The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by silentlife
Study me! Nah... Only joking.

btw what subject are you studying at University? I'm guessing: Engineering or Computer Science... (or maybe maths, physics or philosophy)

Aha,

Maths and Computer Science hopefully.
Reply 5781
Yep, same. By the time it's time to fill in UCAS forms, mines will extend to moon... :moon:

Spoiler

Same! :emo: And then if I get offers, deciding who to pick will be my end :lol:

Mine is (also no order):

Spoiler

Reply 5782
Original post by Etoile
Same! :emo: And then if I get offers, deciding who to pick will be my end :lol:

Mine is (also no order):

Spoiler

No Manchester? :colonhash:
Reply 5783
Original post by wcp100
No Manchester? :colonhash:

Problem? :pierre: They are pretty low down the rankings for languages and I don't know if I'd feel safe living there :colondollar:
Reply 5784
Original post by Etoile
Problem? :pierre: They are pretty low down the rankings for languages and I don't know if I'd feel safe living there :colondollar:

:colonhash: :colonhash: How snobby :colonhash: :colonhash:
Reply 5785
Original post by wcp100

I don't see Reading on your list :colonhash: :colonhash: :colonhash:
Reply 5786
Original post by wcp100
Original post by Etoile

I fail to see UEL on either of your lists
Reply 5787
Original post by Etoile

I feel it's too dangerous.

Touche.

It doesn't do Chemical Engineering either.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5788
Original post by ElMoro

Are you going to the Imperial open day?
The area around Manchester isn't very nice; I can vouch for that, but the University itself is very nice... I went to the Manchester open day yesterday, and my friend insisted we walked from the station to the campus. :colonhash: The area we passed through was atrocious - I wouldn't be surprised if I got stabbed if I walked back after 8pm...
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5790
The area around Manchester isn't very nice; I can vouch for than, but the University itself is very nice... I went to the Manchester open day yesterday, and my friend insisted we walked from the station to the campus. :colonhash: The area we passed through was atrocious - I wouldn't be surprised if I got stabbed if I walked back after 8pm...

Which station? Manchester has it's nasty bits, but a lot of it is quite nice.
Original post by wcp100
Which station? Manchester has it's nasty bits, but a lot of it is quite nice.

Piccadilly...

We took a "long cut"* by accident so maybe we saw bits we shouldn't have seen...

Edit: * euphemism for getting lost
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5792
Original post by ElMoro

Doesn't offer languages :tongue:

Original post by wcp100
I feel it's too dangerous.

Touche.

It doesn't do Chemical Engineering either.

That last part is why I went with Reading over Winchester, Reading does at least do some kind of engineering :lol: Also... Winchester is well known for being a most deadly city :wink:
Reply 5793
Piccadilly...

We took a "long cut"* by accident so maybe we saw bits we shouldn't have seen...

Edit: * euphemism for getting lost

Oh god. You went through the council estate didn't you? You should have gone down Whitworth and Oxford Rd.
Original post by wcp100
Oh god. You went through the council estate didn't you? You should have gone down Whitworth and Oxford Rd.

Oops, I think that's what happened. :mad: Why did we have to walk when we could have taken the free bus. :facepalm: That's it, he's not my friend anymore...

Edit: Only joking
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5795
Oops, I think that's what happened. :mad: Why did we have to walk when we could have taken the free bus. :facepalm: That's it, he's not my friend anymore...

That's a bit harsh.

Edit: Only joking

Was it sunny?
Reply 5797
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Was it sunny?

You must be joking. Sun in Manchester? Pah.
Original post by wcp100
You must be joking. Sun in Manchester? Pah.

I know, I know but it's similar to Lancaster and we do sometimes get sun here...
Original post by SrijanParmeshwar
Was it sunny?

No, it was cloudy all morning and then it rained at mid day and into the afternoon... I heard it rained all day the day before - they said it was better that day. I guess you went to the open day the day before...

Ask wcp100 if you want to know about Manchester. I think he lives there/lives very close/frequently goes there, from his breadth of knowledge of the city.

Latest