The Student Room Group

Imperial Postgraduate Applications 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 300
Anyone know when we might be getting some more decisions, applied for MSc Finance about 6 weeks ago.
Reply 301
Original post by lbhrobin
Any one apply MSc structural steel design?

I applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management sometime in Jan but havent heard anything from them
Reply 302
Original post by engm
I applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management sometime in Jan but havent heard anything from them

Are you a international student? What degree are you expecting, a first?
Reply 303
Are you a international student? What degree are you expecting, a first?

I have undergrad 1st class and post grad high dist. from uni surrey guildford. I want to enhance my knowledge on concrete structures and possibly carry on with phd later. I am waiting for oxford decision for my application to MScRes in eng; also havent heard from imperial as well. Yes i am an international student.
Reply 304
Original post by engm
I have undergrad 1st class and post grad high dist. from uni surrey guildford. I want to enhance my knowledge on concrete structures and possibly carry on with phd later. I am waiting for oxford decision for my application to MScRes in eng; also havent heard from imperial as well. Yes i am an international student.

Hope no news is good news
Reply 305
Original post by Aurora2
Is anyone applying for MSc Science communication/MSc Science Media Production?

I am :smile: have an interview in March, you?
Reply 306
Finally, a conditional offer for structural steel design with business management.:smile:
Reply 307
Finally, a conditional offer for structural steel design with business management.:smile:

Congratulations! What conditions did they ask you to fulfill?
Reply 308
Original post by engm
Congratulations! What conditions did they ask you to fulfill?

A first..
Has anyone applied to the MSc Petroleum Engineering and heard back yet?
Reply 310
Original post by andyp88
Hi all,

Will it be too late for me to apply for a postgraduate programme at Imperial now?

It depends on what type of PG studies you were looking at doing.

PhDs can (in theory) start whenever you want (and it's mainly the funding that dictates the beginning for most people).

Most PGTs (taught PG degrees) are fixed to the normal academic year, and have the same restrictions on applications, as with UG studies (i.e. get your applications in as soon as possible as there is a deadline.)

I would look at the Imperial website if you wanted more details about your specific course.
Reply 311
I applied for the Doctoral Training Centre (MSc + PhD) in Theory and Simulation of Materials at the end of Feb. I had an interview today and they made me an offer shortly afterwards. I might write up my interview experience soon just like I did for my interview for my undergrad degree at Imperial.

My background is mechanical engineering, so it's nice to have a second chance to learn some quantum physics + other atomic scale physics. I could return to the Mech Eng department and do my PhD there if the world of physics is all too stressful for me :smile:
Reply 312
Original post by Kerch
I applied for the Doctoral Training Centre (MSc + PhD) in Theory and Simulation of Materials at the end of Feb. I had an interview today and they made me an offer shortly afterwards. I might write up my interview experience soon just like I did for my interview for my undergrad degree at Imperial.

My background is mechanical engineering, so it's nice to have a second chance to learn some quantum physics + other atomic scale physics. I could return to the Mech Eng department and do my PhD there if the world of physics is all too stressful for me :smile:

Wow congratulations, hope it goes well with physics for you. As you have said that you went to imperial for undergrad, can you please give us some insight about engineering department. I have applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management having already studied postgrad in Structural Engineering (Not from Imperial). I have also applied for fully funded PhD at a top 20 UK university and quiet hopeful about it,, Do you think it is worth coming to Imperial for MSc by giving up PhD. Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestion.
Reply 313
Original post by JJoyM
I am :smile: have an interview in March, you?

I have an interview too!
Reply 314
Good day everyone,
I graduated from Ameican university of beirut and i applied for a masters in environmental engineering. Did anyone applied to this pogram? and did you get an offer or an acceptance already? i have a conditional offer in leeds but i prefer imperial... I am starting to worry .. :frown:

regards to all
Reply 315
Original post by AAD
Good day everyone,
I graduated from Ameican university of beirut and i applied for a masters in environmental engineering. Did anyone applied to this pogram? and did you get an offer or an acceptance already? i have a conditional offer in leeds but i prefer imperial... I am starting to worry .. :frown:

regards to all

what is your profile?
Reply 316
Original post by engm
Wow congratulations, hope it goes well with physics for you. As you have said that you went to imperial for undergrad, can you please give us some insight about engineering department. I have applied for MSc Concrete Structures and Business Management having already studied postgrad in Structural Engineering (Not from Imperial). I have also applied for fully funded PhD at a top 20 UK university and quiet hopeful about it,, Do you think it is worth coming to Imperial for MSc by giving up PhD. Thanks in advance for any kind of suggestion.

I was in the Mechanical Engineering department, and Concrete Structures would be Civil Engineering. I have only been to that department a few times, and it's quite nice, but presumably you would have to pay the tuition fees yourself, so in that case I would go straight onto the PhD (unless the fees are not an issue).
Got a conditional offer for MSc in Computational Methods for Aeronautics :smile:
Reply 318
Hi everybody,

My second post! XD (a copy paste from the first!)

I am Swiss and French student. I have a BA in Maths and Stats from the EPFL (Lausanne) (5.41/6 Last Year GPA) and will obtain a MSc Actuarial Science from the University of Montreal (Current GPA 3.87/4). I wanted to undertake a PhD at McGill in Statistics but was refused because I was not good enough. Concerning experience, I have been TA for 15 different lectures (thanks Switzerland for this experience) and three internships in banks. Toef ibt 107 (but irrelevant thanks my first Msc in Canada).

I applied to the following university to improve my statistical background.

University: Imperial College London
Course: MSc in Statistics
Date application sent: March 8th (Second reference letters on the 21st March)
Date decision received:
Decision: Application currently under consideration by the Department (don't know what that means!)
Offer condition:
Your reaction:

In case I would not be accepted I will apply to

University: ETH Zurich
Course: MSc in Statistics
Date application sent:
Date decision received:
Decision: Accepted (because Swiss laws says that they can not refuse someone with a BSc from Switzerland)
Offer condition:
Your reaction:

Conclusion : I hope to get an offer from Imperial (even I find the program quite expensive).

Anyone have any thoughts about my chance/probability to get accepted/refused and also the date of decision?
Reply 319
Original post by ABACUS8
I have an interview too!

Go us! Which day is your interview... perhaps we'll bump into each other?!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending