The Student Room Group

A2 study leave, how many hours of revision a day?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Forget that
:frown: crapy exam boards!
Good luck with Law, i would have loved to do that for A-level, although it sounds rather difficult. I had to do politics instead which i did not really enjoy.

Thank you and it's not too bad i think law is one which is more to do with exam technique because it's all essay writing, it's not usually to difficult to apply the knowledge your given to scenarios your given as long as you know how to apply it and at times be able to argue your case.
Politics sounds harder to me but i could be wrong.
7-8 hours per day :smile:
Reply 42
I did 6-7, on average, a day and I got 3 A's overall!!

I did take a day a week off to relax, because if you don't, you'll work yourself into the ground, and then revision will become less and less effective.

Take it at your own pace- what is right for you might not be right for others :smile:
Best of luck in your exams
Reply 43
Original post by Mrkingpenguin
I am saying this is not natural or normal for students to revise for over 3/4 of the 24 hour day. I got good GCSEs without revising that amount per day, and im sure A level is the same.

Either your teacher is incredibly bad or you're really bad at actually learning stuff.

Most traditional A levels are designed to not need absolutly loads of content revsion as they are much more skills based.

GCSE's are easy i did next to no revision for them but A-levels are a lot more work!!! Before a exam i would at least spend the whole day before hand revising, so probably about 8 hours the day before a exam.
And have to add my economics exam in Jan had sooooo much content liturally 2 massive leaver arch folders full of work and not even half of that could possibly come up in a exam.
Reply 44
Original post by BeccaRoo

Take it at your own pace- what is right for you might not be right for others :smile:
Best of luck in your exams

thank you :smile:
Original post by Clare1994
GCSE's are easy i did next to no revision for them but A-levels are a lot more work!!! Before a exam i would at least spend the whole day before hand revising, so probably about 8 hours the day before a exam.
And have to add my economics exam in Jan had sooooo much content liturally 2 massive leaver arch folders full of work and not even half of that could possibly come up in a exam.

You have slightly missed my point.

Also, yes you are correct that in the days before the exam maybe up to 8 hours but you really don't need to do 16 hours if you've properly planned and made notes in advance.

It sounds to me like this guy is trying to cram it into the week before his exam.
Reply 46
you really don't need to do 16 hours if you've properly planned and made notes in advance.

It sounds to me like this guy is trying to cram it into the week before his exam.

That's true
Reply 47
These threads are always insane - 8 hours per day with one break?

I'm studying Business, English Literature and Geography A2 and average around 3-4 per day. I'm comfortably on top of my workload And aiming to get A*AA/AAA (I only need AAB though, lucky me)
Original post by Clare1994
Started study leave on Friday and just trying to write up a revision time table.
However no idea how many hours to do a day, I know if i put down too many hours then i'll be disappointed with myself when i don't do the revision i'm meant to, but also thinking if i don't set enough then i'll just get too lazy to do anything anyway.
I'm only doing two A2 exams however as they are law and economics they do take quite a bit of learning.
How many hours a day would you suggest or how many hours of revision are you doing?

Doing as much as you can without going insane!!!!.... would be a good place to start :colone: :smile:
Reply 49
it is not HOW many hours you do... it is the quality of revision you do.
Reply 50
I am saying this is not natural or normal for students to revise for over 3/4 of the 24 hour day. I got good GCSEs without revising that amount per day, and im sure A level is the same.

Either your teacher is incredibly bad or you're really bad at actually learning stuff.

Most traditional A levels are designed to not need absolutly loads of content revsion as they are much more skills based.

My teachers are a disaster :/.
I did well in my GCSE's but i actually revised :eek:. I just feel more confident when i do a lot of revision :wink:.
It various from person to person, perhaps what takes me a hour to learn might take another person 20 min :smile:
Reply 51
instead of talking about studying.... STUDY
Original post by bahjat93
My teachers are a disaster :/.
I did well in my GCSE's but i actually revised :eek:. I just feel more confident when i do a lot of revision :wink:.
It various from person to person, perhaps what takes me a hour to learn might take another person 20 min :smile:

That's fair enough, I see your point.
Reply 53
As much as I can physically handle without having a breakdown :sadnod:
I've got 3 exams next week (Physics, computing and maths) and I've averaged about 20mins per day for the past 2 weeks.
This week is going to be hell :s-smilie:
I try and get it out of the way in the morning, so do a past paper starting at like 7:30am, take half an hour break, mark it, write out corrections on to cards, read through notes for an hour, and then do a past paper for a different subject in the afternoon, doing the same. It works well for me :smile: I'm always too lazy to do anything in the evening with everyone in the house...
Reply 56
Original post by elkana
instead of talking about studying.... STUDY

Done the law notes i set myself haha and doing a past paper question on it after my lunch :ahee:
Reply 57
Original post by SadRedWhale
I try and get it out of the way in the morning, so do a past paper starting at like 7:30am, take half an hour break, mark it, write out corrections on to cards, read through notes for an hour, and then do a past paper for a different subject in the afternoon, doing the same. It works well for me :smile: I'm always too lazy to do anything in the evening with everyone in the house...

Who's awake at half 7? :tongue:
and that plan wouldn't work so well for my subjects Law there's not always a set answer and quite hard to mark yourself, think i'm going to do a load of questions this week though and get my teacher to mark them next week and with economics i can't do past papers because it's based on a pre release i just have to keep going though the essays my teacher gave me and do notes and write them out over and over haha, that will be fun :redface:
I do nowhere near what I should be doing... I am in the unfortunate stage where I'm bricking it for my exams and want to revise, but I still can't motivate myself to do anything.
Reply 59
Original post by thompsonic7
I do nowhere near what I should be doing... I am in the unfortunate stage where I'm bricking it for my exams and want to revise, but I still can't motivate myself to do anything.

Ahah tbh when i start bricking it that's when i properly start working but at the moment because i have two weeks before exams i'm just kinda like 'meh i have plenty of time'.
I'm sure you'll do fine when it comes to it though :smile: whens your first exam?

Quick Reply