The Student Room Group

Nursing Applicants 2012 intake

Scroll to see replies

hiya, has anyone had an interview at uni of manchester for adult nursing? i have one on the 29th March and was wondering what the group interview is like.
Original post by Tinty
Have you heard back yet? Im still bloody waiting, getting fed up cos I just wanna know!

Nope nothing, it's doing my head in! How long do you think is acceptable to leave it until we can ring them? Haha x
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by NicholasSimpkin
Has anyone been accepted into Brighton Falmer Campus? :smile: xx

What branch have you applied for if you don't mind me asking? xx
Reply 2523
Original post by daniroberts824
Nope nothing, it's doing my head in! How long do you think is acceptable to leave it until we can ring them? Haha x

Haha, I would but all I imagine they'd say is 'sorry you have to wait for it to show on UCAS'. I wish they would bloody hurry up. x
Reply 2524
Original post by emmacymru
That's amazing well done :smile: I'm waiting to hear back from them still, so nervous! when was your interview? X

15th of janury mine was, thought that was my worst interview too :smile: x
Reply 2525
I wonder if anyone can help..

I applied to several places knowing I didn't meet the entry requirements. Greenwich Uni then offered me an interview which I went to last week. However, I got a phone call from them today saying they could only offer me a place on the Diploma course in May as 'they just added my points up' and I don't have 240 points.

I'm kind of annoyed because I made it clear I wanted to start in September on the degree course and I assumed that because they offered me an interview, they were willing to overlook the fact I didn't have enough points. I now feel like I wasted my time (and money!) going to this interview.

I don't have enough UCAS points to go to any university really (down to me messing up my A levels) but most unis say they will consider applications on an individual basis. This experience with Greenwich has put me off applying to other universities as I feel like this will just happen again.

I just want to know if anyone has been offered a place despite not having the required number of UCAS points?
Original post by Lauren.amy1993
Hi i also have an interview for chester on the 23rd and was wondering if you knew any websites to look at the disscussion topic?? i cant find any!!! :frown:

Helloo, sorry i can't find any either, i wish i could but i'm just gonna check for the current health issues and keep my fingers crossed.
Original post by joshj1
15th of janury mine was, thought that was my worst interview too :smile: x

Wow that's even better then :smile: mine was the 17th January so hopefully should hear soon! Do you have any other offers? X
damn damn damn!!! just phoned coventry and asked when I would know if I was successful in my interview, they said hang on and i'll put you through to the person who knows if you were successful, they then came back on the line and said they were not available and would let me know through ucas in the next couple of days. This obviously means I didn't get in and didn't want to tell me on the phone and I so much wanted coventry, oh well never mind :frown:
Anyone going to Nottingham for an interview in the morning?
Reply 2530
Original post by ClaraCluck
damn damn damn!!! just phoned coventry and asked when I would know if I was successful in my interview, they said hang on and i'll put you through to the person who knows if you were successful, they then came back on the line and said they were not available and would let me know through ucas in the next couple of days. This obviously means I didn't get in and didn't want to tell me on the phone and I so much wanted coventry, oh well never mind :frown:

you never know maybe they were unavailable at that time (: I know how it feels though I'm still waiting back to hear from my first choice.. what branch have you applied for?x
child nursing x
Original post by roisink576
Anyone going to Nottingham for an interview in the morning?
im still waiting to see if I have got an interview, which branch have you applied for?
Reply 2533
Original post by emmacymru
Wow that's even better then :smile: mine was the 17th January so hopefully should hear soon! Do you have any other offers? X

only glam so far waiting on cardiff and swansea. you?x
Original post by joshj1
only glam so far waiting on cardiff and swansea. you?x

I'm still waiting on all three. Hope I hear this week. The suspense is killing me. x
Original post by ClaraCluck
im still waiting to see if I have got an interview, which branch have you applied for?

It's for learning disability nursing. Heard of barely anyone even applying for it!
Reply 2536
Hey!!

Just letting all you that gave me advice know that I got into Southampton, my first choice!! So ecstatic :biggrin: Got rejected for Cardiff, Leeds, and Nottingham so even more pleased as was so worried! Also had an unconditional offer for Glasgow !! Good luck to everyone and I all hope you get where you want to be :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by menzino
I wonder if anyone can help..

I applied to several places knowing I didn't meet the entry requirements. Greenwich Uni then offered me an interview which I went to last week. However, I got a phone call from them today saying they could only offer me a place on the Diploma course in May as 'they just added my points up' and I don't have 240 points.

I'm kind of annoyed because I made it clear I wanted to start in September on the degree course and I assumed that because they offered me an interview, they were willing to overlook the fact I didn't have enough points. I now feel like I wasted my time (and money!) going to this interview.

I don't have enough UCAS points to go to any university really (down to me messing up my A levels) but most unis say they will consider applications on an individual basis. This experience with Greenwich has put me off applying to other universities as I feel like this will just happen again.

I just want to know if anyone has been offered a place despite not having the required number of UCAS points?

hey what day last week did you have your interview for nursing, and which branch was it ?
has anyone heard from kingston for adult nursing ?
Reply 2539
Original post by Bro_Bro
Hey!!

Just letting all you that gave me advice know that I got into Southampton, my first choice!! So ecstatic :biggrin: Got rejected for Cardiff, Leeds, and Nottingham so even more pleased as was so worried! Also had an unconditional offer for Glasgow !! Good luck to everyone and I all hope you get where you want to be :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Well done :biggrin: :biggrin:
I have an interview for Nottingham and ive heard that the interview for there are really hard, are they?

and which branch have you applied for?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending