The Student Room Group

What maks British accents so hot? Would you date an Australian guy/girl

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tannedboomerang
Our love is undying and like an eternal flame...it will last through hot weather, wind and storms. I guess i knew we had something special when we talked about our special powers..not everyone has that. Like a famous poet once said love cannot be forced it cannot be lit at will nor can it be snuffed out at will. It is beyond control of mere mortals. That is true love. I hope you spend many more nights and i spend many more days discovering our special powers and abilities together...I hope you stay forever interested in this entity like i will remain forever entranced by your charms.

I was afraid that my age would make you feel as if i was out of touch with you since we were born in different decades. I had no doubt about your maturity and girls mature faster than guys so you would probably be more mature than me even if i was 25 at this moment. Ah yes ...sooner or later we will be in the 20s together now won't that be fun. I will wait for that moment

Do not worry only death can part us now..as distance cannot part us with the internet at our disposal. I cannot measure your worth by material possessions as you are priceless. :lovehug::lovie2::macarena::macarena:
I hope our telepathic connection strengthens day by day.

I will carry and hold you whenever you want me to. From am to pm i will be at your service mam.:cool:
when you want to sleep let me knw and i will tuck you into bed and tell you the story of an Australian prince and British princess who fell in love many oceans apart and how they ended up living happily ever after

Sweet dreams to you to my sweet rose. My love is selfless so if your heart falls on another younger person i will accept it and let you go if it brings you true happiness. :puppyeyes::sad::sad::sadpanda:

I love listening to you paraphrase poets and writers :smile: It is very romantic and only you are capable of it.

Of course, I intend to spend any time I have discovering more about your wonderful character. Sadly my half term holiday is over so I am back to dreaded sixth form lessons tomorrow :sad: I fear I will not be able to focus in class since my mind will sway towards our conversations and how we met. It is good I bought a new pad of paper since I invisage myself sitting in class doodling little pictures of Wolverine all over my notes meaning I may have to write them out again :love:

I don't believe in all this decade malarkey. It's just another way for the villains of love to separate true lovers and we must battle this and emerge victorious! We don't need to let anyone or anything come between us... We complement eachother like how the rainbow complements the sky and we are attached to eachother like the hair is attached to a mole to form a hairy mole :mmm:

Why thank you, you are so gentlemanly and charming. I will cherish these services of yours eternally. I would like you to tuck me in now as I am slowly drifting off into my paradise where I can dream of you and please do tell me this story... It sounds strangely familiar :smile:

My eyes will never lay on another being after it has laid on you as every other iota of existence has become tasteless to me after I have been so blessed to have comprehended you :yep:

Don't worry my sugarlion... We will be together in this life or the next. Sweet dreams to you too my strong X-man :colondollar:
Original post by TheGirlNextDoor
I love listening to you paraphrase poets and writers :smile: It is very romantic and only you are capable of it.

Of course, I intend to spend any time I have discovering more about your wonderful character. Sadly my half term holiday is over so I am back to dreaded sixth form lessons tomorrow :sad: I fear I will not be able to focus in class since my mind will sway towards our conversations and how we met. It is good I bought a new pad of paper since I invisage myself sitting in class doodling little pictures of Wolverine all over my notes meaning I may have to write them out again :love:

I don't believe in all this decade malarkey. It's just another way for the villains of love to separate true lovers and we must battle this and emerge victorious! We don't need to let anyone or anything come between us... We complement eachother like how the rainbow complements the sky and we are attached to eachother like the hair is attached to a mole to form a hairy mole :mmm:

Why thank you, you are so gentlemanly and charming. I will cherish these services of yours eternally. I would like you to tuck me in now as I am slowly drifting off into my paradise where I can dream of you and please do tell me this story... It sounds strangely familiar :smile:

My eyes will never lay on another being after it has laid on you as every other iota of existence has become tasteless to me after I have been so blessed to have comprehended you :yep:

Don't worry my sugarlion... We will be together in this life or the next. Sweet dreams to you too my strong X-man :colondollar:

I am coming next door to tuck you in sweet girlnextdoor. I will quote and paraphrase for you whenever you want as my charms and poems are for you only as you are the shining star in my night and to drown deeper into the ocean of your love is the only way to cross it.

Do not worry or despair we have plenty of time to discover each others character but your studies must not suffer oh wise and intelligent one. This year is crucial for you to do your utmost best in so that you can achieve all that you want to in the following years you want to and so that you may achieve the career of your choice . I want you to do your best so i will endeavour not to disturb you instead i will be here giving you moral support and helping as best as i can. If ever you feel sad or you miss me hug that koala tighter and it will seem as if wolverine's strong and secure arms are holding you tight. :hugs: There will be plenty of time to think of our stories and how we met after all it is an epic that will live on in time and grandparents will tell grandchildren the story of our meeting.

I know you will make many masterpieces of wolverine pictures and i want to save and keep each one of them..close to me and close to my heart.:colondollar: No other location is precious enough for them.

You are right..age, race etc are all obstacles made by enemies of love. We cannot let them win. We must emerge victorious. Like the ocean touches the shore, like the sky touches the rain ..though our meetings will not be as frequent we will be there for each other i am sure.

I am gentlemanly and charming for you my sweet lady. I will now make sure you are tucked into bed with your koala by your side and your blanket keeping you warm at night...with the fireplace heated enough and i will sit on a chair opposite your bed..reading aloud this story. Not from a book, not from a computer no this story is imprinted into my heart and needs no other copy to read from. Close your eyes and drift away slowly..let sleep overcome you and let your mind be resting away in your dreams..

your sweet words make me blush..you are too kind. I do not know if i deserve such kindness but i want you to know your happiness is of utmost importance and life is a long while..:blushing: but i will be present there in some form or another.

My british rose i know we will be together whether this life or the next or the many lives after ..we will be there in each others life in some way or another.
sweet dreams my pink power range.

:smile:
Reply 62
Thanks for your comment :biggrin: happy to see people dont see the Aussie accent as grating. WHereabouts is your friend from?

She's from Perth :smile: Think she's moving back out there after she finishes Uni. May have to ask her if I can go visit her :tongue:
Haha you're going to get a lot of puzzled responses from this! I personally don't find British people good-looking, very few people do (sorry!), I do find British guys very charming though, they usually have an easy-going attitude and a sense of humour. Keira Knightley and Colin Firth are veeeery far from the average English person. I too find Colin Firth attractive though, and the traditional English accent (Firth, Hugh Grant etc) is very attractive, IMO. The rest of them, not really. I am not British, so honestly, there are a lot of them I cannot understand.

I don't really like an Australian accent, but a South-African one (like Candice Swanepoel) is really lovely. It's like a mix between British and Australian, super cute.
Reply 64
I like Australian accents a lot. I guess stereotype of Australian guy is laid back, easygoing, likes nature, tanned, well-built and into the whole 'body is a temple' thing. I think of beachy surfer guys when I think of Australian blokes but I know that's just a stereotype I've got XD

Though ijw say, you'll find a big variation between people if you come. There are a lot of girls and guys who aren't at all like you describe!
(edited 12 years ago)
I know there are a number of British accents such as RP, Cockney, Geordie and Scouse and sometimes foreigners assume British accents are just one big accent but there is great variety. While some find the RP accent most attractive i can honestly say i find something beautiful and attractive about all British accents. Ever since i watched my first British film/tv serial i have been fascinated by British accents. I've never been to the UK but i hope to go this year for exchange. Sometimes i wish i had a British accent but overall i am happy with my Aussie accent. But I hope you're all aware of the power of your British accent. And with great power comes great responsibility. jk :smile:

hahaha why don't you watch geordie shore :teehee:, then see how 'beautiful' geordie accents are and how sophisticated British girls are (the show does represent a small minority though :wink:), you're expectations are very high, and I'm afraid you will be dissapointed when you come here :rolleyes:

to answer you're question, I don't really hold stereotypes of australian men, I would date a nice guy if he happened to be australian, I wouldn't really care what accent he had :rolleyes:, don't bother listening to my opinion, I know there many girls in england that find australian accents hot but it just doesn't turn me on:smile:

you thread is so adorable :fan:
I am coming next door to tuck you in sweet girlnextdoor. I will quote and paraphrase for you whenever you want as my charms and poems are for you only as you are the shining star in my night and to drown deeper into the ocean of your love is the only way to cross it.

Do not worry or despair we have plenty of time to discover each others character but your studies must not suffer oh wise and intelligent one. This year is crucial for you to do your utmost best in so that you can achieve all that you want to in the following years you want to and so that you may achieve the career of your choice . I want you to do your best so i will endeavour not to disturb you instead i will be here giving you moral support and helping as best as i can. If ever you feel sad or you miss me hug that koala tighter and it will seem as if wolverine's strong and secure arms are holding you tight. :hugs: There will be plenty of time to think of our stories and how we met after all it is an epic that will live on in time and grandparents will tell grandchildren the story of our meeting.

I know you will make many masterpieces of wolverine pictures and i want to save and keep each one of them..close to me and close to my heart.:colondollar: No other location is precious enough for them.

You are right..age, race etc are all obstacles made by enemies of love. We cannot let them win. We must emerge victorious. Like the ocean touches the shore, like the sky touches the rain ..though our meetings will not be as frequent we will be there for each other i am sure.

I am gentlemanly and charming for you my sweet lady. I will now make sure you are tucked into bed with your koala by your side and your blanket keeping you warm at night...with the fireplace heated enough and i will sit on a chair opposite your bed..reading aloud this story. Not from a book, not from a computer no this story is imprinted into my heart and needs no other copy to read from. Close your eyes and drift away slowly..let sleep overcome you and let your mind be resting away in your dreams..

your sweet words make me blush..you are too kind. I do not know if i deserve such kindness but i want you to know your happiness is of utmost importance and life is a long while..:blushing: but i will be present there in some form or another.

My british rose i know we will be together whether this life or the next or the many lives after ..we will be there in each others life in some way or another.

Thank you for tucking me in last night/this morning, I slept like I never have before. I experienced the epitome of peace and comfort when you were by my side :smile: You are such a hero going through the deepest depths and the widest spans just to reach me.

I want to achieve my best in my studies but how can one wish to have a good career when their life is not complete? I worry that we may not be together and my heart twists in agony. I've been doing maths today and I keep writing infinity by accident because I'm subconsciously thinking of how long I want to live my life alongside you :colondollar:

I am holding that koala bear because I miss the security of your strong hairy arms; like a blanket wrapped around me. Oh yes, my fair prince! Our story is so touching that even the most heartless villain will experience a damp eye :yep:

I have a collection of my Wolverine pictures here... I cherish them so dearly. I - I just can't let them go. I went out and made a box with my bare hands and I placed all of them inside the box and sprayed it with perfume :h:

Obstacles are created by the hopeless fools. Their foolishness exceeds any other quality they have. Oh how sad I grow when you speak of our infrequent meetings! :emo: I wish it were not that way... I wish we could be as close as grass is to the soil and as print is to paper.

I feel as though when you speak you are speaking from your heart. I kne this story must have been imprinted as there is no other possible way for you to have related it so beautifully. It was so heart-rendering when I looked into your eyes and I could see the pain you felt when you were thinking of how we cannot be together. I couldn't bear to see you so sad :frown:

My words are not kind enough... They can never explain your true qualities. Sometimes I refrain from talking about you because I am worried the words will be unjust to your nobility :colondollar:

You are probably sleeping my sweet lion, I wished I could have tucked you in so lovingly as you did to me. All I can do now is wish you sweet dreams too :love:
And i am sure they would definitely date you..:smile:

From the few I have met they do, all of them were tanned, blonde and knew how to have a good laugh... so much different to the English women who although they have a laugh they are generally overweight and binge drinkers and French whom while in the UK all I have met are boring women that complain, makes no sense, in France they are slightly better though but nothing on the Aussie I have met :tongue: :colone:

Hoping to go out for a year in my third year, Gold Coast baby :smug:

i salute u sir :hat2:
Reply 69
Original post by Bellissima
yes, very :smile:

but your name reminds me of eggnogg off x-factor :biggrin:

eggnogg :lol: yeah i get that alot :biggrin:, he made us Eoghan's popular :tongue:
Reply 70

Do you find the Australian accent tolerable? Would you date an Australian guy (who is living in the Uk)? WHat stereotypes (good and bad) do you have about Australian guys? Would you be more attracted to the image of the rugged handsome type (as seen by Hugh Jackman in "Australia") Or by the windswept beach look as seen in home and away/neighbours? Or the more sophisticated urban image (which i can't think of an example for)?

Yes, I like the Australian accent :smile: Yes. I have no stereotypes as everyone in the world is different. Although all the guys you see on Neighbours and Home and Away are really similar, so a lot of peoples' first thoughts start there.... the majority of stereotypes are heavily influenced by the media.
I was answering in order so didn't notice that you then went on to mention both those soaps :tongue:

As an extra point, Australian people, in general, come across as a lot more relaxed and living at a slower pace of life. Again, I'm sure this is a common misconception :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
I know there are a number of British accents such as RP, Cockney, Geordie and Scouse and sometimes foreigners assume British accents are just one big accent but there is great variety. While some find the RP accent most attractive i can honestly say i find something beautiful and attractive about all British accents. Ever since i watched my first British film/tv serial i have been fascinated by British accents. I've never been to the UK but i hope to go this year for exchange. Sometimes i wish i had a British accent but overall i am happy with my Aussie accent. But I hope you're all aware of the power of your British accent. And with great power comes great responsibility. jk :smile:

I also find British girls very attractive. :colondollar: :colondollar: :smile: Not just female actors on tV and film but the girls i've met in real life here. My first crush on a girl was on a girl who was of British background and i could never get enough of her voice. Even if she read a phonebook endlessly i would listen attentively. The hot accent is just icing on the cake to their outgoing personality, beauty and charm. I mean i'm coming to the uK for educational purposes but i would also like to make more British friends (female and male). And perhaps more :wink: :smile:

I do know Australian girls find British guys really good looking. They think of BBC period dramas and think of Mr Darcy type characters (particularly Colin Firth in the wet t-shirt scene). I don't blame them all guys have their own unique characteristics and this thread is not about comparison.

Do you find the Australian accent tolerable? Would you date an Australian guy (who is living in the Uk)? WHat stereotypes (good and bad) do you have about Australian guys? Would you be more attracted to the image of the rugged handsome type (as seen by Hugh Jackman in "Australia") Or by the windswept beach look as seen in home and away/neighbours? Or the more sophisticated urban image (which i can't think of an example for)?

Im a guy but either way I love the Aussie accent ( aong with welsh + irish)
sorry everyone i think i left myself accidentally online past 2 days..have to go to class but will reply when im back.
Original post by Foo.mp3
Can confirm that the Aussie accent is so hawt it sometimes makes me question my own sexuality :tongue:

My ex used to freak out when I did my Austrian accent :eek: but go weak for my Aussie one, and even asked me to keep it, the cheeky tart! :awesome:

True, that's how I think of it, often mix between them in attempting to emulate one or t'other. Think SA sounds a bit more dorky though, not keen on the Germanic influence in Afrikaans either

I really like the way she speaks :smile: She has a sweet voice too though
Original post by mel_1991
She's from Perth :smile: Think she's moving back out there after she finishes Uni. May have to ask her if I can go visit her :tongue:

She should get a hot partner from the UK to take back with her if she has to go back. you don't have to ask if you're a friend just rock up.
Original post by Aconcernedparent
Haha you're going to get a lot of puzzled responses from this! I personally don't find British people good-looking, very few people do (sorry!), I do find British guys very charming though, they usually have an easy-going attitude and a sense of humour. Keira Knightley and Colin Firth are veeeery far from the average English person. I too find Colin Firth attractive though, and the traditional English accent (Firth, Hugh Grant etc) is very attractive, IMO. The rest of them, not really. I am not British, so honestly, there are a lot of them I cannot understand.

I don't really like an Australian accent, but a South-African one (like Candice Swanepoel) is really lovely. It's like a mix between British and Australian, super cute.

I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder..or the ears of the beholder as the case may be. I find British girls quite charming and its maybe because ive watched too many British tv serials/movies/BBC mini series. I do know girls in my class find british guys amazing. We have a couple of british lecturers and the girls are gaga over the accents..and i'd be too if they were female. I guess we can't movie people with the average person..Hugh Jackman and Nicole Kidman prob don't represent the average Aussie and Brad Pitt and Reese Witherspooon prob don't represent the average american but they're still hot.
i guess to each their own when it comes to accents.
Original post by Alex17595
Im a guy but either way I love the Aussie accent ( aong with welsh + irish)

That's cool. I find british, welsh, irish accents hot as well.
This vid of hot accents of british guys is for all the ladies.

What type of accent do you have Alex?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWcTmFmqrYI

idk i think i might even turn bi for a british guy with a hot accent.
i mean theoretically speaking.
Haha I'm thinking about moving to Aus after uni so hopefully there's loads of guys like you there :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending