The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gallium
nice pb man, i deadlfit pretty much like you except i drop my hips alot, but soon as i pull my hips rise to fast.

think i finally started adapting to higher volume training, no longer getting crazy doms in my legs.

what do you think of high volume deadlfit, i have a buddy who every dl session works upto a max from the floor and then after pulls off the highest box and goes for singles on that then finally he drops a plate each side and does a few reps untill his left with nothing.

It's not something I do personally but if he's getting stronger then who cares.
Reply 101
I have a really good deadlift programme involving rack pulls and deficit pulls if anyone wants it. Improved my PB by 20kg...
Reply 102
Original post by Becca
I have a really good deadlift programme involving rack pulls and deficit pulls if anyone wants it. Improved my PB by 20kg...

can you share the 'deficit' part of the programme, off the floor is were i struggle at, improved my form greatly recently. will upload vids soon

any difference between box deadlifts and rack pulls?
If you struggle to lift the bar off of the floor, then you're not strong enough to deadlift it and you'll have to pick a lighter weight.

Regarding rack pulls, here's a good post about them from 70sbig.
Or you could explore modifying your technique.

I was **** off the floor till I started round back pulling, now it flies off the floor, but lockout is harder :P

Sumo perhaps too.

Original post by Gallium
can you share the 'deficit' part of the programme, off the floor is were i struggle at, improved my form greatly recently. will upload vids soon

Reply 105
Original post by Gallium

Well it's mixed in with normal pulls and rack pulls (which is from a hight so probably what you call box deadlifts)...It's on an excel file so I can't really be bothered to type it out :p:

It's the bit called "markløft". You put in your target at the top in the bit that says "markløft mål". There's a bench programme on there too, which is also good.
Reply 106
Original post by redbuthotter
Or you could explore modifying your technique.

I was **** off the floor till I started round back pulling, now it flies off the floor, but lockout is harder :P

Sumo perhaps too.

uploading 2 new vids, so you guys can see. i think my technique is way better now.

one vids a heavyish 155x3 and the other one is 170x1 which was my second single for the day.
Reply 107

skip to 1:10 on the second vid

any feedback would be much appreciated.
I changed from a conventional deadlift to a sumo deadlift, it just felt like a more natural movement to me, whilst the conventional deadlift felt awkward.
Reply 109
Original post by Becca
Well it's mixed in with normal pulls and rack pulls (which is from a hight so probably what you call box deadlifts)...It's on an excel file so I can't really be bothered to type it out :p:

It's the bit called "markløft". You put in your target at the top in the bit that says "markløft mål". There's a bench programme on there too, which is also good.

the bench programme looks pretty awesome!
20kg on your deadlfit in 8 weeks is pretty awesome!

Damn.
Reply 111
Original post by Michael XYZ

Damn.

Beautiful form, your start position looks like a clean pull lol. Not the most powerful though, because of the beauty.

Original post by Gallium

skip to 1:10 on the second vid

any feedback would be much appreciated.
Reply 113
Beautiful form, your start position looks like a clean pull lol. Not the most powerful though, because of the beauty.

is this real life? being sarcastic? lool. yeah man this form i feel good but i'm not as strong knocked a bit off my deadlift.

nothing glaringly wrong i guess?
100% srs, its safe and textbook in terms of beginner technique.

Only small technical thing is maybe you look too high? Not a problem at all, just a very minor thing.

However like you said with good form (I'd prefer to use the word "safe", what is "good"? lol) you take a hit on how powerful you are. I mean small things like ****ing the bar when it passes your knees and pulling back could help.

Or you could explore the route me and U4MIR go down and thats introducing bull**** form in order to pull heavier weights. Its not for everyone and it could hurt you. But lifes short, so you may wanna try at some time :P

Original post by Gallium
is this real life? being sarcastic? lool. yeah man this form i feel good but i'm not as strong knocked a bit off my deadlift.

nothing glaringly wrong i guess?
This is what I mean by bull****

I can't explain how/why it works and why I feel good/better doing it this way, in fact I get near 0 doms after that pull.
Reply 116
Original post by Michael XYZ
Well I'm assuming you are a beginner so it doesn't really matter as long as you keep pushing.

Yeah I am a beginner I was really just wandering if this was a stupidly light weight for OHP and if I needed to eat more.
Reply 118
Original post by bax121
Yeah I am a beginner I was really just wandering if this was a stupidly light weight for OHP and if I needed to eat more.

keep at it and eat, what i did to get my ohp moving was up the weight anyway even if i missed 2-3 of my total 25 reps i'd move the weight up 2 consecutive session then reset back to the weight i failed. also yif you fail your last set say you get 5,5,5,5,3 just do another set of 2 so you have 25 total reps.
This is what I mean by bull****

I can't explain how/why it works and why I feel good/better doing it this way, in fact I get near 0 doms after that pull.

Roundback in that video wasn't as extreme as this one dawg..

Do you seriously not get any acute pain post lifting?

Latest