The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1160
Original post by eva91
To anyone waiting to hear off BCU, they said that it could be another 2weeks to get your decision back x:eek:

how do u think i feel, i was promised an interview month ago and still not had it lol
Reply 1161
Original post by cicifire
Yeah I think Leeds have been quite harsh, when I went for interview they said they had over 600 applicants and were only giving interviews to 200 people and out of those 200, 50 will get places. I think they were quite picky and I think what kept me in the running was the fact I am doing Physics and Biology. They say I won't find out until April if I have been accepted, I just hate waiting lol.

I think it is looking quite likely that I will go to Teeside too. I live in Alnwick so at the moment it's my closest one. How close are you to Teeside?

C :wink:

Hi cici. just saw that u are from alnwick im from amle. teeside was going to be my first choice but i a didnt even get an interview i was gutted. got an interveiw cumbria so hoping to get a place there. But im so anxious incase i dont .
Reply 1162
Original post by hello123450
has anyone been sent an e-mail from City in the past couple days?
i got one today about Monday 12th March ''Showcase Day''
im kind of confused, bcos they have given me a condtional, but they talk about this day as a selection day ( but i sppose there are other health courses coming along too...)

Anyways, who's going :smile:? i am, but i dont think ill bring my mum or dad this time cos my dad's come with me to City before and its only a train ride away from me in Kent... :'), kind of daunting for me but hey ho, i gotta ventrue into the real world someday =]
ANDDDD im kinda scared to give them the original copies of my GCSE's and passport!?!!! D:

Yep i got the email from city, is it just like an open day because it says 'selection day' on the form?! xx
Reply 1163
Original post by Dave_c1980
Conditional offer from St Georges :smile:

Me too! yayy! :smile:
Reply 1164
Yeah I think Leeds have been quite harsh, when I went for interview they said they had over 600 applicants and were only giving interviews to 200 people and out of those 200, 50 will get places. I think they were quite picky and I think what kept me in the running was the fact I am doing Physics and Biology. They say I won't find out until April if I have been accepted, I just hate waiting lol.

I think it is looking quite likely that I will go to Teeside too. I live in Alnwick so at the moment it's my closest one. How close are you to Teeside?

C :wink:

Sorry that was meant to say Amble...
Reply 1165
Got my conditional from Teesside today :biggrin:

The admissions tutor rang to tell me because someone has made a balls of my ucas, and I might get an unsuccessful through instead of the conditional!
Reply 1166
Original post by daisyw
Hi cici. just saw that u are from alnwick im from amle. teeside was going to be my first choice but i a didnt even get an interview i was gutted. got an interveiw cumbria so hoping to get a place there. But im so anxious incase i dont .

Hey,

Teeside was better than I expected but I have interview at Cumbria too on 28th March, when is yours?

Do you plan to move to whichever uni you get accepted at? I have family so I will be taking very long drives to get there. Teeside is about 1 and a half hours down the A1 for me. Amble must be a similar distance away.

Don't worry about the interview at Cumbria, a few people in my class at college have said it's so laid back, more like an informal chat.

C:smile:
Reply 1167
Original post by ellbean
Yep i got the email from city, is it just like an open day because it says 'selection day' on the form?! xx

Yea I got a email just saying I have been shortlisted but no dates yet..Its been 3 weeks :frown:
Anyone not yet had an interview from hertfordshire????
Reply 1169
Original post by hello123450
Oh, good luck with Herts! :smile: Ive only had one other interview, and it was at Herts- they're all really lovely there so nothing to worry about! :smile:
haha yeaah, see you on Saturday! :P

What type of questions did they ask u in herts?
Reply 1170
Anyone had any offers from Queen Margaret? or radiotherapy and oncology at glasgow caledonian ?
Reply 1171
Hey,

Teeside was better than I expected but I have interview at Cumbria too on 28th March, when is yours?

Do you plan to move to whichever uni you get accepted at? I have family so I will be taking very long drives to get there. Teeside is about 1 and a half hours down the A1 for me. Amble must be a similar distance away.

Don't worry about the interview at Cumbria, a few people in my class at college have said it's so laid back, more like an informal chat.

C:smile:

Mine is the 28th too :smile: its the not getting in at all that im really worried about more than anything. I was upset that i didnt get an interveiw at teeside, but came round to the idea as cumbria do alot of placement at wansbeck which will be handy. Im going to live in accom but come back at the weekends as i have horses. to be honest i should have sold them for uni but circumstances have changed and i cant do that. I thought about travelling too. I think cumbria is about 1hour 35 mins. how have you done on your access course?
Reply 1172
Has anybody else got into she ffield hallam??:smile:
Reply 1173
hi everyone... i am a new user here. got an interview at bcu for radiography. not sure what kind of questions they ask? need a bit of help.
Reply 1174
Original post by nivenmcm
Anyone had any offers from Queen Margaret? or radiotherapy and oncology at glasgow caledonian ?

I've applied for radiography at both QMU and Caledonian and still not heard anything. Starting to drive me a bit loopy now!:s-smilie:
Reply 1175
Original post by gazal
hi everyone... i am a new user here. got an interview at bcu for radiography. not sure what kind of questions they ask? need a bit of help.

Well it's just a short individual interview. Mine lasted about 10 minutes but might differ depending on who interviews you. I was asked questions about why I wanted to do the course, what qualities I think a radiographer shoukd have, what I understand about radiography, examples of working in a team, why I would choose BCU, so nothing out of the ordinary. Good luck!

Applied to both of these for radiotherapy and not heard from any :frown: apparently glasgow aren't replying until mid march, so a couple of weeks to go (hopefully!) And I haven't a clue about QMU, not heard a thing :frown:
Original post by ellbean

not 100% sure tbh..
but i think its just to look around properly this time, bcos they said i have a conditional offer, so im assuming that its to meet people and lecturers and give them my details like GCSE's etc
x
Original post by J3551CA
Ellie,

I made such an effort and really wanted it to go well as it's my nearest uni. My question was "Tell the group about a problem you have faced and how you overcome it?" nothing to do with radiography. I just didn't have a good example. The other people in the group had better questions in my opinion. They only asked me that one question. It's not looking to promising for me :-(

There was loads of applicants there. We were packed like sardines. Parents and students were separated straight away. The course sounds really good. About 18 places in total and one of the other ladies said they wanted 30 credits at distinction from the access course which I won't get anyway. I'm hoping I can get 24 credits at merit so I can go to Birmingham city.

Good luck for your interview! What will, be will be! x

18 places in total??? :/
Reply 1179

Original post by atkinr2
I've applied for radiography at both QMU and Caledonian and still not heard anything. Starting to drive me a bit loopy now!:s-smilie:

QMU replied around first week of March, last year so hopefully we won't have to wait much longer :smile:

Latest