The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mynameisntbobk
Aww, well you definitely deserve the A then! I'm honestly glad it turned out how it did. And yep, TSR is great for revision and resources and such

Its completely fine :smile:

Thank you! :biggrin:
This is very awkward, but it turns out I'm not going to apply here after all :colondollar: after doing a bit of research, I realised my UCAS tariff will not be very competitive, misread one of my qualifications :colondollar:, so I'm not going to apply here. But good luck to everyone!
This is very awkward, but it turns out I'm not going to apply here after all :colondollar: after doing a bit of research, I realised my UCAS tariff will not be very competitive, misread one of my qualifications :colondollar:, so I'm not going to apply here. But good luck to everyone!

Oh no. :frown: What are your other choices? :smile: And thank you!
Reply 43

Oh :frown: If you don't mind me asking, what is your UCAS tariff?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Reply 44
Original post by Don Jesu
I am actually a graduate applying for the 5 year program, so I don't think the same applies to me. According to the word document at the start of the thread, my UKCAT is used alone :s

I got a 2:1 for Biomedical Sciences (which I believe is their entry requirement) and I scored 765 average on the UKCAT :smile:

Wow, that's a great score! But you'd be better off asking the graduate entry Barts thread :smile:

Original post by cat-lover
Oh no. :frown: What are your other choices? :smile: And thank you!

Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester and Liverpool :smile:

Original post by KanKan
Oh :frown: If you don't mind me asking, what is your UCAS tariff?

It was 500 :smile: looking at last year's stalking page, with my UKCAT, I'm not really likely to get an interview
Nottingham, Sheffield, Leicester and Liverpool :smile:

It was 500 :smile: looking at last year's stalking page, with my UKCAT, I'm not really likely to get an interview

Good luck with your choices! :biggrin: Hopefully you'll get offers from all 4 :smile:
Original post by cat-lover
Good luck with your choices! :biggrin: Hopefully you'll get offers from all 4 :smile:

Thank you :smile: good luck to you too :smile: you can defo do it
Thank you :smile: good luck to you too :smile: you can defo do it

Thank you!! :smile:
Reply 49
Original post by KanKan
Wow, that's a great score! But you'd be better off asking the graduate entry Barts thread :smile:

I can't seem to find one unfortunately :frown:
unless it's extremely hidden haha
hey guys,

I really want to apply for medicine in barts this year. I am taking a gap year.

I have my final A-Level results of A*AAA in geog,bio,chem and physics.

I have 9a's and 1 B in junior cert from ireland. A is the max grade not A*. I got the highest result in the country.

My UKCAT core is 690.

What chances do I have

Thanks
Reply 51
Original post by cheesypuff
hey guys,

I really want to apply for medicine in barts this year. I am taking a gap year.

I have my final A-Level results of A*AAA in geog,bio,chem and physics.

I have 9a's and 1 B in junior cert from ireland. A is the max grade not A*. I got the highest result in the country.

My UKCAT core is 690.

What chances do I have

Thanks

Wow congrats for getting the highest in the country!

Your UCAS tariff is 500. Last year they took people with 520 with a UKCAT score of 690. Take that how you want, you never know what the admissions this year could be like :smile:

Reply 52
I applied here last year and got rejected :frown: but I do like BL. I want to apply this year but I need 690+ in my UKCAT based on last year. I got 540 achieved UCAS tariff. If i go to school and enter myself for stupid A levels like general studies, could I use them as boosting my tariff? xD
Original post by KanKan
Wow congrats for getting the highest in the country!

Your UCAS tariff is 500. Last year they took people with 520 with a UKCAT score of 690. Take that how you want, you never know what the admissions this year could be like :smile:

how can i get an extra 20 tariff points?
and where did you calculate my tariff from?

thanks
Original post by raveen789
I applied here last year and got rejected :frown: but I do like BL. I want to apply this year but I need 690+ in my UKCAT based on last year. I got 540 achieved UCAS tariff. If i go to school and enter myself for stupid A levels like general studies, could I use them as boosting my tariff? xD

why did you get rejected? do you know?

also where did you know how to get the tariff ?
Reply 55
why did you get rejected? do you know?

also where did you know how to get the tariff ?

I have 540 tariff and 620 UKCAT last year :smile: according to the document I needed a higher UKCAT so probably the reason I got rejected. You can find a tariff table on UCAS website and there was a link on the 2013 BL thread :biggrin: from the top of my head it was:

A full A level at grade: A* = 140 A=120 B=100 and so on. AS is half :smile:
Reply 56
Does anyone know how the UCAS tarriff works for Barts? I've heard it's around 460 minimum to be considered.

Do your predicted A2 grades count toward UCAS points?

I have 4 A's at AS so apparently that's only 240 points. I have music as well as speech and drama that give me another 105 points which totals to 345. That's nowhere near the minimum and even having another instrument up to grade 8 wouldn't even get me to the cutoff.
Reply 57
I think I am applying to BL:again finally got a better UKCAT score :biggrin:
Reply 58
Original post by SuparNoob
Does anyone know how the UCAS tarriff works for Barts? I've heard it's around 460 minimum to be considered.

Do your predicted A2 grades count toward UCAS points?

I have 4 A's at AS so apparently that's only 240 points. I have music as well as speech and drama that give me another 105 points which totals to 345. That's nowhere near the minimum and even having another instrument up to grade 8 wouldn't even get me to the cutoff.

Its your predicted A2s mate so if you are predicted A*A*A* for example you would get 140 x 3 = 420 then plus your extra A at AS so + 60 then extra qualification so +105

---> 585 I believe :smile:
Reply 59
how can i get an extra 20 tariff points?
and where did you calculate my tariff from?

thanks

You could do an EPQ, but I'm not sure you could finish in time. An EPQ could give you 70 extra points.

To calculate just Google 'UCAS tariff'.

Quick Reply

Latest