The Student Room Group

Leeds 2013 Dentistry Applicants

Who else is applying to Leeds? I hear it's very competitive. Any advice from previous applicants who were successful in gaining entry would be very much appreciated. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by Dodger0
Who else is applying to Leeds? I hear it's very competitive. Any advice from previous applicants who were successful in gaining entry would be very much appreciated. :smile:

Don't get an offer from KCL early on, thats a tip from my experience
Exactly how much experience are Leeds looking for?
Reply 3
Original post by reuse-this-bag

A lot apparently, people I saw getting offers this year were mainly gap year students with the likes of 20 week ongoing hospital placements etc

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 4
I went to the Leeds Open Day a few weeks ago and the admssions tutor said if you apply to the Dentistry (MChD) course, keep the 12-17th December 2012 free as that is the week that interviews will be taking place (in the new MMI format). She said the chances of re-scheduling interviews for alternative dates are very unlikely. There will be 10 x 5-8 minute stations.
So who else is definitely applying to Leeds for 2013 entry? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Hey everyone, I will be going to Leeds in September, if anyone needs any help on their application, I'd be happy to help.

Original post by reuse-this-bag

I had three weeks work experience in two separate general dental practices which carried out both NHS and private work as well as two days in an Oral and Maxillo facial surgery and Orthodontics department. I don't think Leeds have a specific number of days that they want unlike some, I think for Bristol it was around 17-19 days roughly, but I would say try and get experience in a general dental practice then in other fields also such as in a dental lab or hospital.

Quick Reply

Latest