The Student Room Group

Mature Students Applying for University 2012

Hello

Thought I'll create a thread for 2012 folks applying for university this year.

After much consideration I'll be applying for science foundation course as it just much easier than having to find the money to do access course and quicker than going through the open university since I already have A levels. I'm 19 now but the curse of having a birthday in September I will be 21 when I start.

so state:

What are you studying?
What universities do you plan to apply for?
What do you want to do at university?
What is your favorite snack? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi!

I'll be applying to university at the end of this year, and am just starting an access course to Health & Social Care at Birmingham Metropolitan College.

I plan to study Paramedic Science at either Birmingham City University, Stafford or Coventry.

My favourite snack... hmmm... has to be chilli mature cheddar cheese on crackers. NOM! (The glass of port to wash it down with wouldn't go amiss either!) :smile:
Original post by scotton86
Hi!

I'll be applying to university at the end of this year, and am just starting an access course to Health & Social Care at Birmingham Metropolitan College.

I plan to study Paramedic Science at either Birmingham City University, Stafford or Coventry.

My favourite snack... hmmm... has to be chilli mature cheddar cheese on crackers. NOM! (The glass of port to wash it down with wouldn't go amiss either!) :smile:

Paramedic Science sounds pretty cool. I would love to own a Stethoscope.:colondollar:

I love cheese and crackers just had some.
Reply 3
Original post by chicagowonderland
Paramedic Science sounds pretty cool. I would love to own a Stethoscope.:colondollar:

:wink: It's all about the Stethoscope!
Do you feel nervous about your access course?
Reply 5
Hi I've just finished my first year of my part time access and can't wait to start my 2nd year next month:smile:

I am hoping to go to Coventry uni in 2012 to study occupational therapy. I'm a very mature student at the ripe old age of 37!
Original post by sarahp
Hi I've just finished my first year of my part time access and can't wait to start my 2nd year next month:smile:

I am hoping to go to Coventry uni in 2012 to study occupational therapy. I'm a very mature student at the ripe old age of 37!

Hello Sarah :biggrin:

This thread is slowly very slowly taking off.

Do occupational therapists gets Stethoscopes? If not what is the coolest equipment that a therapist holds?

What is your favourite snack as well?
Reply 7
Here is a question, I am applying for uni as well in 2012, but not sure what to regard myself as, muture or not as I am 20 now and turn 21 in April therefor if I get into uni, for that coming september would I be regarding as muture or is it regarding by ucas via when you apply, im not sure as the universitys I have seen say 21 lol but I turn 21 befor I start, I finshed college and studying with the ou at the moment. :-)
You would be consider a mature student since you would be 21 when you start your course.
Reply 9
Im starting an access course in sept studying history, geography and environmental issues/earth sciences.
Hoping to start at university of Bristol or Bournemouth in 2012 studying archaeology and anthropology. Cant wait to start...want sept to hurry up!
Original post by godsangel
Im starting an access course in sept studying history, geography and environmental issues/earth sciences.
Hoping to start at university of Bristol or Bournemouth in 2012 studying archaeology and anthropology. Cant wait to start...want sept to hurry up!

Time seems to be going slowly. Have you been able to start going over the material for your course?
Reply 11
hi guys

my name is leanna i am 23 and just finished an access to medicine and medical bio sciences. Did pretty well, got an equal amount of distinctions and merits (got lazy @ the end of the year ).

I've just got into Westminster uni to study biomedical science ! yay.

I want to do a placement year @ uni (they only pick 8 out of 60 or so students).

favorite snack : custard cream biscuits. when i have time to chill out.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 12
i was sent some info from the college on what i'll be learning in each subject so ive kinda just been looking at the basics of that. I need to do well tho coz the course i want to do is really hard to get into apparently
Reply 13
Hi!

ooh, I'm doing the same course at the same college!... what campus will you be at?

I'm planning on studying Speech and Language Therapy at Birmingham City University, or Manchester / DMU / Leeds.

favourite snack? too many to list :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by aisha_12
ooh, I'm doing the same course at the same college!... what campus will you be at?

Hiya,

I'll be at the main Sutton Campus. Going to the enrollment day on the 22nd August :smile:
Reply 15
Hiya,

I'll be at the main Sutton Campus. Going to the enrollment day on the 22nd August :smile:

Ooh I see, I'll be at the Matthew Boulton Campus, I enroll on the 18th... or the 16th, I really should check :rolleyes:

Best of luck with that anyway!
Hey

I'm Suzie and I'm 22. I start an access to science course on the 29th August and want to study biological science at either Edinburgh Uni, Napier or Heriot Watt in 2012. Favourite snack.... not sure!
Reply 17
I'm 38. I will be doing Cert HE in Legal Methods at Birkbeck, London this October. I will be doing Law in 2012. Where? I don't know yet, but anywhere without a LNAT demand.
Original post by kalistella
I'm 38. I will be doing Cert HE in Legal Methods at Birkbeck, London this October. I will be doing Law in 2012. Where? I don't know yet, but anywhere without a LNAT demand.

LNAT prepartion seems to make people crazy. Can't blame you for avoiding it. :smile:
Hi all!!!!!!!!!!! im 41 and doing access to social work at walsall college applying at birmingham city/ wolves uni, any advice would br GREAT!!, oh and my fave snack is crackers mature cheddar and chilli jam x

Quick Reply

Latest