Vazzyb
I would love it, for selfish reasons. My only concern would be the chance of terrorist activity from both sides - the area is a bit troubled by these kinds of things.

Yeah I imagine there's a lot of sectarian tension even such a long time after the Gujarat riots.
Reply 95

NEVER been happier :biggrin:

:five: :awesome:

The part where Balaji rao called Umar Gul "pagal" was epic. :mmm:
Original post by -M$ Ultr@-
:five: :awesome:

The part where Balaji rao called Umar Gul "pagal" was epic. :mmm:

The part where Gul sent a bouncer into Balaji was epic. :mmm:
Reply 97
Phew, relieved after our ridiculous batting innings...
Do cricketers crumble too? :teehee:
Reply 99
Original post by WhatamIdoing

Original post by WhatamIdoing
The part where Gul sent a bouncer into Balaji was epic. :mmm:

Indeed. :rofl2: I didn't say that because I thought it would be rude. :mmm: :rofl: