The Student Room Group

Higher Geography 2012

Just wondering what everyone's predictions are for the exam?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Optional units: Rural and Industry, Atmosphere and Biosphere.

Rural land degradation: Wind erosion processes, North America RLD physical and human cause, Impact in N.A and methods to combat RLD in Sahel.

Development and Health: differences Between and Within ELDC. Physical and human causes of malaria, controls and benefit of controls. NOT PHC.

Biosphere: hasss to be soil.

Lithosphere: Not coasts

Map question: At least one human question.

These are obviously just predictions and I have revised everything except sand dune succession as the chances of that being 3 years in a row are pretty slim.
I would ****ing love that. ^^^
Reply 3
Does anybody have any decent notes on soil forming processes? I have nothing :frown:
I'll pm you podzol, brownearth and gley tomorrow?

Doubt they are perfect but they should have enough content to score full marks in those types if questions. I got like 16-17/18 in my prelim for biosphere-soils.
Reply 5
I can't thank you enough! I'd probably get about three marks if I tried it just now haha!
Reply 6
Could I get a copy of those soil notes? Mine are rubbish...
Reply 7
I've got some great soil notes if anyone wants them?

edit - Click here to download them.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Could I pls get a copy of these soil notes swell, thanks :smile:
Original post by JaggySnake95
I'll pm you podzol, brownearth and gley tomorrow?

Doubt they are perfect but they should have enough content to score full marks in those types if questions. I got like 16-17/18 in my prelim for biosphere-soils.

Hey would you be able to send me some of your notes on soils? i have no idea about them :frown:
My teacher thinks that it's going to be atmospheric circulation for atmosphere *bangs head on table*. If there's going to be a part b) or something, it's most likely going to be global heat budget which is good because that's the only thing about atmosphere I understand... Limestone is prob defo going to be in it, and for Hydrosphere there's probably going to be a question on 'describe the river and its valley...' plus some formation stuff. For population, we think there might be a pyramid (so basically describe & explain) and stuff like descibe & explain birth rates with graphs. For farming, it'll probably be another choose whichever one you like (fingers crossed for intensive peasant) and for Urban, it looks like describe & explain diff land use and changes in CBD. We basically got a booklet of past paper predictions... 400+ marks worth lol. But don't take my word for it, it may/may not be... I've got some notes for the some of the stuff if anyone's interested?
Reply 11
If someone can please message me brown earth soils and gley soils it will be greatly appreciated.
Original post by eventidexc
My teacher thinks that it's going to be atmospheric circulation for atmosphere *bangs head on table*. If there's going to be a part b) or something, it's most likely going to be global heat budget which is good because that's the only thing about atmosphere I understand... Limestone is prob defo going to be in it, and for Hydrosphere there's probably going to be a question on 'describe the river and its valley...' plus some formation stuff. For population, we think there might be a pyramid (so basically describe & explain) and stuff like descibe & explain birth rates with graphs. For farming, it'll probably be another choose whichever one you like (fingers crossed for intensive peasant) and for Urban, it looks like describe & explain diff land use and changes in CBD. We basically got a booklet of past paper predictions... 400+ marks worth lol. But don't take my word for it, it may/may not be... I've got some notes for the some of the stuff if anyone's interested?

You got notes on land uses within CBD you can send? I have the changes stuff but not land uses...
What is everyone aiming for?
CBD land uses: img047.jpg

Soil profiles for brown earth & podzol:
img048.jpg
img049.jpg

Sorry for the wait, laptop's being slow.
does anyone think sand dune succession will come up since its came up 2 years running or do you think it will be soil profiles??
Original post by sararobson7
does anyone think sand dune succession will come up since its came up 2 years running or do you think it will be soil profiles??

Most likely not. Also wanted to add that glaciers will probably come up for lithosphere or rural land resources, since 2007 was the last time it appeared.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 17
I think it'll be global heat budget and and why the tropical lattitudes recieve more energy...new industry and attraction...Definitley soil....limestone or glaciation....hyrological cycle and fformations (map) ... population i think demographic transition model and the consequences of being in each stage or consequences of age structure and rural and urban i dont know !
Getting quite nervous. I got an A in the prelim with revision the night before but nothing seems to be going in at the moment. :/
Reply 19
I think it will be glacial deposition as this has not appeared in the last 5 years. Limestone, I think, will come up in Rural Land Resources. For atmosphere I think it might be ocean currents and cell circulation however I'm pretty sure it will be the optional question along with biosphere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending