The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
I have £1150 in savings and £100 in my bank account. I spent too much on Christmas though! Shall be saving up again though from working full time over the holidays.
Reply 101
I'm currently about -£1,000 in my current account £10 on my credit card and Nil in my savings account.

Basically, I ran a deficit during my undergraduate degree owing to how pricey it was to run a car for 3 years, which sent me plunging into my overdraft little by little. But my overdraft is interest free so it's not really too big a deal.

Now I'm a PhD student getting just over £1,100 per month from my stipend, and only spending roughly half that, so little by little I'm getting out of the red - my bank balance was -£2,500 just a few months ago before I started my PhD, so I've done relatively well do get this far out of it so far! Another 3 months and I'll be officially debt-free, and hopefully by the end of the academic year I'll have about £3,500 in the bank.

Plus I intend to start doing lots of tutoring, and taking on additional duties as a PhD student to earn some extra cash. My mate earns almost £300 per month in addition to this stipend, so if I could get even half of that I'll be putting away £650-700 per month in savings, which is not too shabby for a "student".
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 102
Original post by Profesh
Approximately £10,000. Considering I was overdrawn by almost £1,000 in February of last year, I'd consider that fairly respectable.

And how did one manage such a steep ascent from debt?
Reply 103
-£200 :frown:
Christmas shopping is proving detrimental to my savings, but I'm hopeful of at least hitting approximately £1700 by the end of January, maybe even £1800.

That mortgage still seems a long way away.
Reply 105
£4000, £1000 in savings. I am very good at MW3, people come far and wide to 1v1 me. minimum buy in £25.
Original post by Nizza123
£4000, £1000 in savings. I am very good at MW3, people come far and wide to 1v1 me. minimum buy in £25.

Good for you my friend.
i got... racks on racks on racks, racks on racks on racks...

joke. i'm broke.
17 in y13 but I have less than the smallest value note.
Reply 109
17, got about £21 in my bank account and about £50 in my purse.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by HumiT
17, got about £21in my bank account and about £50 in my purse.

For a second there I thought you meant £21k instead of £21, and I just about **** myself.
Reply 111
considerably less than nothing. :rofl2:
I have like £44 now but that's cause I went christmas shopping but I get paid on Friday and then I'll be saving a lot from then on.
I'm 19, and I have 24k in my savings account and exactly 110 in my checking account. Fun stuffs. I just need to save another 6k by the end of August to reach my goal. :biggrin:
Errr... All in I'm about -£3500, overdraft and 3 credit cards. Ouch. Also I'm not a singleton, I have a family to support, and our overall is actually more like -£5500 :s-smilie:

Actual cash available between us, about £400.

Paying off a £500 c-card in Feb (yaaay) and then progressively payng off the rest of the cards with the excess (i.e. the £30 a month that currently goes down the drain on this card will go onto another card instead until that's paid off... then £50 onto the next etc.) and so I should be totally free of credit card debt in 18 months. Then there's just the overdraft. Lulz.

So, take some advice from an old sage! If you don't have debts yet, avoid them. If you do have them, pay them off NOW before you have kids. It's much harder to make a dent in them later. Turns out kids need stuff, and stuff costs money :eek:.
Original post by green chica
I'm 19, and I have 24k in my savings account and exactly 110 in my checking account. Fun stuffs. I just need to save another 6k by the end of August to reach my goal. :biggrin:

Thats good. What are you planning on spending it on?
Reply 116
Original post by green chica

Care to tell us how you have so much money?? or is my sarcasm detector malfunctioning...
So I am the only one who will have a amount. I shall not post then :frown:
Reply 118
£53.

But I've got to get my Dad a Christmas present and two secret santa events.
One for work and one for my footie team :argh:
Reply 119
Original post by BCUciaran
So I am the only one who will have a amount. I shall not post then :frown:

A number of people are in the minuses so youre not alone.

Latest

Trending

Trending