The Student Room Group

IB Results 2012 Panic Thread/Countdown!

Scroll to see replies

one more day to it! my IB coordinator will find out about our results in 2.5 hours! I wonder if he will leak us the results :tongue:
Original post by ChemKate
Does that mean that I may well get my IB results, but still have to wait another month to know whether or not I got in 100%? :eek:

I so couldn't deal with that!

Waiting until August I mean. And it leaves so little time for planning a year out if I don't get the offer!
Reply 42
Original post by beautiful-lion
I so couldn't deal with that!

Waiting until August I mean. And it leaves so little time for planning a year out if I don't get the offer!

Exactly! :s-smilie: :biggrin:
Reply 43
I wanna wish all of you goodluck for today/tomorrow whenever you are getting them! I have a US offer which is unconditional I guess, I need my diploma though which I am not too worried about! I did one subject as anticipated and I got a 6 on it, not the best but yeah should be enough to get me my diploma. I can't imagine how stressed you guys are, because even with my offer I am sooo nervous. I just wanna do well because I felt like I put my everything into the exam and if I score below 35 (38 preferably) it will seem like a fail! I hope all of you make your offers.
I'm so nervous :s I have a good offer from St Andrews, 35 and a 6 in bio and chem HL, but anyone who takes chem knows how easily it can be messed up. You guys understand anyway, that you just don't want to disappoint yourself, right? AAAH. What is all this nonsense about schools telling you the day before? My school would never tell all 130 of us. Sorry if I sound bitter, I'm really just so nervous.
Reply 45
Lol yeah chem can be easily screwed up because they mark by words mostly! I don't think i'll get a 7 in chem because of lab reports. According to my calculations I am arriving at 70-71% and I counted my labs to be moderated down 14 points but I fear itll be worse!
Original post by MAMDS1993
Lol yeah chem can be easily screwed up because they mark by words mostly! I don't think i'll get a 7 in chem because of lab reports. According to my calculations I am arriving at 70-71% and I counted my labs to be moderated down 14 points but I fear itll be worse!

How about we mope about chem together? I'm sure there will be a designated board :P
Reply 47
Lol! Don't worry you'll do well. Miracles happen, I say that with experience. But I really hope I get atleast a 6, I won't be thrilled with it but it'll be okay. I really hope I manage a 7 in math HL that'll be awesome. What are you aiming for?
Good luck for math, I'm sure you'll do well. I'll tell you this, my brother was predicted a 7 the year the math HL exam made everyone cry (more than usual), and got a 5. He needed a 6 for his offer, missed a 6 by 1%, and still got accepted to St Andrews. Universities can still be understanding. As for me, I'd really like 7s in my HLs because I worked my ass of in those (even though I know that that's what everyone says), and that's what I'm predicted, but my school did kind of overpredict a lot of people, so I need to convince myself that I won't get that to avoid disappointment. A 6 in chem would be nice but I'd be a little disappointed because I put the most work into that and geo HL. I'm also really nervous about the Math SL exam because it was not a good one in my book, so I'd be happy with a 6
Reply 49
Yeah same with our school! In my IB1 exams I scored a perfect 42 on 42! Then we had our mocks I scored a 40 on 42 (6 in english and language B final grade). So yeah my uni predicteds were quite high, but then so was everyone else in my school so it wasn't unfair really. After my mocks I sent all my colleges my mock reports just as a revised prediction I guess coz lets face it a perfect score is next to impossible so yeah seemed more realistic! If I pull off a 40+ I will scream to the top of my lungs. I've never gotten a 6 in chem but then we had a terrible second yr with teachers coming in and out it was a mess. Ended up doing my own options and taking extra tutoring.
Wow it's nice to know someone else in was in the same boat! I was going absolutely insane with all the competitiveness. A lot of other people in my grade just begged their teachers to drag their predicted scores up so their totals were way higher than they should have been. I guess some people will be in for a surprise when they get their results tomorrow! Although I did get the same grades on my mocks that I was predicted, I doubt that will happen on the real thing mainly because of math and chem. Good idea taking extra tutoring, it probably helped you a lot more than you realized. I did that with Spanish- it was a life saver on my oral exams!
Reply 51
Less than 24 hours left now... To think, our IBCs know already :frown:
Reply 52
I am so scared. I don't really have anything else to say, but I think I'll be opening my results at work. Do you know if the site will work off an ipad/iphone?
Reply 53
Best of luck for everyone getting results!
The site keeps logging you out on a regular basis which is going to make it even more annoying.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 55
Original post by ElationAndPathways
Yo Apple17, where are u going? I'm assuming imperial? Because I have a friend who got your same offer with the 5 in English from Imperial.
KCL myself 38 666...

Well, doubt I will make it but KCL too. :smile:
Original post by Insert_username
The site keeps logging you out on a regular basis which is going to make it even more annoying.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

why would that be a problem? isn't there an exact time written in your account that u can check ur results at? mine is 12:30 GMT
Post em when you get them people!

x
:frown: How am I going to distract myself for the next day??
Stay up really really late and then sleep until its time to see the results =]
[INDENT]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending