The Student Room Group

Post your desk!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by SatanIsAwesome

Unless, that book works on the premise that all women are bitches.

:ahee: :giggle:
Reply 41
Original post by lightburns

First year undergrad desk!

The black circle on the left hand side is where I put my laptop - it was taking the picture so unfortunately could not be in the photo.

I leave a nice space around the xbox to try and make sure it gets air and does not overheat. As you can see, the rest of the desk is fair game. I even have crap over the mousemat -.-

:eek: Minefield alert!! How do you navigate your way through all that well placed toot...? :lol:
This was my desk from 1st year, ATi Eyefinity setup is awesome (dont use it much like that anymore) 6048x1080 continuous screen resolution. It is slightly OTT :colondollar:
Original post by iainvg
This was my desk from 1st year, ATi Eyefinity setup is awesome (dont use it much like that anymore) 6048x1080 continuous screen resolution. It is slightly OTT :colondollar:

Eyefinity :coma:
Mine is just simple.
Sorry for the bad photo, its night time and im just using an iPhone.
(edited 12 years ago)
I will clean it up later on today and then do a re-take. I always need to re-arange everything every time I clean my desk!

EDIT: Sod it, will clean up now! :biggrin:

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by gradyhawks

I will clean it up later on today and then do a re-take. I always need to re-arange everything every time I clean my desk!

EDIT: Sod it, will clean up now! :biggrin:

what are you eating? :p:
Reply 47
Original post by iainvg

Eyefinity is pretty sweet :sexface:
Original post by iainvg

:eek: that is ****ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reminds me of my dad's setup at his work with the kajillion monitors going on at once.

i'm really dumb at computers, so this may sound stupid, but do you have all your monitors set up so that there are different windows up on each of the monitors, but they're all connected to the same computer? and where you can shift the windows from one monitor to the next? or does each monitor have its own computer?
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by kristinaalovesu
what are you eating? :p:

Labeled it for you :biggrin:

Reply 50
im so gonna post my desk on this and show you guys what disorganised really means haha.
need to get batteries for my camera...

Labeled it for you :biggrin:

hahahahahah!
I know what you did there!
No wonder the font is too tiny :toofunny:
Mine is just simple.
Sorry for the bad photo, its night time and im just using an iPhone.

I like the simple design of yours. If my desk is too cluttered or complicated my OCD will start making me rearrange stuff until it's aesthetically satisfying enough.

Are those Chinese characters on your desk magazine?

Click to enlarge!
Original post by mrnightcat

I like the simple design of yours. If my desk is too cluttered or complicated my OCD will start making me rearrange stuff until it's aesthetically satisfying enough.

Are those Chinese characters on your desk magazine?

Did you post your desk?
No, thats an IKEA Catalog. Im trying to draw and copy some home furnitures for something.
Did you post your desk?
No, thats an IKEA Catalog. Im trying to draw and copy some home furnitures for something.

You're welcome :smile:
Yes, mine is the cutesy-looking one on page 2, haha. Ah okay, I wasn't quite sure what the red colour was on the magazine at first; I must have been studying far too long, the letters are clear to me now. All the best for your furniture drawing.
(edited 13 years ago)
Mine :biggrin:

2010-09-28 22.57.45.jpg

You're welcome :smile:
Yes, mine is the cutesy-looking one on page 2, haha. Ah okay, I wasn't quite sure what the red colour was on the magazine at first; I must have been studying far too long, the letters are clear to me now. All the best for your furniture drawing.

:zomg:
OMG i love yours!!! <3
Thank you :h:
:zomg:
OMG i love yours!!! <3
Thank you :h:

Wow really? Thank you, I'm feeling more glad now that my girlfriend designed it, haha :h:

You're welcome, and thank you too :smile:
Original post by green chica
:eek: that is ****ing awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reminds me of my dad's setup at his work with the kajillion monitors going on at once.

i'm really dumb at computers, so this may sound stupid, but do you have all your monitors set up so that there are different windows up on each of the monitors, but they're all connected to the same computer? and where you can shift the windows from one monitor to the next? or does each monitor have its own computer?

I doubt he has four towers under there. Basically you can select other screens to run from the same PC. It usually works by sliding windows off the RHS if your original screen and they appear on the second/third. I use this for itunes, cos im too lazy to switch windows on one.

Plug a second one in using another monitor cable, blue ends with small screws in usually. Then right click your desktop and click "Properties" then "Settings" the options are there for secondary screens. Make sense?
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply