The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Computer Science 2016 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Also got in (a while ago because i got results in july)
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 501
Any new Computing freshers, do join the official Computing Freshers group: http://facebook.com/groups/imperialcomputing2016 - best place to connect with other Computing/JMC freshers, and where DoCSoc (Department of Computing Society) will let you know what's happening in the department. :smile:
Original post by bwr19
Any new Computing freshers, do join the official Computing Freshers group: http://facebook.com/groups/imperialcomputing2016 - best place to connect with other Computing/JMC freshers, and where DoCSoc (Department of Computing Society) will let you know what's happening in the department. :smile:

It's a closed group, is there something that I have to do to get in or do I just wait?
Reply 503
Original post by notrodash
It's a closed group, is there something that I have to do to get in or do I just wait?

Just click join, they'll check your details and then accept you. They'll send a message if there are any problems :smile:
Reply 504
Original post by TheWiseMan
What would you recommend the Laptop/Computer spec should be?
Also, How many sockets do you get in your room?

thanks

If it boots and can run Linux, it's perfect for the course.
Hi, I just got rejected and am looking for some advice on what to do next. I got the grades (A* in maths + 3A's), but what let me down was the maths AEA paper. I was only 3 marks off the merit I needed, but apparently that was enough to reject me. I was wondering if there would be any point in asking for the AEA paper to be remarked. If the mark went up to a pass, would they then accept me? Thanks
Reply 506
I got rejected because of the STEP exam. I met the conditions for UCL, which is my insurance choice. How do UCL and Imperial MEng courses compare with each other?Imperial is ranked much higher than UCL for Computer Science and offers industry placements. I feel like the UCL course isn't good.
Reply 507
Original post by CS2016
I got rejected because of the STEP exam. I met the conditions for UCL, which is my insurance choice. How do UCL and Imperial MEng courses compare with each other?Imperial is ranked much higher than UCL for Computer Science and offers industry placements. I feel like the UCL course isn't good.

The most important thing is how hard you work and what you make of it. UCL is a great uni :smile:
Reply 508
Original post by freddster1018
Hi, I just got rejected and am looking for some advice on what to do next. I got the grades (A* in maths + 3A's), but what let me down was the maths AEA paper. I was only 3 marks off the merit I needed, but apparently that was enough to reject me. I was wondering if there would be any point in asking for the AEA paper to be remarked. If the mark went up to a pass, would they then accept me? Thanks

Yeah there's a process for remarks where you should get your offer if the grade goes up to the required level, I'd ring Imperial up and ask them though!

Original post by CS2016

Imperial is definitely stronger for engineering (they only offer STEM degrees), but UCL is still one of the best universities in the world. It's ranked higher than Imperial in a few league tables/rankings. Plus the average starting salary for a UCL CS graduate is almost the same as an Imperial Computing graduate (£36k UCL vs £38k Imperial).

All in all, you'll have a great time at UCL and come out with a degree from one of the most prestigious universities in the world, so I wouldn't worry too much :smile:
Needed A*AB to go Southampton. Got A*BB and got rejected (8UMS from A*AB) -.-. Was wondering what others got that got into Southampton.
I know it’s an old post but how did you study for pre-u physics
Original post by Ashbean
I know it’s an old post but how did you study for pre-u physics

It's better if you make a new thread

Quick Reply

Latest