The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aemiliana
It said it was down for maintenance earlier, so I think some parts of it are if that makes sense? Maybe try refreshing it and the logging in.

Yep it works on my phone fine now but not on the website, so must just be an issue with that! Only wanted to log weight anyway and managed to do that on phone :biggrin:.

Original post by marmalady
I agree. Well done on your pound!
I think maybe you weren't immune to starvation mode at all... and it was starting to creep up on you :wink: but now that you've upped your cals a bit you're seeing big losses again - hooray! :smile:

Haha yeah probably shouldn't have been quite so cocky about that!
I was 12 stone before Easter. I weighed myself this morning for the first time for about a month since I got weighed at the doctors and its also TOTM.... and I'm still 12 stone. CRAZY! What has happened? Haha.

Edit: bearing in mind I have had THE worst diet ever for the last few weeks.
Original post by laurenl93
Today had:

B: nothing due to lying in bed with bf till 11 :smile:
L: alpen porridge with soya milk and glass of OJ and a coffee with soya milk
D: tin of tomato soup with 1.5 scone and loads f tea :smile:
Snacks: apple, mango and strawberry & a regular costa light with soya milk

I have night shift tonight though and unsure of how many calories I've had though I suspect not enough!

I love that Alpen porridge, I got some free samples from Tesco with a food shop and it was amaaazing.
Got my barbell & dumbbell set. Also, gym balls are fun to sit on. :biggrin:
Breakfast: two crumpets and some butter, cup of tea
Dinner: slice of bacon on two slices of seeded toast, lighter mayo and lettuce/cucumber
Tea: homemade steak pie, mash and veg

Exercise: dragging my HUGE suitcase on and off trains later haha
Original post by Chrisateen
When was the last time you lost weight?

About a month or more ago now. It's just frustrating especially when I feel I've had a good week. This week for example I haven't gone over my calorie allowance, and I've exercised quite a lot.

I know it's suggested to eat more...but even weeks where I have eaten more I haven't lost anything. Grrr :mad:
Got my barbell & dumbbell set. Also, gym balls are fun to sit on. :biggrin:

What barbell/dumbell sets did you get? I was looking into some!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I think it's my body's way of telling me I wasn't eating enough before! So I need to eat pretty much the calories I've been eating this week (and exercise as well of course) but obviously make them up from slightly healthier foods :biggrin:.

Well done on the weight loss. At least you can eat a bit more and still lose the weight.
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
About a month or more ago now. It's just frustrating especially when I feel I've had a good week. This week for example I haven't gone over my calorie allowance, and I've exercised quite a lot.

I know it's suggested to eat more...but even weeks where I have eaten more I haven't lost anything. Grrr :mad:

Yep you may have plateaued. How many calories are you currently eating and what sort of exercise are you doing. Definatley time to up the calories for a few weeks even if you struggle to eat more. If you really really struggle to eat more then you may want to decrease the exercise.
Original post by Chrisateen
Yep you may have plateaued. How many calories are you currently eating and what sort of exercise are you doing. Definatley time to up the calories for a few weeks even if you struggle to eat more. If you really really struggle to eat more then you may want to decrease the exercise.

Currently eat 1200-1300. I go to the gym twice a week and do 10 minute cardio at a steady pace and then 20 minutes HIIT, then 30 minutes weights and crunches etc. Then I try and run about 3-5 miles twice a week, and one long run once a week which at the minute is about 8-9 miles.

I'd rather increase calories than cut exercise as I'm training for a half mara. What's a good level to increase to? :confused:
Currently eat 1200-1300. I go to the gym twice a week and do 10 minute cardio at a steady pace and then 20 minutes HIIT, then 30 minutes weights and crunches etc. Then I try and run about 3-5 miles twice a week, and one long run once a week which at the minute is about 8-9 miles.

I'd rather increase calories than cut exercise as I'm training for a half mara. What's a good level to increase to? :confused:

This sounds like you don't eat back your exercise calories, which would definitely explain the plateau. Your body probably can't cope with all that exercise (great as it is) if it's only eating 1200-1300 a day. I would suggest start keeping track of all your exercises and eat back the calories burned to leave you with 1200-1300 NET calories. So, eg, on days you burn 600 calories exercising, eat 1800-1900 in total. See if that works for you (I think it will).
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by marmalady
This sounds like you don't eat back your exercise calories, which would definitely explain the plateau. Your body probably can't cope with all that exercise (great as it is) if it's only eating 1200-1300 a day. I would suggest start keeping track of all your exercises and eat back the calories burned to leave you with 1200-1300 NET calories. So, eg, on days you burn 600 calories exercising, eat 1800-1900 in total. See if that works for you (I think it will).

Sorry, I meant my goal is 1200. I do eat back my exercise calories as well, I end up around 1600+ normally. Which is why I don't really know why I've stopped losing!
Officially starting C25K.. now. Will report back when done!

EDIT: Okay, finished Day 1, but it SHOULDN'T have been as hard as I found it! My fitness it worse than ever, despite losing all of this weight. HOPEFULLY this programme will sort me out.
(edited 11 years ago)
What barbell/dumbell sets did you get? I was looking into some!

I got these ones.

They are vinyl, so they're bigger than metal ones, but right now that's all the money I feel happy spending one them.

I'm loving having a gym ball too, I feel like I've finally got the full set for workout DVDs!
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Officially starting C25K.. now. Will report back when done!

EDIT: Okay, finished Day 1, but it SHOULDN'T have been as hard as I found it! My fitness it worse than ever, despite losing all of this weight. HOPEFULLY this programme will sort me out.

I started doing C25K and found it just as hard to begin with but I'm now running 8 miles and doing a half marathon in June! Persevere with it!

I got these ones.

They are vinyl, so they're bigger than metal ones, but right now that's all the money I feel happy spending one them.

I'm loving having a gym ball too, I feel like I've finally got the full set for workout DVDs!

Ah thank you. Does look like a good deal. The only thing I thought about with buying weights is that surely you'll get to the point where you need heavier? Only thing stopping me buying some :s-smilie:
Stuggling without MFP! I need to do some exercise but it's TOTM and I have loads of uni work. I'll probably do some weights tomorrow and I'll have about 1 hour of walking to/from uni so that should help.

I ate 1,700 cals yesterday which is about 500 over the goal I set myself - I had really bad cravings (damn you hormones). Also, 1,200 is very dificult to maintain. I think I'll eat anywhere between 1,200-700, but hopefully 1,500 - that seems sensible and MFP says I'll still lose 7lbs by mid May if I eat that. So yeah, slower and more sensible is the way to go for me I think because there's no way I can stick with 1,200 long term.

Ah thank you. Does look like a good deal. The only thing I thought about with buying weights is that surely you'll get to the point where you need heavier? Only thing stopping me buying some :s-smilie:

That's why I got those type, rather than the molded ones - when I need more weight, I just buy some more disc things.
I started doing C25K and found it just as hard to begin with but I'm now running 8 miles and doing a half marathon in June! Persevere with it!

Wow that sounds great! I will try my best with it, and I feel good now that I've finished, just hope I can find the time to get it done properly! Will do my best though. That was the first step towards getting these final 15lbs off! Only 2 more to go before I can say I have less than a stone to lose :biggrin:.
My mum PURPOSELY (yes she has admitted this) buys boxes of flapjack every week knowing it's the one thing I love and will always (and already have) cave in to. I know I should be strong and prove a point but ffs she pisses me off with her lack of support!!!!

Diet is failing these days...very very miserably.
Still constantly eating. Dunno if it's the exam stress or just me being a greedy mare.

It's really stressing me out though, I've completely lost control :frown:

Latest