The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

We only got 2 weeks off at Easter..boo.

Not had time for revision as we had three assignments to do..

Done one..fully referenced..finished

Done all the writing in one, need to format reference list properly. Also need one graph doing because I have an older version of Excel and it wont accept my x-axis, where as a friend with excel 2010(something like that) says it works fine for her. She said she'd do it but it's a been a few days and no reply...need it before Friday haha.

Finally the BIG assignment. I still have one ethical theory to analyse yet I'm already at the word count (well only 300 more words to use, I need double that). So I'll write that up this evening after I go cinema then try and chop out 200 words or so from the whole thing..

I also have a computer test Thursday...cramming the theory questions we could get asked on Wednesday and Thursday morning (test is at 2pm, got a 4hr break after first lecture).

Then after that..two more assignments and three exams coming up...oh joy.
I need 4,000 words by tonight. Currently up to 2,373.

Going to the library tomorrow to print it out so that I can see all the pages side by side and scrutinise them. Then I'll get started on the next 5,000. Postivityyyyy. :/
Ok, I'm back in Southampton and I've finished all of the graphs and images for my dissertation. There is one more which I might make but it's not urgent at this point and it's going to be in the appendix anyway so it can wait. Anyway, I'm going to make lunch/dinner now cos I'm hungry and then after dinner it's time to insert graphs and proof read, edit etc. what I've written so far. Basically, get it to a finished state. If I can do that I want to start the geology article.
Eugh, £15 late charge for completely forgetting to pay my Littlewoods
Today has been a semi-waste. My exam is in a week.

Love how our uni make us study photosynthesis in a biomedical science course. ._.
Urgh. I was supposed to do some work on my day off from work. I have done approximately nothing...
Have done approximately 150 words since 5 o clock, at the moment that is a good day... sigh
Reply 1947
:banghead: can't. do. this. essay. So I'm watching Hunger Games (at least I'm productive in finding a good cam version of that online. :rolleyes: )
Just under 3,000. ****. According to my schedule I need 5,000 by midnight tomorrow, so I was supposed to get 4,000 by midnight tonight. I need to either do an allnighter tonight to get 4,000 or I get up early and go to the library tomorrow and work my ****ing arse of all day to get 5,000. Maybe I ought to do both and see what happens. :nothing:
Dissertation status:
All diagrams (except 2 I realised I need and haven't made yet) in
Methods mostly complete with a few details needed
intro ok but ideally needs expansion
discussion, good up until the bit where it just stops - needs to be finished!
conclusion not started
all text so far edited, proofread and good to go

Action plan for tomorrow:
sort out the thing I was stuck on to see if I was just being an idiot or whether it's actually wrong
see supervisor about stuck thing and also to get other paper/details
continue writing on discussion and try to finish it.
Word count by tomorrow 6000 words at min (800 for the day)
Some start on geology article as I didn't get a chance to today.

Original post by somethingbeautiful
Just under 3,000. ****. According to my schedule I need 5,000 by midnight tomorrow, so I was supposed to get 4,000 by midnight tonight. I need to either do an allnighter tonight to get 4,000 or I get up early and go to the library tomorrow and work my ****ing arse of all day to get 5,000. Maybe I ought to do both and see what happens. :nothing:

Don't. Just get a good night's sleep and work hard tomorrow. Doing an all nighter knocks you out for ages - it's not worth it unless you absolutely have to. You'll be fine!
Original post by hothedgehog
Dissertation status:
All diagrams (except 2 I realised I need and haven't made yet) in
Methods mostly complete with a few details needed
intro ok but ideally needs expansion
discussion, good up until the bit where it just stops - needs to be finished!
conclusion not started
all text so far edited, proofread and good to go

Action plan for tomorrow:
sort out the thing I was stuck on to see if I was just being an idiot or whether it's actually wrong
see supervisor about stuck thing and also to get other paper/details
continue writing on discussion and try to finish it.
Word count by tomorrow 6000 words at min (800 for the day)
Some start on geology article as I didn't get a chance to today.

Don't. Just get a good night's sleep and work hard tomorrow. Doing an all nighter knocks you out for ages - it's not worth it unless you absolutely have to. You'll be fine!

That sounds really good to me! How much time have you got left? :smile:
Reply 1951
Achieved everything on my list + did some past paper questions...such a constructive day but now I can't sleep :nothing: better half's at their mom's for Easter so my usual tactic of talk myself (and my better half) to sleep is off the table :colondollar:

My new dress is beautiful though :love: found it online, tried it on in store, then spent the rest of the morning looking at every other dress in town, just in case...I waste so much time, but save so much money this way :o: quite glad I have my timetable or I'd have been there all day

Most days I'd just revise until I was tired, but got to be up early again for a workshop

To do tomorrow (not a particularly revision heavy day) :

Library 9-10 for past papers/breakfast
Workshop 10-4
Washing
Revision - small amount of atomic physics
Get work clothes ready
Bed
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by angel_night
That sounds really good to me! How much time have you got left? :smile:

It's due in on Monday and I have a 3000 word article to go with it (unstarted)... panic stations!
Original post by VanillaTwilight
:eek::eek: After hearing your stories.. I should mabye back up my files like now haha cause my own laptop is slowly dying. It is actually a nightmare to work with right now, and I have everything on here including all my lab reports due in.. so I should probably save them on a stick :redface:

glad to know something good has come from it.

I have now set up the borrowed netbook on wireless back at uni... which could be a big mistake!
Trying to get to the library for 10.30 latest
Finally worked out the thing I was stuck on... it was half me being an idiot (got equation the wrong way round) and half it being weird (data peak is not what it appears to be...)
CBA to go library, going see how much work I can get done at home :erm:
Have clearly been hiding from work the entire easter break :emo: starting again today!
Asos has a sale so I'm browsing that instead of revision.

I'm waiting to get the fear... :erm:
Original post by skipp
Achieved everything on my list + did some past paper questions...such a constructive day but now I can't sleep :nothing: better half's at their mom's for Easter so my usual tactic of talk myself (and my better half) to sleep is off the table :colondollar:

My new dress is beautiful though :love: found it online, tried it on in store, then spent the rest of the morning looking at every other dress in town, just in case...I waste so much time, but save so much money this way :o: quite glad I have my timetable or I'd have been there all day

Most days I'd just revise until I was tired, but got to be up early again for a workshop

To do tomorrow (not a particularly revision heavy day) :

Library 9-10 for past papers/breakfast
Workshop 10-4
Washing
Revision - small amount of atomic physics
Get work clothes ready
Bed

Workshop? How? SEPNet I'm assuming?

Still having a week off after the horror of last week. I might only get the fear to encourage my other half to work seeing as he's only a few hours revision ahead of me and his exams start (and end) beginning of May.

Original post by cpdavis
CBA to go library, going see how much work I can get done at home :erm:

Standard student :rolleyes:
(edited 12 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending