The Student Room Group

revision tips?

i have about 5 gcse's coming up. my first 2 are in a month and they are biology b1,2,3 and citizenship. Do you have any revision tips?
for my GCSE's i used a4 paper with big writting for main points on stuff, and stuck it all over my house. then in the exam i'd imagine my house and try and find the paper in my head. sounds a little insane i know but it seemed to work.

and i swear by mind maps, really helps stuff stick in your head.

DO NOT just read your textbook and classwork for hours, it wont sink in, do a little, and then write it down to help absorb the information. bbc bitesize is really good, and you've gotta be careful, cause its not all correct information, but had i not linked my friend stuff from youtube, he wouldn't have passed his chemistry exams, if you get something trustworthy, like "mindbites" youtube is gold.

good luck, you'll do great!
Reply 2
If you want revision tips on what NOT to do, I've got a TSR vlog panel video up on http://www.youtube.com/user/mantiscore2 which is sort of aimed at GCSE and A Level revision. Threw in a few tips on what to do as well but I'm not a model student so I'd check out the other vlogs on the revision forum, they're helpful! Good luck!
Reply 3
Original post by A.Keating

i have about 5 gcse's coming up. my first 2 are in a month and they are biology b1,2,3 and citizenship. Do you have any revision tips?

Hi, theres a page up here Revision Tips on TSR
for people to share revision tips. I didn't know about the smell recall thing until I read it.
Its a wiki page so any members can click edit at the top and add their own. Good luck with your GCSEs
Reply 4
Read. Note. Read. Remember. Note. Check. my kwik method
Reply 5
have apoo
Reply 6

http://socyberty.com/psychology/finding-the-motivation-to-study-or-revise/
hope it helps :smile:
Reply 7
Have you tried looking for study apps? There are lots on iTunes. Try www.DrSwot.com AQA P1a is free. The Biology one is good too. Less boring than just using books. There are some study games on iTunes too but they cover subjects that we havent which is annoying. Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending