The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Nike SB Janoski, Yay or Nay?
Reply 9762
I need some Rayban wayfarers in my life!
Reply 9763
Reply 9764

Yeah that was me, they are legit , I went to the trouble of having them verified at 2 different opticians

:smile:
Reply 9766
Original post by cgvince
Yeah that was me, they are legit , I went to the trouble of having them verified at 2 different opticians

:smile:

How do they check if they're legit?
Thinking of having a suit made if I like tailor who's going to alter my trousers. I'm thinking currently Navy, 3 button, notch lapels (possibly peak, not sure, leaning toward notch though), not a bum freezer, but jacket fairly short in the body, slim trousers, with little to no break in them, 16 inch hems probably, no beltloops, but side adjusters instead.

Thoughts? Ideas?
Reply 9768
Original post by SamF1992
Thinking of having a suit made if I like tailor who's going to alter my trousers. I'm thinking currently Navy, 3 button, notch lapels (possibly peak, not sure, leaning toward notch though), not a bum freezer, but jacket fairly short in the body, slim trousers, with little to no break in them, 16 inch hems probably, no beltloops, but side adjusters instead.

Thoughts? Ideas?

Personally I've found 16" too narrow as it doesn't quite cover the laces on my shoes :mmm: I do have a preference for 2 over 3 but if I was getting 3 I'd get a soft roll 3 so it could easily button as a 2 as well.

Make sure to ask about his other bespoke work and to check the stuff out personally as his style, cut and quality might not be that great for the price. Then again it might be amazing :awesome: And if possible, when it is being made ask him if he will take pictures for you and post them up on here :h:

--------------------

On a side note, found a 2 button, navy pinstripe, made in Italy, Ralph Lauren Polo suit in TK Maxx before. £300. Going to keep my eye on that and see if it gets reduced any time soon.
Original post by Mess.
Personally I've found 16" too narrow as it doesn't quite cover the laces on my shoes :mmm: I do have a preference for 2 over 3 but if I was getting 3 I'd get a soft roll 3 so it could easily button as a 2 as well.

Make sure to ask about his other bespoke work and to check the stuff out personally as his style, cut and quality might not be that great for the price. Then again it might be amazing :awesome: And if possible, when it is being made ask him if he will take pictures for you and post them up on here :h:

--------------------

On a side note, found a 2 button, navy pinstripe, made in Italy, Ralph Lauren Polo suit in TK Maxx before. £300. Going to keep my eye on that and see if it gets reduced any time soon.

I have really thin legs, so anything that's much above a 16 tends to look too big, in fact, I have a couple pairs of trousers that are 15 and a half which are nice.

I prefer 3 over 2, one becase I'm quite a big fan of mod/ivy styled stuff, and most importantly I have a long torso, and a 3 button balances it out better imo, where as a 2 button leaves me looking a bit out of proportion, would probably err toward a soft roll for the versatility though.
Original post by py0alb
Hoodies and jeans are fine for bumming around the shops/pub/park/house/garden/whatever on the weekend, but what you gonna wear out to a smart bar that night? What you gonna wear to work? What you gonna wear to that garden party? To take your girlfriend out for dinner? What about your interview? Jeans and a hoodie? I would hope not.

Where did I say I exclusively wear jeans and a hoodie:confused: It is what I feel comfortable in, obviously good brands etc. and prefer to to blazers and cardigans my gran would wear, which some have already posted. And I do own a suit so I don't look like a hobo going to interviews.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9771
Anyone have any experience with asos skinny / super skinny jeans

Are the super skinny jeans really tight like the topman spray on jeans, or are they more like topman stretch skinny ?
Original post by fletchdd02

Sameee
Original post by fletchdd02

Far too may people buy wayfarers than can actually wear them. Unless you've got a big, square face they rarely suit.

I bought some Ray Ban Caribbean optical glasses not so long ago and now I've seen these and I wish they were around then, they'd suit my face so much better. :frown:
Original post by PurpleMonkeyDishwasher
Far too may people buy wayfarers than can actually wear them. Unless you've got a big, square face they rarely suit.

I bought some Ray Ban Caribbean optical glasses not so long ago and now I've seen these and I wish they were around then, they'd suit my face so much better. :frown:

Ah yes, liking the John Lennon approach :wink:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 9775
Original post by RFC1872
Where did I say I exclusively wear jeans and a hoodie:confused: It is what I feel comfortable in, obviously good brands etc. and prefer to to blazers and cardigans my gran would wear, which some have already posted. And I do own a suit so I don't look like a hobo going to interviews.

Well that's what your previous message came across like. You implied that everyone who wore things other than jeans and hoodies was a "bender".

Hoodies are great in certain situations, as are sports jackets (I'm not a fan of blazers personally) and cardigans (although not the stupid skinny ones of course).
Reply 9776
Went to No 1 Lombar street for dinner with my Grandad today, it's amazing how many people, despite having all this money, wear off the rack ****e from M&S. Whilst there's nothing wrong with M&S in itself, but when you consider how much money they have, you'd think they'd at least invest in a decent suit.
Reply 9777
Catching up on some of the posts in this thread and alongside the good information it's hilarious!

The guy going on about there being no difference in the quality between denim brands is just brilliant, even the brands mentioned such as Dior and APC whilst they're pretty good for entry raw denim above the likes of nudie etc they don't really come close to the likes of Imperial, Iron Heart, Flat Head, Pure Blue, Samurai or Momotaro.
Original post by xEnvy
Catching up on some of the posts in this thread and alongside the good information it's hilarious!

The guy going on about there being no difference in the quality between denim brands is just brilliant, even the brands mentioned such as Dior and APC whilst they're pretty good for entry raw denim above the likes of nudie etc they don't really come close to the likes of Imperial, Iron Heart, Flat Head, Pure Blue, Samurai or Momotaro.

I know right! I also find it funny when people start on the "I am more hipster than you" by listing niche, obscure brands. Hate aside, cool tumblr btw.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 9779
Original post by hockeyjoe
I know right! I also find it funny when people start on the "I am more hipster than you" by listing niche, obscure brands. Hate aside, cool tumblr btw.

Not even intending to play the "I am more hipster than you" card, if you look into or are vaguely interested in raw denim you'll find our about those brands and their reputations for quality and subsequent fades and longevity.

Latest