The Student Room Group

Decent Maths Studies IA Topic?

First of all, thank you for reading this. I am in the process of thinking about my topic for my internal assessment, and one in particular came to mind which was

- does a correlation exist between government spending and inflation rates between the years 2007-2011?

I will also be using data from Q1, Q2 and Q3 and compare them against other years.

What do you think?
Reply 1
Hey :smile:

Yeah, your topic sounds good! I did mine on the correlation between the number of people in each household in a village and the electricity consumption, so that the results give me the disparity in wealth. I got 16/20 :biggrin: And I didn't spend that much time on it, so I think anything stats is fine. Just do some good scatter plots, and some Chi- square tests, and you should be good! Having data from different years is a really good idea too.
Reply 2
Original post by saachi
Hey :smile:

Yeah, your topic sounds good! I did mine on the correlation between the number of people in each household in a village and the electricity consumption, so that the results give me the disparity in wealth. I got 16/20 :biggrin: And I didn't spend that much time on it, so I think anything stats is fine. Just do some good scatter plots, and some Chi- square tests, and you should be good! Having data from different years is a really good idea too.

Thank you alot saachi! I hope your exams are going well!
Reply 3
Original post by Mattyboi69
Thank you alot saachi! I hope your exams are going well!

You're welcome :smile: They went okay, only 1 left now!
Mine is on "Which factors affect the ability to tell the difference between Coca Cola and Diet Coke"

Sounds really **** but there was actually a correlation. Smokers and people who didn't eat pork on the whole weren't able to tell the difference. Strange eh.

EDIT: actually, it was difficult as i could only really do chi squared.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending