The Student Room Group

STEP 1 2015 Solutions Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rkai01
It would only be Step 1. That is the easier one right?
As for AEA, would you say there are any specific modules you should do?
Also I'm being self taught so how would you say I start in terms of learning as there aren't any text books.

Aea is literally c1-4. That is all you need. Edexcel Pearson books for these modules are available online

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 201
Original post by physicsmaths
Aea is literally c1-4. That is all you need. Edexcel Pearson books for these modules are available online

Posted from TSR Mobile

You sure? I looked at some AEA q's and they looked way more intense compared to even a solomon C3/4 q.

I'd have thought the level of difficulty surpasses FP3, and I struggled on this years paper (even though rushed revision)
Reply 202
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh how can I access the Math books online please?
Original post by Rkai01
You sure? I looked at some AEA q's and they looked way more intense compared to even a solomon C3/4 q.

I'd have thought the level of difficulty surpasses FP3, and I struggled on this years paper (even though rushed revision)

Might be harder then an fp3 paper. I got 90 on this years Aea paper using C1-4 knowledge. It doesnt go further then that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zacken
Q2

(i)

Spoiler

(ii)

Spoiler

(iii)

Spoiler

For part (ii) how did you factorise the cubic?
Original post by Glavien

Comparing coefficients is what I did in the exam then quadratic formula. But notice the cos is a sol hence you get the rest.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Glavien

I would do it by inspection, but comparing coefficients or long division works. (I think I did the latter in the real thing)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending