The Student Room Group

Change course for next year!

I am currently a first year studying Automotive Engineering, and i have almost completed the first year but i have realized i really do not enjoy Engineering and i want to change my course at the same university! i want to change it to ICT, as i enjoy making websites and use to know how to make them when i was a child i want to do this by this coming september is this possible? and by not taking a gap year?
Help would be appreciated!
Reply 1
bump
Reply 2
Anyone?
Reply 3
Have you asked the uni?
Reply 4
Original post by Newbie123
Have you asked the uni?

Well iv sent the engineering department an email, as it is hard to get in touch with someone at the uni because im at home and its currently easter holidays, but do you think im being realistic this late in the year?
Reply 5
I think it is a bit late. Better to call them. They will never reply to a random email imo.
Reply 6
Original post by HamzahB28
Well iv sent the engineering department an email, as it is hard to get in touch with someone at the uni because im at home and its currently easter holidays, but do you think im being realistic this late in the year?

Well, I think it has a lot to do with the uni & their general kind of procedure in response to similar situations, but also it'd depend on how competitive the two courses (your current course & your desired course) are relative to one another.

I don't think the actual scheduling would be a problem, seeing as they'd have all of summer to move you.

So the main issue would be whether or not you're qualified to be on the ICT course and whether or not you would've got onto the ICT course if you'd applied through UCAS.
Reply 7
Original post by Newbie123
Well, I think it has a lot to do with the uni & their general kind of procedure in response to similar situations, but also it'd depend on how competitive the two courses (your current course & your desired course) are relative to one another.

I don't think the actual scheduling would be a problem, seeing as they'd have all of summer to move you.

So the main issue would be whether or not you're qualified to be on the ICT course and whether or not you would've got onto the ICT course if you'd applied through UCAS.

Well my current course is Automotive and Motorsport Engineering which is much more competitive and according to the University you need more points to get into, and the course i want to transfer to is ICT which only needs 240 UCAS Points compared to my current course which requires 280.
Reply 8
Original post by yothi5
I think it is a bit late. Better to call them. They will never reply to a random email imo.

hmm il try give them a call tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending