University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester

Winchester 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Silver Aurora
Congrats! :smile:
When did you send off your ucas application?

Thanks :smile: A week and a half ago. So happy I got an offer so quickly!
University campus
University of Winchester
Winchester
Original post by followmeup
Thanks :smile: A week and a half ago. So happy I got an offer so quickly!

That's amazing! Hope your other offers go well!
Reply 62
Original post by Silver Aurora
That's amazing! Hope your other offers go well!

Thanks!
Reply 63
finally got an interview for social work on 9th jan. now crappin it!!
im applying for special educational needs inclusion with primary QTS :smile: still waiting on that offer thoguh :L
Can anyone please tell me where the film studies BA is good at winchester university?
Got my unconditional for Psychology today, happy days!
Reply 67
I got an offer to study Archaeological Practice on Thursday :smile: I'd been checking UCAS all day, and then when I checked yesterday morning one was there! It's 300pts including 2 passes at A2 :smile:
Reply 68
Hello! I've applied to do History, Theology and Religious Studies. I was wondering how long it takes for Winchester to get back to you? They received my application on the 6th December and emailed me saying so, and today I received another email telling me that they have received my application and that some courses don't start looking at applications until January 2012. So I'm slightly confused!
Original post by seversk
Hello! I've applied to do History, Theology and Religious Studies. I was wondering how long it takes for Winchester to get back to you? They received my application on the 6th December and emailed me saying so, and today I received another email telling me that they have received my application and that some courses don't start looking at applications until January 2012. So I'm slightly confused!

:hi:

I did TRS, with Psychology :woo:
Reply 70
Original post by seversk

I think Winchester got back to me within two weeks :smile: it might not necessarily be the same for you but I don't think they'll take too long. If you've sent yours a bit later then they might wait till after January 15th but if your overall application is very good they might give you an offer between now and end of December :smile:

Hope that helps, can't really predict when they'll get back to you but fingers crossed you get an offer, good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 71
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
:hi:

I did TRS, with Psychology :woo:

Really? What was the TRS part like?
Reply 72
I went to a campus tour today. I fell in love with the campus, it's so lovely :smile:
Original post by seversk

Hi. I suspect that because Winchester is one of the universities that has now decided to amend their fees/financial incentives to applicants and therefore people can change their original UCAS choices to or from Winchester, they've perhaps decided to wait until they've received all their applications for some courses before sending out offers. It seems the whole fee thing has become a right mess and some universities (like Nottingham Trent for example) have made the decision to wait until Jan 15th before looking at their applications.
Original post by seversk
Really? What was the TRS part like?

It had a couple of well-known lecturers when I was there, which was good. Some of it was better than others, I wasn't really interested in the theology side so found that difficult, apart from the odd module. The classes are relatively small which is good (or they were when I was there) but I found that I was almost the only one who wasn't religious, which was a big strange at times.

It is a lovely university though, I thoroughly recommend it :love:
Reply 75
I have 4/5 unconditional offers now...just missing Winchester. It's typical that the last offer I'm waiting for is the one that really matters :frown:
Original post by Totoro241
I have 4/5 unconditional offers now...just missing Winchester. It's typical that the last offer I'm waiting for is the one that really matters :frown:

That happened when I applied, totally worth it when you get the offer though :yep:
Reply 77
Original post by Totoro241

Good luck! I hope you hear from them soon! :biggrin:
Reply 78
Original post by ~ Purple Rose ~
It had a couple of well-known lecturers when I was there, which was good. Some of it was better than others, I wasn't really interested in the theology side so found that difficult, apart from the odd module. The classes are relatively small which is good (or they were when I was there) but I found that I was almost the only one who wasn't religious, which was a big strange at times.

It is a lovely university though, I thoroughly recommend it :love:

How much of the course focused on theology? I don't enjoy theology, I'm studying it more because I want to learn about religions than because I want to learn about the ideas of a god.
Reply 79
School have FINALLY sent off my application! Hopefully it won't be too long until I hear back... Although it is Christmas...
Don't know what I'll do if Winchester rejects me...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending