The Student Room Group

Mental Health Nursing Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hlbird
Hi guys,

I am applying for MH nursing for next March 2017. I was wondering if anyone had any idea what the timetable is like, as I have two young children I would have to juggle uni around them. Are the hours spread over a few days or are they sporadic over the week? Also are the placements x2 6 weeks or one 12 placement?

I would really appreciate some replies if possible

Xx

Hey! I have a confirmed place for EdgeHill March 2017 :smile: I too have 2 small children & currently work in a forensic psychiatric hospital (i will be dropping to 1 shift a week) I see many people at work manage it. We will be fine! :smile: xx
Has anybody accepted a place for Edgehill March 2017 intake? I've not come across any yet! Xx
anybody coming to Hertfordshire to study mental health nursing ?
Original post by Natalie_Jane88
Has anybody accepted a place for Edgehill March 2017 intake? I've not come across any yet! Xx[/QU

I will be sending my application off next month for the march 2017 intake. how was ur interview?
(edited 7 years ago)
[QUOTE="Zainab96;67063896"]
Original post by Natalie_Jane88
Has anybody accepted a place for Edgehill March 2017 intake? I've not come across any yet! Xx[/QU

I will be sending my application off next month for the march 2017 intake. how was ur interview?

Thats fab! All the best to you :smile:

The interview was fine, just brush up on the NHS Values & you'll breeze it (i had working together in my written test.. but they may change this for each interview!) They were so comfortable to talk to xx
anyone else accepted Hull ?

I've been accepted to start in september :smile:
hey! ive got an interview to start study next year. When are you applying for? Whats the interview like x
Reply 867
hi
i am starting pre regis MHnursing in uws feb/2017. anyone else?
Original post by claireestelle
i m doing mh at uclan this september so if you want to know anything about uclan drop me a message:smile:

Hello, just stumble into this thread. I applied to UCLAN for MH Nursing starting in September 2017, I would be grateful if you can help with the following:

1. Any tips about what to expect at interview.
2. how does the placement work, does it goes simultaneously with Uni tuition or separately?
Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards
Original post by neyeeisaiah
Hello, just stumble into this thread. I applied to UCLAN for MH Nursing starting in September 2017, I would be grateful if you can help with the following:

2. how does the placement work, does it goes simultaneously with Uni tuition or separately?

Regards

I'd totally suggest joining this fb group for students as I've seen loads of uclan students ☺️
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentNursingJourneys/

I'm not uclan but I believe it's the same everywhere that you do placement and theory in blocks as when you're on placement you follow full time shift hours depending on your placement. So aren't at uni for that period of time (placement is 9 - 11 weeks at a time for me)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Swagio
I'd totally suggest joining this fb group for students as I've seen loads of uclan students ☺️
https://www.facebook.com/groups/StudentNursingJourneys/

I'm not uclan but I believe it's the same everywhere that you do placement and theory in blocks as when you're on placement you follow full time shift hours depending on your placement. So aren't at uni for that period of time (placement is 9 - 11 weeks at a time for me)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks a million for the link. I am just thinking about being able to do some bank shifts during placements (not more than 20 hours/week). Information I am getting verbally from some friends indicates this might be very difficult to achieve.
Thanks a million for the link. I am just thinking about being able to do some bank shifts during placements (not more than 20 hours/week). Information I am getting verbally from some friends indicates this might be very difficult to achieve.

I would say it isn't particularly difficult. I like many of my cohort are on the bank and Do 1-2 shifts a week during placement so about 12-24 hours and you get paid more weekends.
My last placement was in acute admissions so I did a shift patten of 5,2,4,3 so on a 2 day week I could do 3 shifts.
Not as easy on community that 9-5 as ur in 5 days a week but people often work sat or sun.
Here at least you can do a minimum of 1 a month and as I have another job I mainly do it to get more ward experience.
Hope that helps! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

Regards

I actually dropped out 6 months in so won't be much help as I know they ve changed the interview since then. Placements are in blocks but there's still essays to do at that time
Original post by Swagio
I would say it isn't particularly difficult. I like many of my cohort are on the bank and Do 1-2 shifts a week during placement so about 12-24 hours and you get paid more weekends.
My last placement was in acute admissions so I did a shift patten of 5,2,4,3 so on a 2 day week I could do 3 shifts.
Not as easy on community that 9-5 as ur in 5 days a week but people often work sat or sun.
Here at least you can do a minimum of 1 a month and as I have another job I mainly do it to get more ward experience.
Hope that helps! ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are a star!
Many thanks once again.
Original post by claireestelle
I actually dropped out 6 months in so won't be much help as I know they ve changed the interview since then. Placements are in blocks but there's still essays to do at that time

Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you've dropped out, I hope all is well?
Thank you for the reply. I'm sorry to hear that you've dropped out, I hope all is well?

All is well now yes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending