The Student Room Group
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

NTU offer holders 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Hi Ellen, I was wondering if I could defer my unconditional offer. My current situations is I'm in the middle of taking my A-levels but due to a very recent event in my family it has affected my studies. My motivation over the last two/three weeks has taken a hit and my exams have not gone as well as expected at which I'm gutted. My sixth form will allow me to retake them and I wish to be with my family over the next year. As I firmed Trent I received an unconditional offer for 2016/17 intake I was just wondering if I defer would my unconditional offer still stand or would I have to reapply through UCAS for 2017/18.

Thank Ellie

(Sorry for much a long message)
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by MedievalWitch
Hi Ellen I was wondering if you could help me, I've done student finance and done it to my everyday account and not thought anything of it until my friend said I had to set up a new one, should I have done this or should I have told the bank I have done student finance to my everyday account?? :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Hattie,

Sorry for the late reply to this, I have been on holiday :h:

A lot of students open a student bank account when going to university for perks such as a low interest overdraft, and freebies ( I believe some have offered a 16-25 railcard in the past).

However, it is not compulsory for you to open a student bank account (I personally haven't). All Student Finance want to know is where you want your money sent to so don't panic you haven't done anything wrong!

I hope that helps, and if you have any more questions just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Keys10
Hi Ellen, I was wondering if I could defer my unconditional offer. My current situations is I'm in the middle of taking my A-levels but due to a very recent event in my family it has affected my studies. My motivation over the last two/three weeks has taken a hit and my exams have not gone as well as expected at which I'm gutted. My sixth form will allow me to retake them and I wish to be with my family over the next year. As I firmed Trent I received an unconditional offer for 2016/17 intake I was just wondering if I defer would my unconditional offer still stand or would I have to reapply through UCAS for 2017/18.

Thank Ellie

(Sorry for much a long message)

Hi Ellie,

Sorry for the late reply, I have been on holiday.

I have just had a quick chat with the admissions team, and they said that deferring is an option you can take, however there is a chance your offer may not stay unconditional.

I think the best thing to do would be contact admissions directly and they will be able to talk through the options available to you specifically in your case, I'll leave their phone number below:

Admissions: +44 (0) 115 848 4200

I hope that helps, and I hope everything works out for you! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi,

I was just wondering when I will get my accommodation pack. I have met the terms of my offer I'm just waiting for the certificates for it to be confirmed (and the offer to be updated) will it be sent out after that? Or should I already have received one as I have put down a deposit on my accommodation.

Thanks
Conor
Original post by ConorConor
Hi,

I was just wondering when I will get my accommodation pack. I have met the terms of my offer I'm just waiting for the certificates for it to be confirmed (and the offer to be updated) will it be sent out after that? Or should I already have received one as I have put down a deposit on my accommodation.

Thanks
Conor

Hi ConorConor,

I'm sorry, I'm a tiny bit confused of what you mean.

You should receive an accommodation guide once you have received your offer, although this may take up to a week or two to arrive. However, I am guessing from the above you have already booked your accommodation?

I don't believe we send out accommodation packs after you have booked your accommodation. You will receive an email, explaining what you need and where to park when you arrive, but nothing in the post I don't think.

If you want to double check what the next steps are now that you have booked your accommodation, I would give them a ring at:

+44 (0) 115 848 2894

I hope that helps, and let me know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Ellen
Have we supposed to have been sent information on freshers etc. yet?? I've had nothing from the uni since my place was confirmed and I've been on the FB group and everyone seems to know something about freshers and where to go and when course starts :/ I'm confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MedievalWitch
Have we supposed to have been sent information on freshers etc. yet?? I've had nothing from the uni since my place was confirmed and I've been on the FB group and everyone seems to know something about freshers and where to go and when course starts :/ I'm confused

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi Hattie,

Don't panic, no information about Welcome Week has been sent out yet! You will receive an email/guide about Welcome Week, but this won't be until early September.

However, if you do want to find out more information on Welcome Week, then there are a few places you can check on our website and the NTSU website? I'll link these places below:

www.ntu.ac.uk/welcome

www.trentstudents.org/freshers

Although both have not a lot of information at the moment. I do know that the Starting at NTU webpages will be going live late next week which will have some information about Welcome Week, so maybe look out for that as well?

A lot of the people talking about Welcome Week may be talking about last years, or it could be a rumour?

In regards to when your course starts, there is a course induction period between 26 September 2016 - 30 September 2016 (which will include introductions etc.) The course induction timetables for each course will be going live once the Starting at NTU webpage goes live. Term 1 (and your course) will officially start on 3 October 2016.

I hope this helps, but if you have any more questions let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Original post by Nottingham Trent University
Hi Hattie,

Don't panic, no information about Welcome Week has been sent out yet! You will receive an email/guide about Welcome Week, but this won't be until early September.

However, if you do want to find out more information on Welcome Week, then there are a few places you can check on our website and the NTSU website? I'll link these places below:

www.ntu.ac.uk/welcome

www.trentstudents.org/freshers

Although both have not a lot of information at the moment. I do know that the Starting at NTU webpages will be going live late next week which will have some information about Welcome Week, so maybe look out for that as well?

A lot of the people talking about Welcome Week may be talking about last years, or it could be a rumour?

In regards to when your course starts, there is a course induction period between 26 September 2016 - 30 September 2016 (which will include introductions etc.) The course induction timetables for each course will be going live once the Starting at NTU webpage goes live. Term 1 (and your course) will officially start on 3 October 2016.

I hope this helps, but if you have any more questions let me know :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Thank you for the reply this has calmed my nerves haha. I'll check out the links you posted and I realised you replied to my other comment as well thank you I went into my bank and sorted it by just upgrading my existing account to a student one :smile: thank you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi Ellen, I completed my online enrolment last night, however I made a mistake in the qualifications section. I did a BTEC Extended diploma in IT and finished it last year and got my results in August 2015. When it asked me to provide details about my qualification I put level 3 qualification (subject to ucas tariff) because I thought it was the right one however now I realise I have made a mistake and should have picked another option because this option may be for people who haven't got their results yet. Is there any way I could change the info and will this affect anything? Any help will be appreciated as I am worried.

Thanks

Alex
Original post by ADAC1878
Hi Ellen, I completed my online enrolment last night, however I made a mistake in the qualifications section. I did a BTEC Extended diploma in IT and finished it last year and got my results in August 2015. When it asked me to provide details about my qualification I put level 3 qualification (subject to ucas tariff) because I thought it was the right one however now I realise I have made a mistake and should have picked another option because this option may be for people who haven't got their results yet. Is there any way I could change the info and will this affect anything? Any help will be appreciated as I am worried.

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

First of all, don't panic! I don't believe it will affect anything!

I think the best route to take would be to contact NTU support at the email address below:

[email protected]

Just explain your situation (I would recommend giving your N number as well) and ask if this can be changed/if it affects anything. They will be able to get it fixed for you.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Alex,

First of all, don't panic! I don't believe it will affect anything!

I think the best route to take would be to contact NTU support at the email address below:

[email protected]

Just explain your situation (I would recommend giving your N number as well) and ask if this can be changed/if it affects anything. They will be able to get it fixed for you.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions let me know! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen

Hi Ellen thanks for helping, I did send a message to the support services earlier
Reply 131
Original post by Inesramosmelo
Name: Inês
Course: LLB Law (conditional offer)
Campus: City
Accomodation: Sandby
Societies: haven't decided

Haai I'll be studying Law aswell!!
Hi Ellen, I received my starter guide yesterday and it says we need to check what books and equipment we need for our courses, I'm doing computer systems engineering so where can I find out what books and equipment I need to bring with me?

Thanks

Alex
Hi Ellen, I received my starter guide yesterday and it says we need to check what books and equipment we need for our courses, I'm doing computer systems engineering so where can I find out what books and equipment I need to bring with me?

Thanks

Alex

Hi Alex,

If there is anything specific you need to bring with you, it will be outlined in your course induction information. I've had a quick scan and it looks like for your first week you just need to make sure you need your login details and writing material (pen/paper etc.) I'll link your course induction information below:

Computer Systems Engineering (BSc)

I hope that helps and if you have any questions, just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi Alex,

If there is anything specific you need to bring with you, it will be outlined in your course induction information. I've had a quick scan and it looks like for your first week you just need to make sure you need your login details and writing material (pen/paper etc.) I'll link your course induction information below:

Computer Systems Engineering (BSc)

I hope that helps and if you have any questions, just let me know!

Thanks,

Ellen

Oh, thanks Ellen, also say if I get any letters sent to me at my home address during term time, where do they need to be posted to in order for me to receive them?

Thankyou
Oh, thanks Ellen, also say if I get any letters sent to me at my home address during term time, where do they need to be posted to in order for me to receive them?

Thankyou

Hi Alex,

It's completely your decision. My mam usually during our Skype conversations lets me know if I have any post. Tells me what she thinks it is (a bank appointment, a dentist appointment etc.) and then I either let her open it or tell her I will open it when I get home. If it is something important I will then ask my Dad to either scan it over to me via email (save posting), or send it through the post.

However, that's just personally how I do it, if you want to get mail posted to you at University, you will need your term-time address. I see that you have a room in Peverell, so your address will be:

Alex -
Flat -
Peverell
Clifton Campus
Clifton Lane
Nottingham
NG11 8NS

I hope that helps, let me know if you have any more questions :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Reply 136
Hello I'm not sure when my first week is and what days I will be doing at university as I need to sort out my son nursery out as well and also when do I have to come down and get my ID card and also when welcome meeting for my youth justice course start
Many thanks Kerrie Johnson X
Original post by Kesj99
Hello I'm not sure when my first week is and what days I will be doing at university as I need to sort out my son nursery out as well and also when do I have to come down and get my ID card and also when welcome meeting for my youth justice course start
Many thanks Kerrie Johnson X

Hi Kerrie,

Course inductions begin on Monday 26 September 2016, and Term 1 begins on Monday 3 October 2016.

You can find your timetable for your enrolment week here:

Youth Justice Couse

After this, I am afraid I don't know what your timetable will be for when Term 1 begins, I think the best people to contact would be the School to find this out. I will leave the email address below:

[email protected]

As for enrolment, when you complete your online enrolment and once you have arrived you will be able to collect your student card. I will leave a link to dates and times when enrolment is open:

Enrolment dates

I hope that answers all your questions, but if you have any more please don't hesitate to ask! :h:

Thanks,

Ellen
Hi guys,

Quite a lot of you guys have started receiving your offers and are thinking of which uni to make your first choice. So I thought this thread might be quite fun for you to get to know a bit more about Nottingham as a city, and student life at NTU before you make your decision!

I really liked @thecatwithnohat's questionnaire so I have made a very similar one below - please have a go at filling out the form and hopefully we will get some discussions going

NAME:
COURSE:
CAMPUS:
WHICH ACCOMMODATION ARE YOU INTERESTED IN?:
WHICH SOCIETY WOULD YOU LIKE TO JOIN?:
ANY CLUBS/PUBS/RESTAURANTS THAT HAVE CAUGHT YOUR EYE IN NOTTS?:
ANY QUESTIONS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO ASK ELLEN?:

Thanks,

Ellen :h:

Hi Ellen,
Not to be rude but it sounds like ntu are giving everybody unconditional offers if they firm, is that true?
Jane

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending